New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..  (Read 14521 times)

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
Re: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:42 AM »
it never hurts to try. i wasent a beliver until last year when i started using dead ciscos for lakers on lg. caought 9 lakers one day all on dead bait and not a one on shiners.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:57 AM »
i found this

The following list reflects fish distribution for January 1 - December 31, 2010. The fish are stocked with help from County Federated Sportsmen.

Lincoln Pond

Tiger muskellunge

10 inches

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:22 AM »
nice blue, where did u find that? ive looked all over.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 28, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2012, 10:47 AM »
thanks

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2012, 05:07 PM »
might head out next monday.... or sunday if I can convince the ol' lady then I can bring our son!
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 29, 2012, 06:41 AM »
gonna try and go friday to tuesday next week. or at least a couple days....just need some huge bait

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #37 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:56 AM »
gonna try and go friday to tuesday next week. or at least a couple days....just need some huge bait
use some of those dink panfish for bait for the toothies  ;)

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:10 AM »
i usually do....but they prefer big shiners in my opinion....i use both and catch more on the shiners. i believe it is due to something they dont see often...last week i used the biggest shiners yet in there, and had my best days....so it proves to me that the bigger the bait the better in the shiner form

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #39 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:49 AM »
i usually do....but they prefer big shiners in my opinion....i use both and catch more on the shiners. i believe it is due to something they dont see often...last week i used the biggest shiners yet in there, and had my best days....so it proves to me that the bigger the bait the better in the shiner form
i agree 100% bigger is better

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 29, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Where is a good place to park? Isn't there a campground around there somewhere?
Meat is murder....tasty, tasty murder

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:58 PM »
yeah....if your coming from elizabethtown, you will see the shallow side on the left. on your right is a red fence as you get to the deeper side. you might be able to park there depending on the plows. a few big rocks there though, be careful. also, right before that on the left is a boat launch area. again, nto sire if it gets plowed, but that can hold 8-10 vehicles.

if you are coming from mineville area, you will come down a big hill and see the lake on your left with a few camps. you will go over the causway and see that red fence on your left and the other half of the lake on your right

Offline jam1e24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:58 PM »
You can park by the red fence but you wont be able to get a atv or snowmobile through there. Part of the fence was knocked down after someone ran into it. I guess it just depends on what side you want to fish, If you are going for pike or musky go on the south side (red fence)  ;) ;)  I drive by there everyday on my way to work and there has been quite a few people out. Ice is around 12" thick and is still plenty safe enough. Whatever you do dont go by the causeway because the ice is open on both sides and goes from safe ice to no ice in the matter of footsteps. I have fished there quite a few times in my lifetime due to only living about 5 miles away and there is plenty of fish in there to keep you occupied.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:46 PM »
good call on the open water. ill be honest, i didnt mention it because it is clearly visible, cant miss it. you said u have fishedit alot....how have you done? ive fished it for almost 30 years...i love it!!!! mostly summer, but come up to my camp a few times in the winter. it isnt winterized which is why i dont come up more often. i sent you a pm jam1324 asking about some of those little local ponds.

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Thanks for the info guys! I was looking for toothy guys. Any perch on the deep side though?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:59 AM »
lol...there is percg everywhere!!!! you can drill a whole any where and get em jigging. not huge, but lots

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys. Fished there yesterday and each caught our personal best pike ever. TONS of dink perch-but they sure make good bait. Wanted to post pics, but can't figure out how.....

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:24 AM »
nice fishmonger, was i right about the perch or what?!?! hahahaha...

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2012, 12:13 PM »
nice what were the size on the pike?
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Mar 05, 2012, 12:26 PM »
 We landed 4 decent ones, the biggest was 33. I'll be back for sure. You ever get those guys in the summer?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2012, 12:44 PM »
yea...get em alot when i bass fish. i go up there in oct to close the camp and do pretty well also...i sent you a pm fishmonger

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #51 on: Mar 05, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. Fished there yesterday and each caught our personal best pike ever. TONS of dink perch-but they sure make good bait. Wanted to post pics, but can't figure out how.....
you have to open a photobucket account, free, upload your pics to photobucket, then go back to IS start your post then minimze go to photobucket put your curser on the pic then move curser down to where it say IMG code right click then move it over to the right box then left click then up yo the red "x" that'll bring to you post right click a box will appear click on paste your IMG code will pop up,

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 06, 2012, 05:40 AM »
jeesh, seems liek alot of work. hahaha

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Hey guys! Anybody been by Lincoln last couple days? I have tomorrow off and was going to try it one more time-but this weather has me a little worried.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #54 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:43 PM »
id like to know to, unfortunately tomorrow is my only day off before season ends...idk if I will make it down that way, got some errands to do... checked a couple bodies of water north of there with tons of ice
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #55 on: Mar 13, 2012, 03:56 AM »
jeesh, seems liek alot of work. hahaha
not really, once you set a photobucket account it's not that bad. It sounds like a lot of work when it is written out.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:24 AM »
nice fishmonger, was i right about the perch or what?!?! hahahaha...

Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures. com, or www.hunt101.com

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on "IMG Code". (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Mar 13, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Good last day on ice. I wouldn't try this ice again tomorrow. It's getting thin with big holes out there. Had to plank it to get off. Caught about 150 perch with 7 keepers. But we got one eating size pike and some bonus crappies. warm and sunny with lots of action-nice. see you guys next year. Thanks for all the advice!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #58 on: Mar 14, 2012, 01:01 AM »
Good last day on ice. I wouldn't try this ice again tomorrow. It's getting thin with big holes out there. Had to plank it to get off. Caught about 150 perch with 7 keepers. But we got one eating size pike and some bonus crappies. warm and sunny with lots of action-nice. see you guys next year. Thanks for all the advice!
Yea the ice is going fast especially the shore line, I fished for tigers yesterday, when I went out 06:30 the shore line was ok but when I came back to get off there was a 2' distance from ice to shore, luckily it was only 6" deep. I have another lake I can get on that where you get on is in the shade all the time so it takes a long time to melt, plus the ice keeps the air colder there.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 14, 2012, 08:54 AM »
fishmonger, i just put 2 and 2 together and realized that was you out by the beach yesterday.... i was with the group of 3 along the campsite shoreline. i was the one going back and forth to land to try and cook my hotdogs...hahahahha. i missed your pike, how big was it. my buddy (pikeman3033) got a nice one at the end of the day. i had something hit a monster bait of mine. took a ton of line out and when i got there it was tangled and i think caused it to drop it. the bait had teeth marks in it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.