The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Family sleeper shack rentals  (Read 2667 times)

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
Family sleeper shack rentals
« on: Jul 28, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Thinking about coming up from iowa to fish with the family and possibly another  family with their kids.
Total we will have four kids. (8,4,3,1)
Not after trophy fish but more to keep the kids and busy for a weekend. Would like to keep the drive shorter if possible. Wanting to give sleeper shack(s) a try. Not looking for a hotspot but need to keep the kids busy if possible. Thanks in advance

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Family sleeper shack rentals
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2019, 12:43 PM »
I have done a sleeper on Lake of the Woods and Upper Red Lake. For keeping kids busy/interested, by vote would be Lake of the Woods

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Early season red can have a lot more constant action then LOW. In my opinion at least, LOW can be hot at times.

Leech, Mille Lacs, winnie are other big lakes with resorts that put out sleepers.

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2019, 09:39 PM »
I go up twice a year from Iowa also. We went to big stone lake by ortonville last 2 years. Caught perch. It was fun and I think the kids would like it cause the water is super clear and you can see the fish. Can see them bite your jig. We used flashers and as soon as we saw fish my head was over hole waiting for my jig to disappear. We did really good 2 years ago. Last year we did ok. Arties bait shop is who we rented. We’re from northeast Iowa. Wasn’t too far. We’re gonna go to Waubay in South Dakota this year just to get after more walleyes. Just west of ortonville.

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2019, 01:32 AM »
Red Lake would be a better option vs. LOTW because there is absolutely ZERO night bight on LOTW which makes for a lot of dead time. Red lake can be very hot at night as well as Winnie and Leech
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2019, 07:44 AM »
LOW has zero night bite. I would call ahead and ask for the best time no matter where you go. We went to LOW in February and were told it's the worst month when we got there.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Think he wants to keep the drive down a little fellas. From Iowa low is about a 9 and a half hour drive for me. Not sure where he is from in Iowa though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.