New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: CENTRAL N.Y. ICE THREAD (Madison, Onandoga, Oneida, Chenango counties)  (Read 11815 times)

Offline IceMonsters

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team New York
Seen Tuscarora Lake skimmed over this morning. Things are looking good. Can’t wait to get out there and hook into some walleye!!!

Offline conesuscrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
I am in sales and drive non stop.  I've noticed small ponds and lakes along with the shore of the Seneca River already starting to skim over.  Hopefully it will be a great cold year / winter!

Offline IceMonsters

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team New York
I am in sales and drive non stop.  I've noticed small ponds and lakes along with the shore of the Seneca River already starting to skim over.  Hopefully it will be a great cold year / winter! Hopefully it will be!!! Can’t wait  ;D

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
I drove by the reservoirs yesterday as well. Eaton brook was still open. There is a pond within the vicinity that had 1 1/2" yesterday. I bet by this weekend ill be ice fishing.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
I'll be out checking Friday afternoon, with gear in truck!

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cant wait

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline crazyrider546

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Think COLDDDDD
Seen Tuscarora Lake skimmed over this morning. Things are looking good. Can’t wait to get out there and hook into some walleye!!!

Are they walleyes on the south end of the lake? I parked at a bar last year on the north side and walked half way and didn't catch a thing

Offline IceMonsters

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team New York

Are they walleyes on the south end of the lake? I parked at a bar last year on the north side and walked half way and didn't catch a thing
Yea they are more concentrated in the center and south usually around 20’

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 Just heard that the Oxford Lions Club is no longer going to host the Chenango Lake Perch Derby.

Offline IceMonsters

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team New York
Just heard that the Oxford Lions Club is no longer going to host the Chenango Lake Perch Derby.
Who’s going to host it this year?

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
As far as I know nobody is stepping forward. I'll try and stop at Mayhoods and get the skinny first hand. Volunteers in theses clubs eventually get burned out. Tends to be a few doing the work of many.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Does anyone know the ice thickness of eaton brook or tuscorora reservoirs?

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
I live on Tuscarora and drove by Eatonbrook, neither one has thickness. There is still open water everywhere, only the areas that the wind isn't hitting has any ice on it.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
It's killing me not knowing the thickness of ice on Leland pond. I wonder if there will be fishable ice by Saturday?
I drove by eatonbrook tonight and as stated a lot of open water, very disappointing.

Offline RegsizeRuss

• IceShanty Rookie
if these temps continue, it can't be too long!

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
Forget the big stuff guys! The little ones are locked up nice and will be game on this weekend
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
just checked on a pond, locked up and used a spud to open up a hole. I measured 2.5". This weekend is looking really good. I'm not going to attempt it but I wouldn't doubt there will be fishable ice tomorrow. spud, spud, spud and be safe out there.

Offline alexg425

• IceShanty Rookie
As of this morning Jamesville Reservior was basically 100% crusted over.  Might have 2 inches by tomorrow but that may be wishful thinking

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
has anyone driven by eaton brook today to see if it is skimmed over?

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
After driving and ice checking I finally found safe fishable ice. Today at 5pm I was on 3-4" of ice. TOMORROW MY ICE FISHING SEASON BEGINS!!!!!

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
Forget the big stuff guys! The little ones are locked up nice and will be game on this weekend
Ditto.

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was forced to burn a day at work so after I drop off the boy at school I'm gonna head out and check on some ice.
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline RegsizeRuss

• IceShanty Rookie
I will check Jamesville today. will post by 5pm

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
I got out for the first time this year. Nothing of size to brag about but had fun catching 23 perch. I tested my new striker predator suit and artic muck boots. The early morning temp was 3 degrees and I never once got cold. Ice fishing has started just keep it safe. Some areas are definitely sketchy.

Offline RegsizeRuss

• IceShanty Rookie
Just checked Jamesville at the dam end. only 1"-1 1/2" of ice. Not much snow on the ice. It looked pretty consistent all the way across.

Offline msha0129

• IceShanty Rookie
Any ice on big bay yet?

Offline Ice pirate 74

• IceShanty Rookie
I wouldn't trust no ice in central new York yet, maybe by next weekend

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
I punched through on 1 whack today 5ft from shore.!!

1-1.5" max.   

It appeared that someone had been out there for a little while based on their tracks.  I'm not sure what planet they are from but I am glad that they made it off the ice safe.  Please be careful people.

I am going to give it a few more days before my fat ass is going to bother checking again.
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stupid question but how do you join a team?
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
With the temperatures down it wont be long  :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.