New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing Sandy Pond  (Read 11027 times)

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fishing Sandy Pond
« on: Dec 27, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Just visited with my Aunt at Greene Point and they are charging 5 dollars to park there and 75 dollars for a season pass.There is 7 inches of ice in the bay and they have been catching some crappie,I will be fishing either Thursday or friday and will post my results. :tipup: :tipup:

bonkfan14

Re: Fishing Sandy Pond
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:12 PM »
hey what about me!!!!!!! do you get a family discount....you going for the SLIME DART'S or do you wanna go for some of the harder fish to catch?...well let me know when you go ill meet you there...is renshaw ok?... and r you bringing your machine?...zeke out

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2005, 07:03 PM »
hey there crappdaddie I will leave my machine home for now and walk out from Greene Point probably tommorrow afternoon.

bonkfan14

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 07:59 PM »
maybe ill come out and visit you will you have a radio with you? if so what chanell? talk to you tom maybe or ill talk to you thr if you go ... thur is a bettter day for me...zeke

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2005, 07:04 AM »
Is there any place to park that is no $5?  I am not too familiar with the area.  Thanks

Offline jcfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:31 AM »

if you could jigger, could you tell me the ice conditions after you get back from your trip out?  Im looking at maybe going up at the end of the week and on the weekend.  thanks for the info.

bonkfan14

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2005, 05:50 PM »
jigger im waiting for a report... i know you didnt forget about me, you miss me to much ;D...well ill sign back on around 9pm or so and see how you did today....zeke

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Went fishing today and got about 25 nice gills,ice is only 4 inches and melting,not sure what the rain will do to it on Thursday.Sorry Zeke but I didn't get rid of any slime darts today but I will try again on Friday if the ice stays good.I caught the gills just off the bottom and sometimes up about a foot off the bottom,was using ratfinks with mousies.See Zeke even a perch hearder can catch gills :clap:

bonkfan14

« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:31 PM »
See Zeke even a perch hearder can catch gills

i just looked at the pictures of them and realized none of them had any eyes 8) .......they all bumped into your line and jigs  :wacko: well at least you did catch fish after alll!!!!!! see you soon...zeke :tipup:

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2005, 02:05 AM »
jigger,

let me know how the ice is, I am working nights right now and would like to try to go one of these mornings.

thanks
The next time you go in the outdoors remember to clean up your trash!

bonkfan14

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2005, 09:43 AM »
i will be somewhere tommorrow... get ahold of me tonight and we will fish together...zeke ;D

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Ice is great and isn't going anywhere and neather are the gills unless they are in your bucky! The hammer hanndles are still around too for the pike guys. I'm fishing there tomorrow and I will take the easy share and will post reports if I can figure it out.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Fished off of green point today had about 30-40 gills and sunny's 5 1/2 inches or bigger and the biggest 9 inches.Used small caty type jigs orange in color tiped with grubs.We had anywhere from 7-9 inches of ice and it was growling all day.My freind had his new aqua-view out today,man that thing is awesome.My wife is going to be upset when she gets home from work tonight because I am going to gander in a little while for one. :woot: :clap:

Offline gunnerdk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2005, 02:44 PM »
I also fished off green point today. Gills and sunnies non stop all morning we took about 25 - 30 home along with a couple 8-9" ones. We also caught two large mouths one was pretty nice on our tip ups. Ice was 7-8 inches and lots of fish , it doesn't get much better.

Tight lines!!

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Hey Jim...
Here's a pic of the Blues from Renshaw today.
Just finished fileting up the bunch, lookin' forward to Sun. watch Football and frying 'em up.

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2005, 05:08 PM »
looking at going to green point around noon tomorrow.

Happy new year!

Mike

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2006, 05:01 PM »
 Fishing has been great for the gills and some crappie have been taken. The hammerhandle pike are in great abundance Some nice ones too. All in all the fishing is good all around. Pleanty of action! Parking is only 5.00$ a day and is a short walk ,and the ice is real nice. There has been 4-wheelers all over the pond.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2006, 05:14 PM »
How is the ice?
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2006, 02:41 PM »
7.5-8.5 solid and the fishing is still consistant. Tons of action all day.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:14 PM »
i plan on possibly hiting the pond this weekend.  orange bucket, shanty out yet and in the same place as last season?  any snow on the ice to speak of?  have a quad but would rather ride the sled.

looking forward to patronizing your most humble abode very soon....and what a fine establishment on ice it is 8)

"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline panfishing pirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:26 PM »
are you catching a lot of small gills mixed in with the crappies
nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:45 PM »
I plan on fishing Green Point on Thursday setting up for pike and panfish,will post how I do. :tipup:

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2006, 08:14 AM »
i will be out there on sat. morning, hope to see some heads out there

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Anyone make it out recently?

bonkfan14

« Reply #24 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Anyone make it out recently?
went today got blown off...ice is ok not the greatest but fishable...getting colder so that will help..2 guys were pike fishing had 2 on the ice in the 3 hrs i was there jigging for crappies...hope this helps...zeke..

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Thanks Zeke!
Trying to gather some info about some places for this weekend,hopefully we don't get too much snow.

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2006, 04:19 PM »
If the ice sets up a little more I hope to be out there off Greene Point somewhere fishing for pike on Martin Luther King Day.  I fly an American Flag off my sled so look for me I'm easy to find.  I may try the south side of Greene Point since I have never fished that side before.  Now that they have the $5 parking I will be close enough to try it.  I have always fished in Renshaw Bay side.

Ranger :tipup:

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 05, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Jigger,

Where do you buy your pike minnows?  I'm looking for a place closer to Sandy Pond than where I am buying mine.

Ranger

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Woodys in Port Ontario,I tried the new 1 in Sandy Creek but found out they where chubs and they where all dead when I pulled them up.During derby time I go up to Maple Run farms in Sackets the bait is in cold weather and will last and they are also great people to deal with.Zeke sorry I didn't show but fishing in the rain I won't but will fish in the snow and cold.I didn't think the ice would be that great with all the rain and warm weather,Where is the cold weather? ???

Offline beaglehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 06, 2006, 06:06 PM »
I'm planning on driving the 2 hours it takes to get to Sandy Pond in the morning.  Any recent updates on ice and fishing conditions would be appreciated.  We are planning on fishing west of the Wigwam (straight down the hill from the Sportsman Club).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.