Author Topic: MapSource Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots for Garmin.  (Read 810 times)

Offline Grush

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with this software?  I purchased it without really investigating too much.  When I open the software it shows me a map of the are but no hot spots or waypoints at all.  Do those only load up when I transfer to the GPS unit?  I guess I assumed that they would be shown on the regular computer map as well.

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks,

Grush.

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
Waypoints are spots you choose either out in the field with your GPS unit that gets uploaded to the map on your computer later or you can maneuver to a point of interest such as a depth of lake, a shoal, mouth of a brook etc with your GPS' cursor, mark it as a waypoint and upload it to the computer.

Either way, you need the handheld to do anything with it.

I'm taking my PN-20 onto a lake for it's first time this morning. If we have a hot trap I'll mark it's coords as a hotspot.
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline Grush

• Team IceShanty Regular
That explains a bit but the software was supposed to have the hot spots already marked.  That's what I thought I was buying.  That way I could just throw it on the GPS and get on the lake where they are saying the hot spot is.  Unless I didn't understand that correctly.

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
from garmin:

Version 4.00 features include:

Trip and waypoint management functions**
Lake profile including size depth and source
Standing timber
Creek channels
Boating lanes
Bottom consistency (including weed growth)
Submerged roadbeds, fence rows and other structure
Rock piles
Access roads
Hazards
Suggested fishing areas and seasonal catching strategies
Lure selection tips
Not all features listed above are available for all lakes in Fishing Hot Spots.

MapSource Fishing Hot Spots provides coverage for selected lakes throughout the United States and Canada. Selected lakes are contained in predetermined geographical regions which must be unlocked prior to use. With the purchase of MapSource Fishing Hot Spots, customers will have access to one region of their choice at no additional charge. Unlocking a region can be done through Garmin via our unlock webpages or by phone. Additional regions may be purchased through the same methods. Click on a region of the map on the left to view a complete list of the lakes and use the Map Viewer on this page to see the actual lake maps.

hope this helps
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline lightningz

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been using this software for about 4 years now and love it. To get the hot spots on your unit you have to right click the icon on the map. Then go down and click on properties and the hot spot explanation comes up. I have been using this software with my e-trex legend for ice fishing and my 178 combo unit in my boat. Message me if you need a better explanation of this software.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.