Author Topic: Pondering Thoughts  (Read 1503 times)

Offline AKBob

• IceShanty Rookie
Pondering Thoughts
« on: Dec 12, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Well what to do;

Here I find myself stoking the wood stove waiting for the temp to rise, it's holding at –2 and the fog is rolling off the Kenai blocking out the sun.
I have been thinking about a fishing tent with a heater for days like this but still kicking tires as to which one to buy. I may be heading up to Anchorage next weekend so if any one has any suggestions I would appreciate it. For now I will be pulling it into the wilderness area of the refuge but I may buy another snow machine for Hidden and Skilak.
Oh well just took the boiled eggs and potatoes off the stove for potato salad that I will be making along with the walleye fillets for the fish fry tonight thanks to brother Jody bringing them up last summer.
Well the sun is starting to peak through so I think I will go out and split some more wood as it is looking like we are in for a few more days of below zero weather.
Tight Lines
AK Bob

Offline AKBob

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pondering Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Hey Sea Dog

If I could figure out how to send it your way I would be glad to share it with you.
I see on the news you have had some nasty weather up your way, I hope all is well.

Bob

Offline hammerhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2008, 03:19 PM »
made me do a double take when you started talking about walleye fillets. Look back to see if you were from Alaska or not.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Seadog
Please send me your address, I have plenty of cold weather to send your way.  ;D

I wish it would warm up enough to go ice fishng!!!
FYI, that -52C wind chill works out to -63F.   :woot:      :woot:

Offline bullhead bandit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Definitely jealous of the walleye fillets.  It's hard to beat beer-battered shore lunch coated walleye in the deep frier. Besides a few burbot I haven't caught much up here that I enjoy eating, maybe I just have to adjust my cooking methods.  Drifter, you're weather makes Fairbanks look like the bannana belt.  I went out without the shack this afternoon and thought -2F felt cold after four hours, I guess things could be worse.  SeaDog1, I'm guessing the ice on the lake today was around 16".  Not bad for an auger, but I'm still using a 24" spud.  It's a good way to warm up, but kind of deturs me from moving around much.

Offline hammerhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2008, 05:32 PM »
What do you Alaskans think of Sarah? Suppose we could borrow her to be Pres in about 4 years?

Offline groundsluice_pete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for hard water fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Dude-
my son and I went out yesterday to Island Lake. The char were swarming under our holes, and though most were smaller (10-12") I managed to pull up one 20"er. We were using my new Quickfish 3. That means I have my Quickfish 2 up for sale. Good shape, though I have replaced two poles. PM me if you're interested.

We were toasty yesterday at around 0 degrees with our little redneck heater made from a coffee can.

Well what to do;

Here I find myself stoking the wood stove waiting for the temp to rise, it's holding at –2 and the fog is rolling off the Kenai blocking out the sun.
I have been thinking about a fishing tent with a heater for days like this but still kicking tires as to which one to buy. I may be heading up to Anchorage next weekend so if any one has any suggestions I would appreciate it. For now I will be pulling it into the wilderness area of the refuge but I may buy another snow machine for Hidden and Skilak.
Oh well just took the boiled eggs and potatoes off the stove for potato salad that I will be making along with the walleye fillets for the fish fry tonight thanks to brother Jody bringing them up last summer.
Well the sun is starting to peak through so I think I will go out and split some more wood as it is looking like we are in for a few more days of below zero weather.
Tight Lines
AK Bob

See you up the trail.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.