Author Topic: Review of Wonder Strike Bass pro Rod and Reel Combo  (Read 2317 times)

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Review of Wonder Strike Bass pro Rod and Reel Combo
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:11 AM »
HI Last year when I got into Ice fishing, Bass Pro had a number of sales on these combos for 30 dollars, they currently retail 40 Canadian.  I bought two and since then I have bought another three.

The medium (red) and the heavy (grey) where the only two on sale so I picked up 2 of the medium.  THey are great.  The strike indicator was great for me as I had no idea what I was doing those first few times.  But once I heard the click of the indicator on the rod I set and reeled.  The medium is very heavy and I have recently bought a light and extra light for pan fish.

The bait casting reel is unique to the sport.  I find it is ok and takes some getting used to.  For a newbie back lashes gave me a few problems but the reel was simple to take apart and clean and get back into business.  This year's model is a little different than last year and is more user friendly.

Overall I like the rods great, the reels need a bit of work, but as a combo lots of fun.

any comments other opinions?

Offline MochaMay

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Review of Wonder Strike Bass pro Rod and Reel Combo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Does anyone know where to find these for sale?

My buddy has one in his permanent house and its the cats meow on certain nights. Would love to pick up a couple but cant find them anywhere and even their web site is down. Help!

THX

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.