Author Topic: Jaw Jacker?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jaw Jacker?
« on: Mar 11, 2013, 03:21 PM »
hello all i have done some research on these and they look like a pretty cool concept. i have read on here mostly good things about them. I heard they have snaped some rods but that could have been operator error setting the tension to high or rods that are duds from the factory. Might order a few for next season, Has anyone have used these and have they worked well for you and are you catching fish and your rods staying in one piece. haha thanks all hope you had a fun season.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re: Jaw Jacker?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2013, 09:25 PM »
We now have 5 of them.  Used nothing but graphite rods.  No problems for us.  I use the medium, or middle setting for rod angle.  My 9 year old can set his and play in the snow and the JawJacker sets the hook for him.
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 04:49 AM »
The reports are over 90% positive on the forums I read. If there is a problem contact Jaw Jacker and it's handled on a case by case basis. They seem to stand behind their stuff if it is defective. They are also a sponsor of this site. I would use them if they were legal here.

WS

Offline BAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2013, 07:22 AM »
I have used them extensively this winter and am extremely happy with them.  I cannot see anyway they could break a rod besides the person setting it not understanding the rods are meant to bend from the tip not the middle.  I have caught some decent size steelhead (over 10lbs) that double the rod and scream the drag on the reel and sorta worried the would pull the rod out of the holder or take the entire system down but I have seen no evidence of anything but positive hookups with the rig staying put.  Just make sure you put the little spikes on the front down firmly so they grab the ice.

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Cool thanks all deffiently picking up a few next season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.