New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Using Swedish Pimples for Perch  (Read 12284 times)

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
Re: Using Swedish Pimples for Perch
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Palomar works well on braided line
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2008, 03:47 AM »

knot may have slipped with braided or if knot was there and lure was gone,your line got between your split ring and by by lure,that why I take the split ring off and tie the loop knot,plus the loop knot lets the pimple do its thing,I'll try to explain,the loop knot,first put end of line through eye of lure,pull about 6 inches of line through,pin both lines together,take lure in left hand and pinch both lines with right hand,make loop between lure and pinched end,pass lure two time through loop,wet line with your mouth and pull both ends,lure in left line in right, with a little practice,you can make the size of loop as small as you want snip tag end and you the loop knot,just make sure to go twice through the loop if you go once the knot will not hold  and pull out,this knot is very good and give certain lures alot of freedom to do there thing.Hope this helps with the loop knot,The Captain

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I guess I need to brush up on my knots, and find a store which sells more Swedish Pimples in the Rochester area!

Offline tipupesox

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:26 AM »
Don't be afraid to sample some of the other jigging spoons on the market.  Northland makes a buckshot jigging spoon in some very nice holographic finishes.  I outfished my partner on Sunday using a firetiger version while he was using a gold pimple.

Offline MC

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:35 AM »
I like the small silver pimple with red tag and loaded with spikes.I caught my biggest perch of the year on this rig.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I really like the buckshot spoon you mention I have quite a few and a few more I use in a dropper setup instead of the hook that comes on it I use chain droppers similar to a hali   which is another kickass perch spoon... There are alot of different spoons some of which are very nice but, I always end up coming back to the pimple.

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I really like the buckshot spoon you mention I have quite a few and a few more I use in a dropper setup instead of the hook that comes on it I use chain droppers similar to a hali   which is another kickass perch spoon... There are alot of different spoons some of which are very nice but, I always end up coming back to the pimple.
im the same way bro,buckshot/kastmasters/what ever when i leave to go home there is usually one lure on my pole the pimple small or med
but lately i have been having trouble taking off the rapala jig i just been gettin the bigger ones on it

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:19 PM »
What does a "hali" look like?  Anyone got any pictures?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.