Author Topic: Patterson/Tokaryk Lake?  (Read 6138 times)

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Patterson/Tokaryk Lake?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:43 AM »
i see no talk a bout barb less hooks in manitoba

YES, barbless hooks are very important to the fishing industry. So remember, when you go fishing to always use barbless hooks so the fish can have a longer life. :) ;D

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the 1st one on...and the last 1 off
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Tokaryk and Patterson are boring. All the guys I talked to had minimal success out there. Not worth the trip in my opinion.

Maybe They Just Werent Workin It Right  ;) :'(
I'm El Capitan Of The Wally Destroyer

Offline landlockedviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:02 PM »
I'd have a hard time believing no action at Patterson, unless it has shut down that much over a week! Trout's feeding habits coincide with the barometric pressure, so maybe with this front coming it they have slowed down.

You can't drive onto the lake, but the lake is right beside the road, making it a short walk.

Offline thedeerhunter1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • my best walleye in hard water
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:25 PM »
patterson and tokaryk is a very good lakes and we should thank flipper and MB conservation for this. to bad so many people don't read the regs and are over harvesting these lakes. the Co's need to be out there more often and remember they are there to help us not to screw us over.
with the 2010 fly fishing championships headed that way this may i hope some of u keep that in mind when taking fish home to eat.
trout are like any other fish they don't eat everything u put in front of them. many things vary, water clarity bar.pressure, light, wind , depth just like every other fish out there.
piggy backing is adding a small piece of bait or lure to your hook.
as for using cronomid flys try tying them on dropper rigs or 3 way swivels try nymphs and water boatmen too.
 if barbless hooks are so good why are we the only Provence to use them. i have fished from Florida to grand prairie and Manitoba is the only place where i have found that uses barbless hooks .. why? ;)

Offline thedeerhunter1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • my best walleye in hard water
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:41 PM »
didn't get to go today to much damn snow but here is a beauty i caught last weekend 2ND master form this year. ;D

Offline landlockedviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:47 PM »
That is a beauty! Going out there Monday morning...will post the results! Hopefully it will be good....

Offline maw31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:44 AM »
That is a beauty! Going out there Monday morning...will post the results! Hopefully it will be good....

I agree, nice fish. Hope it's good fishing out there today. ;D

Offline landlockedviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Went out this morning, was on the ice and fishing by just after 8am. Had a couple of hits right off the get go. Three fish landed 16", 18" and 21". Had a couple others on the line but didn't manage to get them in. Saw several small ones swimming around, a couple actually tried to take the bait, but, they were like 6"s big.  Beautiful day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.