New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Who's going to Conesus on the 3rd?  (Read 11557 times)

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Who's going to Conesus on the 3rd?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 01, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Thanks for the conditions Shawner... wish you could join us, your more than welcome!

Thanks for the invite oak, the wife's got me for the first time on a Saturday since first ice so.................... ... Got to give her one or I'll get one, if you know what I mean. Been doing The Coneish pretty regularly this year, I expect you guys will have a good day, have fun, stay safe! ;) :tipup:

Shawner

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #61 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:48 PM »
     Thanks for the invite oak, the wife's got me for the first time on a Saturday since first ice so.................... ... Got to give her one or I'll get one, if you know what I mean. Been doing The Coneish pretty regularly this year, I expect you guys will have a good day, have fun, stay safe! ;) :tipup:

Shawner

Thanks Bud!  ;)
Wish you could join us, but I understand the "honey-do" thing!...lol

Offline titeline22

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I`am not back by sundown.... Just wait longer !
« Reply #62 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:53 PM »
ME FOR SURE

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #63 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:05 AM »
This is for the Conesus Gathering this saturday...
Some of you I have on my list already... Some I havent heard from, some I have. Some I havent talked to at all... but all are welcome.

Tomorrow is the final day before the gathering and I need to get a final head count so that I and my friend can buy the food!

So weather you are coming or not, give me a yes or no in a PM... also, if you are planning to bring a friend or friends please let me know that too!

I have so far... Grill, tables, hots/burgers, buns/rolls, condiments/cheese, Italian sausage and some other foods... If you would like to bring anything, please let me know!

Also have some nice prizes, some I had from last year (no ice) and some were donated... Im also going to buy some other things tomorrow night!
If anyone would like to donate anything there, please let me know too.

All are welcome so dont be afraid to join us all and have a great time!

Hope to see you all out there... let me hear from you A.S.A.P. for a final count!
Thanks for the cooperation and participation!

OAK

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Websters definition of a northern red neck.
« Reply #64 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:40 PM »
The grill is in the truck with a full bottle of propane, gear is packed, minnows are in the bucket, beer's in the cooler, now all I have to do is get my honey out of bed in the morning!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D
"There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid!"

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #65 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:57 PM »
The grill is in the truck with a full bottle of propane, gear is packed, minnows are in the bucket, beer's in the cooler, now all I have to do is get my honey out of bed in the morning!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D

Good deal KW... I will be there bright and early.
Probably leaving Batavia around 5 or 5:30am...takes about 40 to 45 minutes for me to get there!

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Mar 02, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I'm going to stop by the N end and check it out, I wonder how much water is on the ice.

I'll report back later.

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #67 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Hey Oak,
I thought I would have to cancel.  My brother -in-law and his wife both wound up in the hospital and then my truck broke down and is in the shop.  However, things stabilized with my in-laws and my neighbor Ray thought it would be good to go to Conesus tomorrow, so the 2 of us will be there tomorrow about 8:30.   Sorry for the late notice.
Good luck.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Hey Oak,
I thought I would have to cancel.  My brother -in-law and his wife both wound up in the hospital and then my truck broke down and is in the shop.  However, things stabilized with my in-laws and my neighbor Ray thought it would be good to go to Conesus tomorrow, so the 2 of us will be there tomorrow about 8:30.   Sorry for the late notice.
Good luck.
Norm

Not a problem... Im glad things worked out!
Nothing wrong with an extra person either... the more, the merrier!
See ya all tomorrow!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:19 PM »
I got a bunch of italian sausages and peppers spaced out the rolls and the wife is yanking my debit card after my gander trip    i will try to get some ...

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #70 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:54 PM »
I got a bunch of italian sausages and peppers spaced out the rolls and the wife is yanking my debit card after my gander trip    i will try to get some ...

LOL.. my wife took the plastic and the credit card away along time ago... no I hide cash!  ;D

Im off to bed people... see you all in the A.M.
I will be there no later than 6:30AM

Offline bobbers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Mar 03, 2007, 01:46 PM »
2;45 pm   just talked with oak and ryan out on the ice at conseous and i can tell there are at least two happy campers out there 

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 03, 2007, 08:00 PM »
just getting back from conesus   thanks oak for organizing this get together i had a lot of fun  . And those are some nice tip-downs big johnny ice   will be trying them out tommorrow and also the bait service was a cool set up and some cool people thanks again

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Mar 03, 2007, 10:55 PM »
2;45 pm   just talked with oak and ryan out on the ice at conseous and i can tell there are at least two happy campers out there 

There were a LOT of Happy Campers out there. It was the best time I had since my barn roof collapsed, and the Bait-on-Site made it ever so much better. Thanks again guys. ;D :tipup: ;D :tipup:
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #74 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Saw,
Good times like that are the medicine in life that we all need to get through our own "Barn Roof Collapses". Good to meet you, man.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Anybody out there got pictures to post?

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #76 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Anybody out there got pictures to post?

I'll get some up here REALLY soon!  ;)
Im just waiting for PUNISHER to email me some.

Thanks again for the Grill KW... and thanks to everyone that made it out yesterday.
Fishing was slow, but the party was great!

Hope everyone had a great time... I know I did!

Pics to come soon!

OAK

Offline PUNISHER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't even catch a cold while ice fishing.
« Reply #77 on: Mar 05, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I'll work on getting the pics off the camera and sent to you when I get home tonight Oak.

It was nice meeting everyone out there.
I gotta say icefishers have to be the friendlest outdoorsmen I have ever met.
Had a great time even though my shanty crashed in the wind and
I didn't end up catching any fish that day.

Good grog, great food and the best of camaraderie.
Thanks everbody....especially you guys that rescued my shanty and other belongings.

Cant wait till next year!

Offline BlindSquirrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Mar 05, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #79 on: Mar 05, 2007, 03:42 PM »
I'll work on getting the pics off the camera and sent to you when I get home tonight Oak.

It was nice meeting everyone out there.
I gotta say icefishers have to be the friendlest outdoorsmen I have ever met.
Had a great time even though my shanty crashed in the wind and
I didn't end up catching any fish that day.

Good grog, great food and the best of camaraderie.
Thanks everbody....especially you guys that rescued my shanty and other belongings.

Cant wait till next year!

Cant wait to see the pics PUNISHER!
I will post a small report after I get them.
Thanks for the kind words on the event... we always have a great time despite whatever gets in the way!  ;)

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #80 on: Mar 07, 2007, 07:30 AM »
Nice job guys!  To top it off it looks like there were some nice fish caught.  What was the biggest pike?

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Nice job guys!  To top it off it looks like there were some nice fish caught.  What was the biggest pike?
37+" , 12lbs+ took the top fish honors, there were some nice pictures but I see the mods have been hacking away again!!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ???

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #82 on: Mar 08, 2007, 02:12 PM »
Post your "NICE" pictures and they will not be deleted.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #83 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Folks, I don't know how many times this has to be said.  If a post or a picture violates the rules of Iceshanty, which you all agreed to when you signed up, and if you aren't familiar with them then please re-read them on the FAQ board, then those posts containing those violations will be deleted.  I know that at least one picture contained profanity, so that entire post was deleted.  We don't edit things out of posts.  With this group here (NY), could you imagine how much time and effort that would take alone?

It's very simple.  Post the pictures of your gathering that are clean and not offensive to others on this site.  It's not about what's offensive to the mod team.  They are just doing their job, so get off their backs.  I'm surprised very much that they've let some of the comments that you all post go.  Just how exactly do these types of things relate to ice fishing or the quality of this site?  Nobody wants to read these things.  Come on now, get back to why we are here and everyone will be OK.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:43 PM »
i didnt see anything offensive in the post which was deleted kind of sucks that the pictures are gone as i fortgot to take any pictures that day ???

Offline BlindSquirrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Mar 08, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Folks, I don't know how many times this has to be said.  If a post or a picture violates the rules of Iceshanty, which you all agreed to when you signed up, and if you aren't familiar with them then please re-read them on the FAQ board, then those posts containing those violations will be deleted.  I know that at least one picture contained profanity, so that entire post was deleted.  We don't edit things out of posts.  With this group here (NY), could you imagine how much time and effort that would take alone?

It's very simple.  Post the pictures of your gathering that are clean and not offensive to others on this site.  It's not about what's offensive to the mod team.  They are just doing their job, so get off their backs.  I'm surprised very much that they've let some of the comments that you all post go.  Just how exactly do these types of things relate to ice fishing or the quality of this site?  Nobody wants to read these things.  Come on now, get back to why we are here and everyone will be OK.

The photos in question were posted prior to this morning and were of the people at the gathering, the fish caught, the leader board, group picks, ect.  These were separate from the post that contained the “offensive” photos. :-\
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Mar 08, 2007, 05:38 PM »
i saw the original ones from last night didnt see the offensive ones though oh well thats too bad was a real fun time fishing was kind of slow but fun all the same

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #87 on: Mar 09, 2007, 08:00 AM »
The photos in question were posted prior to this morning and were of the people at the gathering, the fish caught, the leader board, group picks, ect.  These were separate from the post that contained the “offensive” photos. :-\

The only post that I could find with pics was the one with the "offensive" photos.  That's the only one that we've dealt with.

We keep track of everything that we remove.  Posts aren't deleted, they are moved to a "safe" place, and this post isn't there.  It's a policy that we mods use.  We have the ability to delete a post but rarely do so (usually we do that for duplicate posts and stuff that nobody would care about).  As far as I know, the mod team didn't do anything with this.  I searched for the pictures and if I could have found them then I would find a way for you all to see them, but I couldn't find them. 

In this case, I think mods are being blamed here when the deletion may have occured by an angry member.  :P 

The mods aren't out to stir the pot by wreaking havoc with peoples post, editing or anything like that.  It's actually a very businesslike way that things are dealt with.  Obvious violations are dealt with, but those that are on the fence are discussed and dealt with on a case by case basis.

I don't understand why people love this site for years, taking and sometimes offering informative ice fishing info (often taking and not giving though), and even the creation of many of their ice fishing friendships (and even get togethers such as this) happen as a result of all the things that this site was designed to do, and then all of a sudden people get offended because they post something that's against the rules of the site (as if the words in their posts are profound, holy, and golden), got the post deleted, and they get angry and team up with others in the same situation with mutinous intent.  All of a sudden this site has changed  ::), the mod team is accused of all kinds of things  :callcops: (almost all of which we have no power to do from a systems or admin standpoint), and they leave or post something to get them banned.  Sorry, I don't get it.  When does a fishing forum rule your life to the point that you even get angry at anyone?  That's what our rules prevent, so simply follow them and have fun, and keep loving this site for what it is.  It's not life, it's the freakin internet for Pete's sake!!!!!!!  And don't even go there with the free speach issue, that doesn't hold water on any forum.  If you wanna go curse at someone, go down to the street corner and do it in person and see how far free speech gets you! ;D

Maybe someone else has some pictures that you all could share and post again.  I hope so.  I'm tired of honest people, working hard to keep this site clean for your kids and family, organized and informative for you, getting blamed for stuff that they simply don't or can't even do.  That's why I had to speak up.  I know what is going on behind the scenes for the most part and those that post such rediculous accusations don't, that's what it boils down to.  I have no stake in the NY board on this site, having never ice fished there, but I most certainly will tell it like it is so that you know that the folks that do my job on your board have the utmost integrity to do the job that they were asked to do.  Most, if not all, of the mods on this site were never mods on a forum before and had to learn on the fly, often making mistakes along the way.  It takes a certain type of person to sit back and take all of that crap knowing that all they want to do is make this site better for everyone. 
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.