Author Topic: What a weekend  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What a weekend
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:53 PM »

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Lmao!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Just gotta wear the beetle skin inside out so then it’s ribbed for your pleasure

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:56 PM »
Used that too, Denny.
You like it better than bag balm?

Yes and I think the milk cows do too.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Perfect

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:59 PM »
“Monsieur Harold”  Ya I got yer “Fifis” right here  ;D if you’ve never had painful split finger tips you wouldn’t understand... @)
You wanna go Francophile, as opposed to ...well... a different kind of ‘phile’

It’s  “MONSIEUR L’Harry”

Because I am THE monsieur. And I like the the way the silent h follows it in liaison.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:01 PM »
You wanna go Francophile, as opposed to ...well... a different kind of ‘phile’

It’s  “MONSIEUR L’Harry”

Because I am THE monsieur. And I like the the way the silent h follows it in liaison.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Just gotta wear the beetle skin inside out so then it’s ribbed for your pleasure
Wow....lmao :roflmao:
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:02 PM »
 ;)

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:17 PM »
All you guys that endured are Vikings!!!
Me and my buddy fished from 11 - to dark on Friday with no shelter and no cove to seek cover!
We got back to the house we rented for 3 days beat to a pulp!!!!
Watched the weather report for Saturday and said, F—k this!!!
Ate Saturday’s lunch for supper Friday night,couple vodkas, and bed.
Got up in the morning, packed the truck and went home!😩. 22 hour stay!!
This was our 39th year participating in the derby, 10 years ago, we would have stayed!
Time and age is catching up, but we’ll be back next year to try it again!
Congratulations guys, besides the years with 8-10” of slush, this had to be one of the toughest!
KK

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:20 PM »
Yes and I think the milk cows do too.

I bet her fingers aren't chapped?

Any bets on how much longer this thread will last?  ;)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:23 PM »
Lmao

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Roccus, I just finished working on my Argo in the cold garage installing Quad Boss sealant in the 6 tires...my thumbs are split and a couple of fingers are threatening to...
I also got a FedEx delivery...

That's awesome, you'll like it, Wane just ordered one after seeing  (and using) mine this weekend,  O'Keeffe working hand works good,I have to bandage mine,  I'm a mechanic  I'm in oil and chemicals all day, my hands are all healed, ready for the weekend.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Back when worked on trucks,  I used the gloves with corn huskers lotion that's the only thing that got me through the winter, working on lathes and CNC machines saved my hands and  body.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Back when worked on trucks,  I used the gloves with corn huskers lotion that's the only thing that got me through the winter, working on lathes and CNC machines saved my hands and  body.

I actually tried some gloves with some of my wife’s lotion last night. Definitely helps but after a few hours of clearing snow this morning my fingers will be split again...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:10 AM »
That's awesome, you'll like it, Wane just ordered one after seeing  (and using) mine this weekend,  O'Keeffe working hand works good,I have to bandage mine,  I'm a mechanic  I'm in oil and chemicals all day, my hands are all healed, ready for the weekend.

I know I will like it! What a great tool! Thanks again!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:37 AM »
I actually tried some gloves with some of my wife’s lotion last night. Definitely helps but after a few hours of clearing snow this morning my fingers will be split again...
had to go to work at 4 to clear the yard, and walks  easy today. Only a few inches and some slush, pulled the lever on the floor if the truck and drove out of my drive, it stays where it lays.fingers still good.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:40 AM »
You are not alone... I feel better this afternoon,  now I've got a head cold,  first one in a few years..you forgot the split fingers, I'm sure you got them too, everyone at work keeps asking me why my finger tips are all bandaged up...I just tell them they won't understand.
When I got home I backed the wheeler in the yard and threw a tarp on it, put the bait in my tank down in the shop,scarfed down a small cheese pizza and went to bed,  work was brutal yesterday, I had to clean fish,last night, it's about all I could handle  tonight, maybe I'll unpack, old spirits returning, I'm already planning this weekends adventure.

You are a macine Joe. I am still in NH. Finally have some internet connection. It was supposed to stop snowing at 7am but its coming down hard here in wolfboro. Truck is.packed and I am about to head out for my last fishing trip before heading back home in the morning. I have fished every single day since friday, sunrise to sunset give or take an hour and it is now Wednesday. This was by far the longest stretch of ice fishing i have ever done. 6 days in a row and just about everything hurts. Fingers like you said, shoulders from chiseling cusk traps, feet from ice cleats, lips all cracked, and a tan that i cannot pull off in July. Funny part is i would do it all again in a heart beat. Not looking forward to leaving Nh.
Just add water.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:23 AM »
You are a macine Joe. I am still in NH. Finally have some internet connection. It was supposed to stop snowing at 7am but its coming down hard here in wolfboro. Truck is.packed and I am about to head out for my last fishing trip before heading back home in the morning. I have fished every single day since friday, sunrise to sunset give or take an hour and it is now Wednesday. This was by far the longest stretch of ice fishing i have ever done. 6 days in a row and just about everything hurts. Fingers like you said, shoulders from chiseling cusk traps, feet from ice cleats, lips all cracked, and a tan that i cannot pull off in July. Funny part is i would do it all again in a heart beat. Not looking forward to leaving Nh.

Iron man award right there. Hope your dedication paid off with fish!
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:44 AM »
I'm a machine all right, a 1955 John Deere., old, rusty but still chugging along.. glad it worked out for ya, that wind did a number, I know we could have "whacked em and stacked em." If plan A was fishable

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:26 PM »
You sure are Joe. I found the fish and figured out their pattern 2 days in a row. Now time to try this back home as well. This was from today. Some real brutes and man do the fillets look great.

Just add water.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:27 AM »
Nice work!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.