Author Topic: First Trip of the Year  (Read 947 times)

Offline Bird-Watcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nice Lake Winnipeg Northern Pike!
First Trip of the Year
« on: Dec 11, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Got out bright and early today, decided to hit the Red for the first time to see if we could tie into some Green. We were set-up by 7:45 am and were fishing in the main Channel, after about 2.5 hours of restling with the current trying to see our jigs on the flasher with next to no success and not a fish to show for it my bud and I picked up the auger and went closer to shore trying to get out of the fast current. We drilled our holes and started getting some bites. Now it was around 11:00 am and we decided to take the tents down and move em on over. After we did it was pretty steady till 3:30 pm. 18 Saugers, 2 Walleyes (My dad got his PB at 31"). My bud and I each lost a giant... happens every year the first trip. Anyway it was an awesome day, bitter cold but awesome, caught some fish and had a good time.

Good luck to all, the big girls are in there. Ice was 8 to 10".
Jaymes Hiebert - Bird Watching is one of my favorite things to do while ice fishing. The Humminbird is my favortie one to watch.

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
Re: First Trip of the Year
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 02:41 AM »
Good job dude,they seem to be a little shallower and out of the main current rite now I'm finding.we got 19 sauger and a couple greens biggest today was 26 3/4 between two of us
GILLISHAMMER

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2010, 02:44 AM »
U guys got it good. 1One 21 incher in one hr fishn for me here in the upper MI. 2-3 inches ice amazing what will hold up a person!

Offline simpson boys

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:51 AM »
were you guys at FPB? Seems to be the spot this pre-christmas rush...
a bad day fishing is better than the best day at work..unless you fish for a living.

Offline Bird-Watcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2010, 11:35 AM »
 No I was not.
Jaymes Hiebert - Bird Watching is one of my favorite things to do while ice fishing. The Humminbird is my favortie one to watch.

Offline Johnny Lee Sauger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:33 PM »
How deep were you guys fishing?

Offline Bird-Watcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:49 PM »
14.2 FOW. There are fish in all depths it is just easier to read your jig on the flasher (with the current the way it is) when you are shallower thats all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.