Author Topic: Saturday Plans  (Read 1127 times)

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
Saturday Plans
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Hey hardwater nuts!

Who's got plans for the weekend?  I am thinking of hitting Long Lake on the Glenn saturday for an all day-into the evening trip, leaving Anchorage at around 7:30ish.  My fishin' partner just bailed on me, curious if any other IS members from anchorage are interested in heading out there.  I have room for one person in my rig, which will be filled with gear and my dog.  Looking to set out about 4 tipups for Burbot/lakers and have one jigging rod to move around the lake and catch all the skinny little char (or giant Lakers)!!   ;D

Anyone know about overflow on Long Lake?  I think that the lake stays a little cooler than the other lakes around the SC, so it may not be so bad after all this warm weather we have been having.

Thanks for any info and PM me if anyone is interested!

Back to work! 

J

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: Saturday Plans
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:41 PM »
you'll have to tell us how you do...my inlaws live up the road a bit at victory.  I've hit the lake a coulple of times for an hour at a time, just have had a few bites and thats it.  The guy who married my wife and I wants me to see if I can catch a burbot and a lake trout out of it.

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2007, 05:06 PM »
On the 20th my buddy and I hit the lake for an all day session and managed over 2 dozen char and lakers, all in the 13-15" range.  More char than lakers, but they were definetly there.  Hope to find more of the same and maybe a bit bigger sizes this weekend or monday.  I have heard of Burbot being caught there, but I have yet to see one pulled out.  Hopefully I will have something to show you all after this weekend. 

Question: THe limit for Burbot is 5/day, does this mean I can have 5 tip ups out for Burbot and still have one Jigging line for Char and Lakers?  I am a bit hazy on this, maybe a call to F&G would clear that up.......

Anyways, thanks for the input....

J :tipup:

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 11:02 AM »
technically it says that the total aggragate number of hooks you have down may not exceed the burbot limit, which would cause me to believe that you couldn't do it.  However, I think it is in enough of a grey area to have a trooper give you a citation for it and if they did you would win in court and they would have to change the wording on the regulations.  If you kept another fish on your tip-ups other than a burbot you could get in trouble or if the hooks on the tipups have less than a 3/4" gap.  The troopers that I have been checked by seldom know the regulations anyhow unless they hunt and fish themselves, I had a trooper once in fairbanks tell me I couldn't use treble hooks in outboard pit (crazy story).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.