Author Topic: FYI: Pelican Snow Trek 75 Utility Sled w/ hitch and cover $164.99 Costco  (Read 17953 times)

Offline Silas

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that Costco has the Pelican Snow Trek 75 Utility Sled with:
-  Metal Tow Hitch
-  Travel Cover
-  RAM-X Runners Kit

The sled is 75" x 30.5" x 14" so its perfect for towing all your gear behind your snowmobile out ice fishing.

all for $164.99

check more details about the sled here:
http://www.pelicansport.com/index.php?language=en&utilitysleds=snowtrek75

Offline skreeks

• IceShanty Rookie
Thats a great price for a good sleigh. I think I paid almost 200 hun for a Otter with a hitch at wholesale, no cover. Pretty much same dimensions

Offline Silas

• IceShanty Rookie
They had 15 left at the St.James store and 33 left at the Regent store as of 7pm last night.  The new store out on McGillivray had some too, but I did not get a number.

Offline TinmanDon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "LeGyver"
I bought one of these sleds last year and I really like it.....one thing to watch out for though is the screws that hold the runners, they are a little short, I switched all screws to longer ones.....other thing is mine has the older style hitch with the screw, the new ones have a welded hitch. Pelican has a recall on the hitch and a link on their website to email them, I sent 4 emails with no response....so far not impressed with their customer service....might just have to take matters in my own hands and weld the hitch up myself

Offline GrandrapidsGizmo

• IceShanty Rookie
Just bought one of these at the Co-op in Moosehorn, $129 for the sled and runners, hitch was 29 and cover another 20, so around the same price.Great deal on a unit just as good as the otter but 1/2 the price!

Offline Popsicle

• IceShanty Rookie
I bought 1 at costco last year. I had no problem with the recall.
A ph. call to customer service and the new hitch was sent UPS within a week.

The biggest problem was the fact that the hitch would not bolt to the sled.
I modified the hitch with the help of my tube bender to widen it, then added a piece of 3/16" x 1 1/2" flat steel 18" long to each side of the sleigh.
This makes it easier to hook up and remove the hitch as well. It now tows like a portable flip ice shack.

If you want I can send pics. P M me your e-mail
A bad day at the lake still beats armchair fishing.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
I bought one last year too. The recalled hitch replacement was sent to me pronto. This was an upgrade from my tiny Canadian Tire sleigh that had everything tied to it with multiple bungees. That sleigh kept tipping over. The Pelican is so much deeper that I don't have to use bungees at all. I agree that the runner screws are a tad small so it is advisable not to tow it over gravel or you'll lose the runners.
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.