New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Pro am ice tourney  (Read 11299 times)

Offline Rbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Pro am ice tourney
« on: Feb 16, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Well the tourney is this coming weekend in sodus bay and it say in rules you turn your disclaimer in by noon but it don't say wear or were the weight in is this should be post at all tackle shop and area business to get local in it so were is everything going to held at

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pro am ice tourney
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2014, 03:55 PM »
???????????????????

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:06 PM »
no

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:29 PM »
It's all listed on website but sure more information will be posted on here this week
Just enjoying life

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2014, 07:33 PM »
The slush is pretty bad out there. I hope everyone doesn't overdue it. The signup usually is at sodus point fire dept. Im sure tim and jeff will post more info
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Appleman you say slush is bad how bad will we be able to get around with atv thanks 
Just enjoying life

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2014, 04:36 AM »
Let's keep this thread going. I also have a few concerns about the contest and the conditions and I read through the rules a few times. I am not sure if it is 12 panfish/day and a "big fish" or is it 12 panfish total over two days and a big fish? 
The conditions are going to be bad. All that snow will turn to slush. I will try to get out Wed -Friday with the sled and give some reports. I know a lot of guys are concerned.

Offline 1beaver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trapper
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2014, 05:05 AM »
That would be great.lots of snow on the ice.we want to fish the Derby but I think you are right about the slush going to get bad out there.looking forward to your post.thanks
the bone

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2014, 05:09 AM »
I will do my best. I thought you guys were in it. Good to finally meet you.

Offline 1beaver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trapper
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2014, 05:14 AM »
Me and perryt will be there.just  worried about the slush.might need hipboots
the bone

Offline partyshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:04 AM »
Ny sporty  and I will be there slush or not!
Some say the glass is half empty, some say half full. The Irish will forever say "You gunna drink that?"

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:42 AM »
I had a lovely afternoon 3 yrs ago digging out an Atv with all four wheels chained in conditions not as bad as this. And I do mean the entire afternoon.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Ny sporty  and I will be there slush or not!

Can't wait! I went through some serious slush this weekend on Otisco.
:thumbsup:
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2014, 09:24 AM »
The taller 4 wheelers were gettin through but workin at it. Theres probably 6inches of slush. Hopefully the warmer weather will melt some of the snow down. We were on snowmobiles and they were working hard pulling the shanty
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline scott14580

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:19 PM »
To anyone who fished last year: exactly where on sodus pt. is the departure spot? Thanks

Offline keukaperch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Question about the Open division, me and a friend were thinking of entering but can we fish in the same shanty together? I have fished other tourneys that don't allow this... sorry if this is a stupid question.  ???

Offline rd9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2014, 04:40 PM »
Team dances with fish will be there. Gonna bring the side by side. We fished the chautauqua event which is in our back yard. We have never fished sodus. There just pike and perch hopefully we can catch a pike. From everyone I have talked to it seems.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the late response - been BUSY!! Ok, tourney headquarters will be located at the Sodus Pt Firehall where check-in/registration will be located. For the Pro-Am team event, we are planning on two shot gun starts (one at the north end by the park and one at the south end by Bay Bridge Sportshop) where we will also have the weigh-in stations.

You can fish together in the Open Division, just have to be 30 feet from anglers not in your group.

Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:34 PM »
The Sodus pt. FD. Take rt 14 north to the 4 way stop take a right onto bay street down towards the bars and restaurants. The fire hall is on the right in the first block. Can't miss it.
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Let's keep this thread going. I also have a few concerns about the contest and the conditions and I read through the rules a few times. I am not sure if it is 12 panfish/day and a "big fish" or is it 12 panfish total over two days and a big fish? 

For the Pro-Am Team event, you will be trying to catch the following each day:
-Largest Pike (worth 10 pts plus 1 pt per pound)
-Largest walleye (worth 10 pts plus pt per pound)
-Largest 12 panfish (perch, sunfish, bluegill, crappie, rock bass)(worth 1 pt each plus one pt per pound)

The Open Division will be looking for the biggest Pike, Walleye, Perch, and Panfish - top 5 of each place in the tourney (20 prize packages up for grabs).

Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Rbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Can you regetiser the Friday at the firehouse and in the open so your saying two people can fish together but got to be away fri another angler by 30 feet and is it close commucition or open commucition

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:39 AM »
Yes, you can register Friday (12-9pm) or Sat morning (3-7am) for the Open Division. If going into the Pro-Am Team event you must register by Friday at 7pm and attend the mandatory captains meeting that starts at 7pm (or make other arrangements with me for some rare exceptions). The event is open communication as there is no way for us to monitor that. And yes, 30 ft is the rule between anglers not fishing together.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline RACKMASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • BLOODY  ICE  PIRATES ! ! !  aarrrrrrrr.... .
« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the late response - been BUSY!! Ok, tourney headquarters will be located at the Sodus Pt Firehall where check-in/registration will be located. For the Pro-Am team event, we are planning on two shot gun starts (one at the north end by the park and one at the south end by Bay Bridge Sportshop) where we will also have the weigh-in stations.

You can fish together in the Open Division, just have to be 30 feet from anglers not in your group.
Tim got a question about shotgun start for the islands ?
I may want to fish my normal spots between the islands , does everyone have to enter the ice for the open division ONLY ay the two spots ( the point and bay bridge ) ?That would mean I would have to enter at the point and drive or walk over ?

Also I pre reg on line for open but will not get there till 5am sat morn at the firehall to sign up, is that alright for the open div ?
ICE PIRATE !

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Tim got a question about shotgun start for the islands ?
I may want to fish my normal spots between the islands , does everyone have to enter the ice for the open division ONLY ay the two spots ( the point and bay bridge ) ?That would mean I would have to enter at the point and drive or walk over ?

Also I pre reg on line for open but will not get there till 5am sat morn at the firehall to sign up, is that alright for the open div ?

Open anglers can enter the ice at any location, however you have to keep in mind that all fish need to be brought to the weigh-in stations via the ice (you can't hop in your car and run them over). We'll likely have the northern weigh-in station off of Maiden Lane like last year, even though the shotgun start will likely be off the park.

Checking in any time Sat morning before 7am is ok for Open anglers.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline RACKMASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Open anglers can enter the ice at any location, however you have to keep in mind that all fish need to be brought to the weigh-in stations via the ice (you can't hop in your car and run them over). We'll likely have the northern weigh-in station off of Maiden Lane like last year, even though the shotgun start will likely be off the park.

Checking in any time Sat morning before 7am is ok for Open anglers.
Is their a check in at bay bridge or only at fire hall ?
ICE PIRATE !

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2014, 06:08 PM »
Only at the firehall. Unfortunately we don't have enough personnel to run two check-ins - that would be ideal though!
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline RACKMASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Only at the firehall. Unfortunately we don't have enough personnel to run two check-ins - that would be ideal though!
Ok thanks !
Hope there is ample parking at both locations for lots of trucks and trailers , or the sodus /huron police are gonna have a field day on tickets  :(

Anyway , lets pray for safe coditions !
ICE PIRATE !

Offline Rbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:25 PM »
Ok here a question can you still reg on fri at the firehouse or not plus is it close comm or open comm and can we be on the ice for the shot gun start or not

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2014, 11:48 PM »
Ok here a question can you still reg on fri at the firehouse or not plus is it close comm or open comm and can we be on the ice for the shot gun start or not

Sounds like a few questions:
1) Registration is open Friday (12-9pm) and Saturday (3-7am), and Sunday (3am-7am) for those only fishing Sunday.
2) We have no way of regulating a closed comm ice event, so it is open comm.
3) Only the Pro-Am teams are allowed on the ice for the shotgun start. All Open anglers cannot enter onto the ice until 6am.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:02 AM »
Checking out ice today and will report later but don't rely on  the report too much. Conditions will change dramatically after the rain Friday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.