The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: noxon  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Kerryl

• IceShanty Rookie
noxon
« on: Feb 08, 2019, 05:02 PM »
Any word on ice and road conditions on Noxon. Finley or MartinCreek?

Offline pikepoisen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: noxon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Any word on ice and road conditions on Noxon. Finley or MartinCreek?

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Unless Cornbread is active (God bless him) we don't see a lot of reports from the Sanders County area.  Give the folks at Lakeside Lodging a call.  They're right on the reservoir and should have a good idea.  (406) 827-4458

A week ago it didn't look good, but with these temps it's anyone's guess.  Hit them up and let us know!

Offline KatJohn7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2019, 11:32 PM »
Tried  finely today. Ice isn't good. I fell in  twice. First time in 4ft and second time in 10ft. Needless to say I didn't fish

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2019, 11:39 PM »
Uff da...glad you're alright Kat!  Mind sharing how you made it out of the 10ft fall?  Ice picks? Horizontal body + swim kicks?

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Tried  finely today. Ice isn't good. I fell in  twice. First time in 4ft and second time in 10ft. Needless to say I didn't fish
Glad you made it. That’s about as scary as it gets!

Offline KatJohn7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:08 AM »
My buddy had a  rope and i had ahold  of it. Made my but pucker. After we got to the truck another gentleman came and said 2 guy's  went in Wednesday. They had no saftey gear and lost everything 50 ft out from shore. I had a spud bar checking the ice. New it was sketchy were you get on. That was the  4ft. Got back up the ice with out a problem and was checking the ice. I hit with  the  spud and that was it. Heard guys out on Martin  but  i don't know how the ice is

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2019, 01:01 AM »
Fall in then keep goin farther out then fall in again ha

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2019, 09:15 AM »
I haven't fished it this year. Friends of mine who live on Noxon have been telling me it still isn't safe so I haven't gone up yet.

Offline knab406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:39 PM »
I was just out for a couple days over by the Vermillion bridge kind of by Honey Flat and found some perch in about 40 feet of water. Had a group of 4 of us, everyone caught about 20 each day. Pretty slow bite but you catch them throughout the day if you stick it out, everything was in the 8”-12” range. Ice was decent with about 3 inches of solid clear ice with about 4 inches of cloudy soft ice. Hope this helps anyone getting cabin fever.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:28 PM »
I haven't heard anything lately from my friends who live up on Noxon but I have to imagine that things are close if not already fish-able on places other than Vermillion. I would really like to get some perch fishing done on it this winter if possible.

Offline KatJohn7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:24 PM »
I heard Martin creek is fish able and i did elk creek  yesterday. 8 inches of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.