Author Topic: New Jiffys  (Read 951 times)

Offline back2backcrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
New Jiffys
« on: Oct 12, 2009, 08:17 AM »
Hi
New here
I was looking at the new Jiffy augers but can't seem to find who is making their motors now.
All I can find is 3500 and 2500 series engine.
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: New Jiffys
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2009, 08:23 AM »
I thought that Jiffy's where Tecumseh? this may have changed Im not sure

here is a link to Reeds sports they sell the new ones and may be able to answer your question

http://www.reedssports.com/Category/main.taf?cat=406&pc=372

Offline back2backcrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2009, 08:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Tecumseh is no longer. Both Strikemaster and Jiffy have new motors now. Apparently Strikemaster is using Solo, not familiar with these. All I can find about Jiffy is the size. Reeds is showing on their SD60i model having Engine-Jiffy 2500 Series.
I have a feeling these are probably made in China.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2009, 08:41 AM »
hmmm..thats to bad, Tecumseh made a good motor, my jiffy has been running smooth since day one. If they start buying budget motors from china, this may be the last Jiffy I own

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2009, 10:49 AM »
I think we need to give the folks at Jiffy a bit of credit here. They aren't stupid and they knew for four years that Tecumseh was an the way out. They took their time finding a good engine for their augers and from what I have read from a few people that have seen and run them in stores, they seem to be a good engine. From what I havfe read, they start very well and have more torque than the Tecumseh. I don't know where the engines are made, but I am probably using a keyboard that is made in china. I don't have a problem with an engine made in China according to US specs and with quality control in place. The problem that I do have is that I would prefer the engine to be made in the US or Canada. To me, quality control would be the main issue and I will wait to see what shakes out this winter. I believe the new Jiffys will run about $499.99 nation wide.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.