New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Looking for minnows  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking for minnows
« on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Does anyone know of any bait shops selling certified emerald shiners this year. Since Big Catch closed I don’t know where to get them.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline eyetalian stallion

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stand back! I am a professional
Re: Looking for minnows
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2019, 04:19 AM »
dip your own ,you live on lake erie...certified bait is a bunch of crap ...pa. ohio ,canada ,all border erie ...no certification needed....only money grabbing new york ...does it

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2019, 04:42 AM »
dip your own ,you live on lake erie...certified bait is a bunch of crap ...pa. ohio ,canada ,all border erie ...no certification needed....only money grabbing new york ...does it

You got that right 👍
I live back in the woods you see

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:41 AM »

Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:41 AM »
i dip my own to fish the Great Lakes but I just need a reciept and I know where all the shops are I just wanted to know who’s got certified emeralds
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline iceman1207

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Weber’s on rt 5, Miller’s on Allegany by Sunset bay, Dave’s on rt 5 in Evans are some of the ones I go to.

Offline Bear Lake Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:09 AM »

DEC has not found VHS in any emeralds for many years now. It is time we as users, and the bait distributors get together on this via contacting our state reps to end this phoney scheme. I doubt that the DEC will do it on their own, they are in the business of increasing their staff to record levels, and don't give a rats ass about us sportsman period. Bait shops can't afford these so called Certified minniows, buying them for out rageous prices, and the many bait shortages which hit our fishermen.

The time is now!

Offline eyetalian stallion

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stand back! I am a professional
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:30 AM »
i agree with you bob,it was a phony money grab from the get go....no massive fish kills,just high priced minnows,were the outcome ...another way they turn us into criminals,just for enjoying the outdoors...we should start a letter writing campaign now....we have nothing to lose...we grow minnows here ,,and we have to import  them...i know, i don't have all the degrees .and the schooling like all the smart ones who control this...but i have control of my money ,,,and i' m not buying minnows when i can get my own....just my opinion...

Offline jmw5964

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2019, 04:28 PM »
 Mitchell's on lake ave in Rochester don't know if they are near you but they do have them

Offline tdannhauser30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:20 PM »
A1 Bait Niagara Falls. Ron is the owner, Wholesales to alllllllll of the bait shops around here, like the whole state. Big catch was his minnows. he leaves emeralds and goldens in the garage sinks for you to help yourself 24 7. certified receipts next to where you slip the money thru, you just write the date. oh and 2 doz emeralds for 3 bucks!!!! Cannot find a better deal than that around here. If you catch him there he can let ya in and give you your choice of usual small or really big emeralds like perfect steelie bait. ALso has really big goldens back there and suckers as well. Moral of story is A1 is place to go.

Offline Bodee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:32 AM »

[/quote
Still Haven't got my bait shop on there from Cuba,NY.]

Offline Doorman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Niagara Outdoors on Witmer Road in NT has them and they are always lively.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.