Author Topic: Bro 28" Deadstick and 27" Quicktip questions?  (Read 985 times)

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bro 28" Deadstick and 27" Quicktip questions?
« on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:48 PM »
For those of you who use these what size baits are you running on them, and what species would you say they can handle?  The info from Frabill is pretty nondescript.  I've got a couple medium setups that have worked fine thus far, but I've been looking for something in a ML for spoons and smaller size raps for Walleye and Perch.   I've found these at a good price, and the quality of the reels makes them hard to pass on.  My main concern is with the soft tips can you still feel a strike?  I like the orange tip on the deadstick, but when it's dark in the shack some feel is nice.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline johnnieb71

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bro 28" Deadstick and 27" Quicktip questions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2013, 05:52 AM »
I use my 27" quick tips for perch and crappies. Usually I fish with a 35mm Hali Sukkala which seems heavy but I don't know the exact weight. During a fairly aggressive jigging session, the tip can get a bit bouncy but not to bad. The really nice feature of the QT is seeing the up bite when fishing a 5mm Fiskas. It also has plenty of backbone as I have landed a few good sized pickerel and a few smaller pike as well. These rods were purchased to replace my Meatsticks due to durability issues.

Offline TChix

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bro 28" Deadstick and 27" Quicktip questions?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:55 PM »
I use my QT for shallow water jigging, 3-5 feet, and love it. I had originally put a spring on it for super sensitivity but recently took it off. I haven't used it since because I haven't fished shallow lately. I generally am using 3-4mm tungsten jigs with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.