Author Topic: what is everyone getting for Xmas  (Read 4544 times)

Offline tightlineusny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: what is everyone getting for Xmas
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Just got my Vex FL-20,can't wait for ice. Hope Santa made the right choice on the vex. Anybody want to reply on Santa's choice. Mrs Santasaid she got it for 250.00

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Just got my Vex FL-20,can't wait for ice. Hope Santa made the right choice on the vex. Anybody want to reply on Santa's choice. Mrs Santasaid she got it for 250.00
Great choice and if she got it for $250 .oo she stole it !

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Mrs. Santa did very well to say the least!!!
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Have to wait til after Xmas. Have four kids to buy for and they all want expensive stuff this year. Teenagers wish they were smaller again HAHAHAHA

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #34 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:23 AM »
"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!"  ;D ;D

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:36 AM »
You'll shoot your eye out
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Mossy oak seat and stearing wheel covers for my truck, to match the decal on the back window, toher than that all i want is Gift cards to GANDER MOUNTAIN!

Offline edfalc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:48 PM »
all i want for Christmas is a small generator to power up all the gadgets in the shack...my loving wife has assured me that Santa  will be good to me this year as i have been a very good boy ....
Shut up and FISH

I Fish for Those who Can't

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Strikemaster strike-lite auger, Ice Armour x (grey) suit.  Couple jgging rods, and some new lures, and hopefully a state record fish

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:16 PM »
santa (myself) did really well this year! im getting a eskimo quick fish III,marmish rod and $60 in jiggs, and an 8" ice-gator . oohh yea :D :D bring on the ice.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I ordered a Marcum 820 as my gift, but I just learned it will cost $400 to repair my snowblower so I guess I am getting a new one of those as well.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I didnt trust Santa this year  so I bought all the toys I wanted for ice fishing season!   Santa couldnt afford all I wanted  Santa prob only gonna get me socks and underwear anyway and a flat screen for bedroom
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I'm getting a few new tip-up's,   warm ,dry (Hopefully)boots,  a few new lures, and my sister always gets me my fishing licence w/ combo (trout and Lake Erie stamp) for the next year...  2008 in this case.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:59 PM »
jigs, jigs, and more jigs

;)

Offline bowhuntken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2007, 04:04 PM »
sold my fl-20 got myself a new lx-5,   wifey is getting me 6" nils hand auger
and ice armor x mittens
usmc 1989-1993

Offline who me lost?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:56 PM »
New x67 ice machine, was such a deal I bought two, one for my buddy!

Offline Moejiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:05 PM »
I probably won't get much this year. I bought a new Polaris Sportsman This summer. I convinced the wifey we needed it to plow the driveway(which I do). Boy will it work nice to pull my flip shack around. Now I can cover a lake the way we were meant to do.

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:46 AM »
I'm getting two of the slammer kits with 5ft poles to go with them. If anyone has experience with these please share
I bought three of them late last season when they were offered to IS members at a discount. They were a lot of fun to fish with! Just like their ad says " a Downrigger on ice". I bought their rods rather than use my own so I could "dedicate" a rod to each Slammer. Not only that but you have to bend one of the rods guides back toward the blank in order to hook the release ring to it and how much you have to bend it varies as to whether you want a light or heavy "trip". Their rods are nothing special...relatively cheap glass rods but they do the job and I wasn't bending guides on any of my good St.Croix, Fenwick, Cabela's or Loomis rods had I chose to use my own. Take a little time and get them set up and play with them in the comfort of your home before you take them out on the ice. I color coded each Slammer and rod set up so that I didn't have problems while out fishing with them. I set them up on a table so I could adjust the trip on each one how I wanted it. If you have any questions or problems...Matt ( the owner of Slamco inc)  is a really nice guy and he's more than willing to help out and talk you through anything you may need help with. He has his cell# on his business card as well as the office#. I'm not sorry I bought mine at all....WK.. :tipup:
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:19 AM »
Just Older is good enough at this point.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.