New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Help support our new fishing club!  (Read 12446 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Help support our new fishing club!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2016, 06:33 AM »
What a great idea, kinda jealous that I didn't have a fish club when I was in school. It's wonderful to see you are getting kids away from the video games/computers and back in to the outdoors. I have a bunch of older tip ups that I no longer use that I can give you, may need new line on them. I also have a couple poles, reels, bait buckets and a few other accessories that are just gathering dust. I drive thru Broadalbin every so often, can I just drop them off at the school?

we  are  all on  computors  right now  =))

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Hey adkRoy - received your package today! Thank you so much for your donation to our fish club. The jigs will definitely get some good use.

It is much appreciated!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2016, 05:55 PM »
you are welcome.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Crappie Killr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Great pictures, looks like the kids had fun. I never realized GSL had so many smallmouth, I always think of it as pike and walleye.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Have you reached out to Jim's bait shop, Dave's bait and tackle, and Franks Gun shop to see if they would be willing to make donations since they are all local and near you.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:15 AM »
Typically we don't get into the smallies in the winter, but we do catch plenty in the spring time. It was a nice surprise. The kids caught a few nice ones.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Funny you mention that adkRoy, I am headed to Franks tomorrow to see if they are interested in helping out. I am also going to stop by Runnings in Gloversville. I will also reach out to Jim's Bait shop and Dave's. Great idea! Thanks!

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Thank you crappie killr for your donation. Awesome stuff!

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:05 AM »
Make sure those kids first learn about ice fishing safety. Tons of videos showing how to check ice thickness, and what to do if you fall through. These are things people need to know.
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:47 AM »
Make sure those kids first learn about ice fishing safety. Tons of videos showing how to check ice thickness, and what to do if you fall through. These are things people need to know.
its the most important part of ice fishing for everyone involved.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:33 PM »
Yes, we have had a classroom session with some of the kids already. On the ice we showed them the gear we have available for emergency purposes. I even showed them a video of me jumping into a swimming pool this summer with my float suit on to demonstrate the technology that exists to ensure safety on the ice 😄

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Hey BigT - Thank you so much for your generous care package! Lots of goodies in it for the kids. A few of them were in my class when the package arrived so I let them open it up. It was like watching my own kids on Christmas morning. They were so excited!

Thanks again! I'm so happy to see the support we are getting. You guys are great!!!

Offline BigT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:25 PM »
That's great. As stated I have more for them when they start fishing open water. best wishes to your students & I hope they catch a lot of good memories

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2016, 07:38 AM »
We took another group of kids out on GSL yesterday afternoon. Its a lot of fun to have the kids out there with us. Love the enthusiasm when a flag goes up! In all we caught 14 fish...1 big perch, 5 walleye, 8 smallies. One of the kids lost a really big eye at the hole.

I also want to acknowledge Frank's Gun Shop for their help in making sure the kids have what they need out on the ice! Yesterday, they donated bait, a bait bucket, new tip ups, and they are allowing us to use one of their augers. I can't thank John and his staff enough for their efforts. They truly see the value in getting these kids out on the water and learning the sport.

Please visit us on twitter @BP_FishClub to get the latest details and photos about our club. Thanks again.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2016, 09:16 AM »
That's awesome! The kids sound like they are having a blast and Kudos to Franks Gun and Tackle for donating to your club! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 AM »
thats great . i sent you a small package out last week. should get it today or tommorrow not much but im sure ill be accumulating more soon.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:14 AM »
Thank you Fishy1. We are on winter vacation right now so we won't get your package until Monday. I'll be sure to let the kids open it up first thing in the morning.

We are also going to have a fish fry for all kids as sort of a "grand opening/welcoming" to the Fish Club when school is back in session.

Thanks again!

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Thank you Fishy1. We are on winter vacation right now so we won't get your package until Monday. I'll be sure to let the kids open it up first thing in the morning.

We are also going to have a fish fry for all kids as sort of a "grand opening/welcoming" to the Fish Club when school is back in session.

Thanks again!
wow a fish fry. yum yum

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Thanks Fishy1 and Webs820 for your donations to our club! We received them this morning. Kids were super excited. Your kindness is much appreciated!

I will post pictures from our fish fry later this week.

Cheers!

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 25, 2016, 06:41 PM »

We had our fish fry this afternoon. 40 kids showed up to participate. It was awesome! We couldn't fry the fish fast enough. Special thanks to Gadway and Crappiekillr for donating fish to our cause. We all had a blast.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 25, 2016, 06:50 PM »

Here is our official logo for our club. We had a few different ones, but this is the one the kids voted for.
I think it is a great choice!
What do you guys think of it?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 25, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Sweet. I wish I was in school again.....

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 25, 2016, 08:37 PM »
like it . glad to see such a good turnout for the fish fry. just an awsome scene. hope this catches on everywhere in schools.

Offline Crappie Killr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 25, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Makes me happy to see kids getting into our sport. Glad I could help out. I'm anxious to see how this grows.

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 26, 2016, 06:17 AM »
Funny you mention that adkRoy, I am headed to Franks tomorrow to see if they are interested in helping out. I am also going to stop by Runnings in Gloversville. I will also reach out to Jim's Bait shop and Dave's. Great idea! Thanks!

You also have Ross's bait shop close by.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #55 on: Feb 29, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Awesome pictures.  The kids picked out a nice design.

Offline BigT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 29, 2016, 10:28 PM »
You should get some decals made up for sale. I would be proud to buy one and put it on my boat.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:38 PM »
Yes, we will be getting stickers and decals along with sweatshirts, hats, polos, etc. I will certainly let you know once we have them available. Thanks!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Mar 01, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Wish I had  you as a teacher some 40 something years ago..   ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline BigT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 01, 2016, 10:38 PM »
Back then some of us were lucky enough to have grandfathers, fathers, uncles who were willing to teach us the fine art of fishing. It sure took a lot of patience & practice to get us to learn it the right way, but when things came together, and lessons were learned, there were smiles and congrats goin all around. I sure miss those days, but I hope to pass along some of the lessons I've learned, along with a few new tricks someday. The huge proud smile you get when a youngster hooks and lands their first fish is well worth it.......Just my 2 cents worth.      GOOD LUCK KIDS!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.