Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 225191 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4530 on: Mar 20, 2024, 09:39 AM »
Well at the airport again. Traveling to help get some data out for the next week, what a pain to book last minute flights at times. This one was the worst this time had to drive 3 hours and hotel room last night after getting off work late. Removed the doors off the sxs since someone is interested in the front doors, hopefully they will take them and then I can get the kit I want ordered, no more bungee cords holding doors shut and operational doors. I am just not as talented as most on the site building handles and such for doors and latches. But the doors worked for what I wanted them to do this last hunting season and winter. Looks like Sunday the Temps change from highs in the upper 50's to low 60's to highs in the upper 30's and lower 40's for next week. Guess March came in like a lion and will go out like one too. Cannot believe a week from Sunday is Easter. I am hopefully getting home next Thursday just before good Friday. Wife has an expo that I was supposed to help out with Saturday but the girls will help her out Friday and Saturday now.
Safe travels to all put on the road this week, and hopefully we get some good weather moving in for good creeks for the trout opener for all who are looking forward to that. Glad I do not have to worry about openers and closers for fishing just what I want to hunt. Well better get settled in with the lap top and see if there is anything pressing to do for work. Have a great day everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4531 on: Mar 20, 2024, 09:14 PM »
 Good evening, 34 currently and windy cooler weather has returned to my area high today was 47 . Brief period of rain more in extended forecast. Talked with my sister the college both my father and she graduated from Wagner in Saten Island, NY. had it's men's basketball team qualify for the tournament. believed they played Howard University tonight long shot Wagner will go far in the tournament but one never knows and that is what keeps us interested and watching sports. The public high school lacrosse season starts soon like many years teams that still play home games on natural grass fields may see games relocated or reschedule due to soft and soggy ground at this time of year.
Eddie may everyone have enjoyed your pancakes today.
hunts2long has/is your wife making anything special at the ceramic classes. You could make smaller size pancakes and use them in place of bread slice/roll in an egg sandwich for breakfast.
Old Goat good to hear your mother is out of hospital best wished for her going forward. Best to the badgers in the NCAA tournament.
Fish/hunt4ever may you get a good night's rest and things go weel for you this week at work.
Wally may it have been smooth travel to your son-D-I-L's home. A great trip wished for them, have fun watching the grandchildren.

I'm sure most of you know there will be a solar eclipse on April 8 TH. for those who live in NY. the state has acquired a supply of special glasses that allow safe viewing of this event a list of places to get the glasses across the state was in  an article on my local newspaper's website today.

https://www.recordonline.com

Have a good night.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4532 on: Mar 21, 2024, 05:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          Holy Jehoshaphat's it's 11* and partly cloudy, we're going the wrong way with the temperatures. ::)
                          Wally............I hope you made it safely to MA. I'm sure the grandkids will like the treats. :thumbsup:
                          H2l...............Good job taking 3 out of 4 points. :flex: Maybe you and your team will rally to overtake the first place team. :flex:
                          Eddie............I hope you enjoy the time with the grandkids. :thumbsup: Pancakes are always a good choice for them. :whistle:
                          OG...............I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing better that she's home. :clap:
                          Fish..............Any plans on getting out on the lake this weekend. :unsure:
                          Bud..............I'm glad to hear that Linda made the trip safely, anytime someone leaves Florida the temperature change is not a welcome event. :blink:
                          Steve............I never remember lacrosse games being postponed when I played at NYMA. Maybe our field had good drainage. :whistle:
                          I had an early dentist appointment Tuesday and an early therapy appointment yesterday, that's why I didn't post for two days.
                          My yard is still covered with snow, we received 2 inches over night Tuesday night, and snow squalls yesterday..
                          Not much going on except the guessers are calling for a winter storm warning tomorrow into Saturday.
                          I hope everyone had a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4533 on: Mar 21, 2024, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

The drive east was good, hardly any traffic to speak of!! Seems strange not having the oldest granddaughter here.
Looks like Mother Nature is practicing for April Fools day a little early.
Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4534 on: Mar 21, 2024, 06:39 AM »
19* and a few clouds. Lots of snow blowing around yesterday but it didn't amount to anything.

OG, glad to hear that your Mother is doing better.

WW, not sure what your travel plans are but they a predicting 5 to 8 inches of snow on Saturday! You know it's Springtime!

IW, we will have to be on our very best to take the needed 4 points. Their top bowler is carrying a 227 average, No. 1 in the league, but they also have the person with the lowest in the league and she can bowl pretty good at times. We have had pretty good luck against them in the past, taking 7 of 8 the last two times we bowled them. I tell them WE bowl up to our competition.

Mr. C, I never know what she is working on until she brings it home, yesterday she brought home a "Nome", it looks pretty good, she called it "another" dust collector! It gives her something to do and gets her out of the house.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4535 on: Mar 21, 2024, 08:53 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Finish touches will happen this morning with the porch roofing, had to get another roll, came out one piece short.  Walmart didn’t have a minnow trap on hand so I fashioned one myself out of 1/4” mesh wire.  So will be giving it a try later today. Weather guesser says rain moving in tomorrow.

Hope all’s well with your bracket if you follow the March Madness

Take care all

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4536 on: Mar 21, 2024, 03:49 PM »
Well still long hours here and trying to figure out what is happening on the instrument and all. Looks like I will have the instrument by myself from this afternoon through next Wednesday, maybe set up a run on Thursday morning and let it run until it shuts off. So no fishing this weekend for me just money making. I see that the bass master classic is happening about 40 minutes over from me this weekend, should go and see if I could BS with Ben milliken as I watch a few of his you tube videos. But most likely just hang out here and work on the instrument and try to figure out what is going on and see if I can get the data to be good enough. Hope everyone is having a great day, getting close to the end of another week.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4537 on: Mar 21, 2024, 08:57 PM »
Good evening, like others in New York seeing cooler temperatures. Thirty-one outside currently with clear sky. Last i checked this weekend's forecast was only calling for heavy rain.  Wagner College men's basketball season ended this afternoon with a 90 to 62 loss to North Carolina which is the no.1 seed in the tournament. Wanger narrowly defeated Howard University on Tuesday 71-68 .  It was wagner's first time making it into the tournament and second time the college is Northeast conference champion.
I believe it was this past summer or fall when I mentioned this former Catskill Borsch Belt resort here in the 9:45 thread. This past Tuesday night there was a fire at the Nevele Grand Hotel/resort. in Ellenville, NY. (Ulster county near boundary with Sullivan county) Several fire departments responded from Ulster and Sullivan counties after getting the call around 9:30 PM they were on site until 11 AM Wednesday morning. the fire is under investigation and not ruled suspicious at this time. Last time this property was in the news the new owner along with a NYC based developer had announce plans to take don existing building and put up a new hotel with related attractions on the property. The newspaper was not able to reach owner or developer at time of story posting on website.

Ice Wanderer may things have gone well with the dentist and at therapy session. May any snow you receive this weekend be on the lower end of expected snow fall total.  Currently the Cornwall high school boy's lacrosse teams play home games at either the district's middle school (former high school0 or one of the Town of New Windsor's parks. The games at field in park are ones either cancelled or rescheduled. the field sees heavy use from town activities and other area sport leagues (youth soccer/lacrosse0 so concern about damage when ground is wet/ muddy and soft. IN May of 2022 district voters approved the building of a multi-sport Turf field at on one the district's school. i have no idea when this project is scheduled to start or be completed,
Wallyworld glad you had a problem free drive to Mass.  If this is your first time watching grandchildren since your oldest granddaughter graduated high school and is now out at Univ. of Michigan it will seem strange her not being there with all of you. may you not have to many activities to take the grandchildren to during your stay.
Hunts2long may you also see the lower end of snow total in your area this weekend. Nice that your wife has found an activity she enjoys of course it presents the problem of what to do with all the items she makes from it. Best to your bowling team with remaining games this season.
IFF may the self-built minnow trap work well for you. best wished with your fishing. Good to hear the porch roof is repaired.
Fish/hunt4ever sorry you will be working this weekend. hopefully you can get the problem solved and not be away during easter .

May everyone have a good Friday. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4538 on: Mar 22, 2024, 04:48 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 8*  and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Wally.............I'm glad you had a problem free drive to Mass. :thumbsup: Enjoy the stay with the remaining grandkids. :clap:
                         Bud...............You did a good job making a minnow trap. :flex:
                         H2l................Eve ryone can have a bad night, maybe the leading bowler will be too cocky and throw a few gutter balls. :whistle: Your wife could
               always give her statues as Christmas gifts. :blink:
                         Fish...............Got ta lover the overtime pay, you can get a new toy. :flex:
                         Steve.............I see more and more fields made from artificial turf, that would solve the soft and muddy fields. :whistle:
                         My neighbor that is Cabo St. Lucas called me yesterday, he got a notification from National Grid that we could get some power outages from the storm.
              He wanted me to check his place after for down trees. So on that note I'm stocking up on gas for my generator.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4539 on: Mar 22, 2024, 05:04 AM »
Morning all,

A cold windy but sunny day here yesterday, should be a little nicer today. Not looking forward to the drive home tomorrow, see upwards of a foot of snow and ice in the forecast. Keeping the fingers crossed the weather man is over estimating the storm totals.
Hockey on tap tonight, that’s it for sports this trip, kind of in between seasons right now.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4540 on: Mar 22, 2024, 06:23 AM »
14* clear, calm and we have some skim ice out front.

WW, last nights weather report showed 3/4 inches down around Amsterdam with temps in low 40's. Safe travels.

Mr. C, back in 1965 when I got out of the Navy I started working for the phone company in Johnstown in their stock room. They "repaired" telephones back then. GTE owned the phone company in Middletown and Port Jarvis and "every" day I would drive down there to delivered supplies and on Thursday their payroll. I believe that was about the end of the "big" resorts in the Catskill's. I got to see some of those big places. As a side note, Sacandaga Park was quite the resort area for people from NYC, both before and after the Lake went in.

IW, I don't think Brian has a "bad" night. He may miss a spare "once" in a while but he throws what I call a "crusher", the pins don't stand a chance. I will do a little "trash" talking before we start.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4541 on: Mar 22, 2024, 09:57 AM »
Well time to start looking for the doors and such for the sxs forgot to mention that the doors sold to a guy, have not heard anything bad so they must have worked great for him. Hope ge enjoys the comfort and all for years to come with the doors on his unit. WW hopefully the trip home tomorrow does not have the foot or more of snow predicted for you at the house. Safe travels. Looks like the weather around has been interesting, got here and they said it had not rained for awhile, well it has rained most days. Need to look at how the bass fisherman did yesterday for the tourney down here, just curious as I seen a few out last night at dinner. IW hope that you do not need the generator and all because the power is out for you with downed lines, glad you have the capability though to keep power to your house. Well I hope everyone is  doing great, better get back to work and figure some things out.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4542 on: Mar 22, 2024, 09:30 PM »
Ice wanderer may you not need to start your generator. Also may no trees or major branches/limbs come down at neighbors or your property. I have been following boy's public high school lacrosse since 2004 in that time have seen the number of artificial turf fields increase after the initial costs to install the turf yearly maintenance is lower than those with having a grass field.
Wallyworld best to your grandchildren and their teammates with the hockey games. may your trip home not be too bad tomorrow. Depending on what you wake up to might be advisable to stay another day. best wished for your son and DIL getting home safely.
Hunts2long that was many hours on the road for you back when you first started at the phone company. I believe you are correct on the start/decline of people going to the Catskill resorts. once airline travel and cruise ships became less expensive many people went other places for vacations. once the number of guests declined it became harder for the bigger resorts to offer the multiple activities they had for the guests. many entertainers got their start at these resorts especially comedians. Jerry Lewis started his career at browns in the Liberty,NY. area .
fish/hunt4ever may you see some sunshine during your stay in Tulsa(?) . I hope you are close to having problems at this facility resolved. best wished for your wife at this weekend's expo.
Eddie hope things are going well for you and having a good visit with granddaughter.

It is 38 outside as i type this post weather forecast has snow rain coming or all rain depending on temperature 1-2 inches total when things end later in day on Saturday. south of me forecast says 2-3 inches of rain.
May all in the path of this storm system get through it with no problems.
    Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4543 on: Mar 23, 2024, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

Hockey game was a 10-1 victory last night!!

Leaving mid morning, should hopefully have us missing most of the bad travel weather 🤞🏻

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4544 on: Mar 23, 2024, 06:18 AM »
23* and it looks like 10+ inches of snow, I haven't been out to move any. Amber doesn't have to be to work until 10am.

WW, good plan on waiting awhile to hit the road!

Mr. C, back in the 50's there was a "summer" stock theater in Sacandaga Park, but I was in my teens and working so didn't get to meet many. I did spend an evening bass fishing in a boat with Groucho Marks.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4545 on: Mar 23, 2024, 07:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  25* here with a wintry mix coming down, high of 33.  Weather guessers were calling for 3-6” overnight but we only have about 2” or so on the ground at the moment. No complaints here…..

H2…wow, saw your area and North receiving the bulk of snow. Please be careful with the snow removal today, don’t overdo it!   :thumbsup:  Fishing with Groucho Marx had to be an amazing experience, that’s awesome!!!! Gotta ask….how was he as a person and did he catch anything??  ;D
  Wally….congratulations to your grandson and the team on their blowout win!!  :clap:  Wishing you and Mr.WW safe travels back home, please be careful with the elements. Hopefully the road crews will have the highways in good shape by the time you leave…slow and steady!  :thumbsup:
   Steve….I watched that Wagner game and they impressed me as a 16 seed, especially after reading up on them getting the chance to play #1 North Carolina.  The final score made it look like a blowout game, but Wagner was actually never out of it up until the last 10 minutes. They played extremely well as a non starting 7 Man Team!!  Makes one wonder how they would have done being healthy…..maybe next year we’ll see?  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2024-03-19/only-7-healthy-players-wagner-set-face-1-seed-north-carolina
  FH4…hope you are making progress today trouble shooting the problems, best of luck getting it under control.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…I’m sure you’re up to your knees or higher with the snow this morning with this Spring storm, yikes!  :cookoo:
Hope your sons can help you out with the snow removal, please be careful with your shoulder….don’t need any setbacks right now with the progress you’ve made!   :thumbsup:  Keeping the fingers crossed you don’t lose power …….will be looking forward to your post. 
  Bud…nice job on the minnow trap, hope it’s doing the job for you!!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope your cabin bound today!   :thumbsup:
  OG…was glad to read your Mom was doing better and released from the hospital, best wishes thoughts and prayers continued for her.   :thumbsup:  Tough loss for the Badgers last evening…..another one of several bracket busters.

Have been catching quite a few of the March Madness basketball games. As usual, some really exciting moments happening for some and heartbreaking endings for others. March Madness never fails to entertain…. :bow:
  Time to go shovel and get the first round out of the way….Cawfee’s still hot!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4546 on: Mar 23, 2024, 10:20 AM »
Good morning. Rained most of yesterday afternoon till early morning before it cleared off. So far no minnows have found the trap, 

First batch of the small gills for last night’s supper,  not fishing today

Linda is off to visiting her youngest son, for the weekend at Nashville while he has to wait to get a load for his truck back to Chicago

Next time out with the boat, will see if I can find some crappies that want a hot oil bath 🤠

Back to my coffee and see what games are on tv today

Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4547 on: Mar 23, 2024, 12:46 PM »
YUMMM.......  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4548 on: Mar 23, 2024, 09:02 PM »
Good evening looks like the rain has ended my guess is somewhere between 1-2 inches of rainfall . the coming week is fore cast to have mixed weather with high temperatures in the low to mid. fifties.
Wallyworld may your plan have work and the trip home not have been a challenging unpleasant drive. congratulations to whichever grandchild's team won the hockey game. I assume more baking for you early in the week and then make a return trip to MA. to celebrate easter with your son and his family.
hunts2long may your snowblower have made for easy clean up of the snow and Amber have gotten to work on time today. Did Groucho Marx's stay in character during the fishing or you get to see him in off stage/screen mode. I assume some of what the public saw is his performances came for his personality and events in his and his brother's life's.
Eddie may there not have been to many rounds of snow blowing/shoveling for you today. thank you for providing the link to story on Wagner's men's basketball team will share it with my sister. She and I knew it was a longshot for the team to go far in the tournament but as she said who ever heard of Gonzaga College before they made the run in NCAA tournament a few years back.
IFF looks like a nice meal. may Linda have a good visit with her son.
OldSailor may things be good with you and the family.
Ice Wanderer ditto Eddie's words on snow cleanup if you helped Son #1 and his crew today hopefully it was not for to many hours. I assume you hope to get out with Jon or by yourself to pursue trout once the season opens for waters not under special regulations.

Hay everyone have a good night. hopefully no one dealing with major problem from the storms in north East.  Have a nice Sunday.
   Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4549 on: Mar 24, 2024, 06:19 AM »
15* and clear.

WW, hope the drive (if you decided to make it) wasn't too bad.

To be honest, I really don't recall much about the fishing trip with Groucho Marx.  I may have been 14/15 years old. I am sure we caught some bass as the guy who took him was a great bass fishermen. I do know that there were no "bugs", he had a cigar going most of the time.

Well, we ended up with about 17 inches of snow, Scout hasn't been very far out into the yard yet, I did shovel her a short path. I spent a lot of time behind the snowblower which worked well. Still have to clean off the wife's car, but have to get some more gas.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4550 on: Mar 24, 2024, 06:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunny and 16*, high of 35 today.  Picked up about another 4” of snow yesterday afternoon/evening which is waiting for me. Will check back in a little later and see how everyone is doing.

Wally…hope you had safe travels home!!  :thumbsup:
  H2..wow, you got hit pretty hard up there! Glad the snowblower worked out well for you, thanks for the info on Groucho..I can picture him puffing away on a stogie!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…fine looking meal, yum!!  :clap:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4551 on: Mar 24, 2024, 07:37 AM »
Morning all,

Made it home ok yesterday, took almost an hour longer than usual. A little white knuckle driving/riding. Lots of ice covered trees, temps held steady for the whole drive at 32-34*. Found about 10" of snow at home. Like everyone, it's time for clean up.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4552 on: Mar 24, 2024, 09:16 PM »
Well another day at the plant and the boss is finally looking at data, but not reading comments on what was going on and why things were not as good as they should be while playing with things and checking to see what could help. Oh well, hope the big boss looks at the data and really reads what is going on and see that we are making progress. Hopefully tonight's run looks as good and even better than last night's. Got most the data ran between the 2 instruments to hopefully get this one certified for all customers but the one that we are shooting for, but the people we bought the sample prep for the instrument made it look really good for the first part and sounds like they cannot reproduce those results and the bosses think we can get there without running this one much and getting everything fixed when needing to he fixed. But hopefully I can get some decent data and move forward to learn a few more things and get better at doing what I do. Hope all are doing well with the snow removal, rained here again today. Thought about going to a weigh in or expo for the bass masters classic but just working to much. Got 134 hours for the last 2 weeks and the first part of that only had 43 hours, this last week has been interesting for sure. The wife said it snowed at home today, but not much she said should be gone soon without any removal needed, supposed to hit 57 by Thursday again. Should be home by 130 Thursday. Have a great start to Monday everyone.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4553 on: Mar 25, 2024, 04:54 AM »

Good Morning ER's,
                             It's 16* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Wally............I'm glad you made home safely, :thumbsup: that white knuckle driving can sure wear a person out. :cookoo:
                             Eddie............I'm surprised you didn't end up with more than you did. :blink: I don't watch basketball, but I did see some clips. WOW! some excitong
                 finishes. :woot:
                             H2l...............I hope the lanes were good for you and your team last night. :flex:
                             Fish..............All some bosses want is the end results and not care about what goes on. :%$#!:
                             Bud..............Nothi ng wrong with a good Crappie dinner. :clap: Safe travel to Linda. :thumbsup:
                             Steve............I didn't help my son this year with snow removal, he made other plans because of my shoulder. :whistle:
                             Fortunately I didn't lose power but the snow removal kept me busey. I talked with my son and he was over in Lake Luzerne plowing and he said there
                  was 28" that he was plowing. I received about 20" here.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

This my truck

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4554 on: Mar 25, 2024, 06:05 AM »
16* and clear. The snow settled quite a bit yesterday.

WW, made a few to the "white knuckle" trips back in the day. Glad you made it back safe.

Well no 1st place for us. We ended up taking 3 of 4 but we needed FOUR. We loss the 1st game by 7 pins, we should have won that one. Even the leagues best bowler had a BAD 1st game, his avg. is 227 and he bowled a season LOW 133, I was 13 pins below mine, ONE spare is all it would have taken. We did get 2nd place.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4555 on: Mar 25, 2024, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

H2L......wow so close  :(  second place is better than the cellar, congrats  :whistle:

IW.....great pic of the truck bed, thanks for sharing  :clap: 

FH4.....that's a lot of hours  :o  more ot $$ = more toys  ;)2

IFF....safe travels to Linda on her return home trip  :)

Eddie.....hope you were able to clean up all the snow w/o any problems  :flex:

OG......glad your Mom's doing better  :thumbsup:

MrC......it was my grandson's team, he's the only one still playing ice hockey  ;)

Nice sunny day ahead, temps finally going to move above freezing again  @)  Eddie please stay out of your garden for awhile so the snow stops for good  :woot:

Grocery shopping on the to do list today  ::)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4556 on: Mar 25, 2024, 07:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and sunshine this am, up to 21* now, high of 45 today.

Wally….glad you had a safe return trip, those white knuckle rides are the worst!  :woot:  I will do my “ bestest “ to stay out of the garden…we don’t need anymore fertilizer!!  ;D
  H2…dang, sorry the stars didn’t line up last evening, so close! Congratulations to you and the team on a great finish.  :clap:
  Jeff…glad you didn’t lose power, thought for sure your area had some problems with downed power lines from that storm.    :thumbsup:  Hope your sons trucks and equipment have held up ok, man, that’s a lot of snow up in the Lake Luzerne area!!  :woot:
  FH4…way to go racking up the OT hours, make sure you treat yourself to something nice next paycheck!!   Good luck with next readings today, hope you got the bugs out of the system.  :clap: :thumbsup:
   Marv…hope all is going well out in Minnysoda!!  :thumbsup:

Like H2 mentioned, the abundant sunshine and slightly above freezing temperatures yesterday helped knock some of the snow down yesterday. The trees are still covered in snow and ice yet and it really does look beautiful with the sunshine beaming down it, but I’m ready to waive it all goodbye again…and stay the heck out of my garden!!  ;D
  My sons took a ride out to the Salmon River yesterday fishing for steelhead. They surprised me with a video message at sunrise. It looked absolutely beautiful, but I think the temperature was only about 12 or 13*. They had some action but just couldn’t seem to seal the deal unfortunately.
  Some really good games yesterday, now on to the Sweet 16 later this week.  :thumbsup:   Was fortunate not to lose power here either. I believe my county had 43, 000 out of power…we got lucky! Cawfee’s still hot iand strong….a nice spice cake under the dome today!   ;D

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4557 on: Mar 25, 2024, 08:49 AM »

Good Morning ER's we had a tease here the other day as ice was starting to form. I picked up 4 wonderbread CJS jigs. I'll have to give them a whirl next winter. Eddie how is your bracket holding up? My Badgers ran into a buzz saw and worse yet the ladies Hockey team lost in tha National Hockey Final 1 to 0      Time     to get the annual fishing license

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4558 on: Mar 25, 2024, 09:54 AM »
IW
Time to buy a bed cover.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4559 on: Mar 25, 2024, 09:58 AM »
Good morning. Jeff it just doesn’t want to give up from the looks of your truck bed

Didn’t take me long to decide on staying in today, and not take the boat out, wind is kicking more than I like

Good day to all
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.