IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Newer style handle on Milwaukee 2804-20 drill

(1/3) > >>

glenwyo:
I have the Milwaukee 2704 drill I purchased 2 years ago. It has the "older" style handle with a couple of teeth on it that attaches to a small area on top of the drill. It's okay and I haven't had it break yet, though others have had it break. It really isn't a great design for the handle. The newer, 2804 drill shows that the handle grips around the body of the drill, rather with only a few teeth on top, like the 2704 drill. For those who are using the 2804 drill with the handle (not using a Clam plate), does the handle seem relatively strong and secure? Does it seem to add a lot more strength than the handle on the 2704 drill for those who may have used both models?

hardwater diehard:
Cant speak for actual use in augering  as I just got it in the spring but it is defiantly a better design then my 2704 ..more of a grip then a pinch ...is the best way to describe it.

jopes:
Yes I like the newer handle design.   I got one when it came out from Milwaukee.   It does seem to help with torque issues and seems more solid around the drill.

Previously I had the one with the small clamp just on top of the drill.   I still have that one as a back up.

hawg:
Is the new handle available to upgrade my 2704? Price if so?

jopes:

--- Quote from: hawg on Nov 20, 2019, 07:06 PM ---Is the new handle available to upgrade my 2704? Price if so?

--- End quote ---

Don't believe so because the new handle clamps on the drill case differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version