Author Topic: Cabelas glass rod/inline combo  (Read 900 times)

Offline quivira kid

• IceShanty Rookie
Cabelas glass rod/inline combo
« on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:40 PM »
Has anyone given one of these rods a look over yet? Out of sheer curiosity, I ordered the 32"UL rod only last night, thinking it might be a fun rod for hole hopping for gills and crappie. Likes/dislikes? I picked up a Frabill in-line combo last year to try out, even though the rod was terrible at best.... figured I could get a taste for if I liked the fly reel or not. The plan will be to try the Frabill reel on this Cabelas rod.

Offline wyatt_8

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cabelas glass rod/inline combo
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I looked at one a couple weeks back in the Hammond store.  It was the 28 inch model and had a pretty good action.  It's a fiberglass blank so it has pretty good sensitivity and you should be fine without any kind of spring bobber.  Reminded me a lot of the HT blue ice rods.  The reel is all plastic but seemed good enough.  I haven't found an in-line real I was impressed with yet though so I don't have much to compare it to.  For the price, I think it's a pretty good setup.  I think the 32" ought to be a nice little combo.   @)

Offline quivira kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Got the rod today after work. First impressions, I am very impressed! The rod is very well made, cork seems high quality, and the guides are placed correctly and are aligned correctly. That's more than I can say about several other rods I own and have seen. Action looks like it should work great for what I had in mind.... highly recommend this rod for the $13 I paid for it based solely on first impressions.

Offline bassandbucks1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:32 AM »
I purchased one of these combos this year and really like the rod. I have only gotten to use it twice though. I just commeted on the reel on another post. The rod does remind me of the ice blue rods, but the guides are bigger. For the price they seem well made.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.