Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607800 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12450 on: May 13, 2018, 04:47 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 38* and clear on my hill a nice day is in store up this way today. :thumbsup:
                         A very Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers that happen to visit this wonderful sight. :bow:
                         Eddie.......No frost around here and it did feel like a November day yesterday, we never got any rain! ::)
                         Wally........Happy mothers day to you and enjoy your families visit! :flex:
                         Marv........Did you have Gremlins again, I hope you can resolve the issue! :%$#!:
                         Bud.........At least you were busy! :thumbsup:
                         H2L.........How did the Banquet go last night? ???
                         I-45.........How does the job search go. Here we have a web cite called "Capital District Help Wanted .com is there something like that out there? ???
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or enjoying the day!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12451 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I had a couple of hiccups with the computer the last two times but I will try again :%$#!:
We are in the mid 40's this morning but we will be in the 80's by Monday.

WW Happy Mothers day to you Ma'am, also Happy Mothers day to any and all of the Moms that check out the 9:45 :clap:

mr.clean the answer to my wife reading  the 9:45 is nope ;D Thanks for the comment on the mulch job. I will have to take a picture of what the girls did yesterday.

Eddie enjoy your time with your family and Mom today Sir! :thumbsup: I am thinking the trees are an easier gig than rock work. Based on soreness, I think I was stiffer with the rock than the wood :unsure:

The rock job stalled out on Friday as I swapped my shovel for a chainsaw. The s-i-l had a couple of oak trees that were dead so we took those down chipped the brush and 16".  She also had a bunch of volunteer trees growing on her south line fence that we wiped out. By the time we finished it was mid afternoon and time for the day to end.

Yesterday we spent most of the day doing work around home and getting ready for lawn mowing today. It looks like I will have to wait until noon before the grass dries.

I am off to Menards.

May everyone have an excellent Sunday. My Mom is long gone but today is always a tough one.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12452 on: May 13, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there. Looks like its going to be a beautiful day today. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12453 on: May 13, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers nice to be back posting to this thread. My jury duty was interesting hopefully never selected for a jury again given the start times for the two days court was in session very little testimony given before parties reached a settlement. My fellow jurors and I assume the judge in case may have also been involved in another trail the was going on in the morning hours. So we had 11 AM start time on Thursday with a lunch break from 12:30 PM to 2 PM  and then dismissed for the day around 2:30 after only hearing testimony from the home owner. Start time on Friday was close to 2 PM and only a witness for homeowner testified be judge called a recess thought for sure trail would stretch into next week . Summoned back to court room after 2:30 and told settlement had been reached all of us jurors were happy.
 Cloudy  skies here today after lunch heading to house and hopefully finish mowing the lawn .
Eddie nice that you your siblings and respective families live close enough to visit your mother on a frequent basis. Eddie I suggest you investigate if Counts Kustoms has tours and not just show up at the business.
Ice Wanderer hope your included in any special celebrations your sons may have for their spouses today. A safe journey home from Vermont for your wife.
Whopper Stopper may the computer issues be resolved . Looking forward to photo of work girls did to area where new mulch was applied . Can you please explain what a volunteer tree is I'm thinking your SIL may have received small started trees for working some event. Also assuming SIl does not have a fireplace,wood burning stove or boiler if you chipped the oak trees.
Icefisher-45 Happy mothers day to your wife, hope you have some leads on a new job.
Wallyworld may your absence from posting mean Mr.WW your son and the grandchildren treated your DIL and you to a special breakfast before son and his family headed back for Boston area.
Hunts2long how was the bowling league banquet. A Happy Mothers Day to your wife.

A safe and good day to all enjoy any time spent with family and friends. Bes to all who spend some time fishing.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12454 on: May 13, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Evening all,

Thanks so much for all the Mother's Day wishes, much appreciated  ;D

Glad to see everyone is doing ok even thru soreness, screwy schedules and all of life's other detours  ;)2 :flex: :thumbsup: :woot:  The weekend was very busy. The reason for the visit was my son's father's (my exhusband) funeral yesterday  :'(  A rather trying day for all  :(

Tomorrow we are heading north for the week looking for some trophy eyes  :flex:  ;)2  I will be bringing the tablet so should be able to post pretty much every day.

Have a good evening and a great week ahead. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12455 on: May 13, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Good evening Everyone :bow:

I am all set to get back to my rock job before first light tomorrow. I wanted to share my progress to date with the first lag of rocks being complete.

this is 24' long by 3' wide and 4" deep. The hard part is getting the rock and dirt separated but with a sifter like Eddie showed me, things moved along fairly fast. The washing of the rocks worked slick using my spear house shovel It has a bunch of holes drilled in it so I can scoop the rock, hit them with the hose, and throw them into the bed on top of the plastic.

Tomorrow I will turn the corner and have about 12' to go to finish the front of the house. After that things will get a little uglier but I will worry about that later.

mr.clean volunteer trees is just an expression. Basically they are weed trees that got their start from the wind blowing the seed in, birds or squirrels planting them, or just off shoots or sucker growth from existing stumps. They are junk plain and simple and if left to grow they will haunt you a few years down the road. The s-i-l had just ignored the line of trash and when we finally cut them some were 8"-10" on the stump. She wants to plant a row of burning bushes to act as a screen between her and the neighbor.

The girls put gnomes, pigs and birds in the mulched area. I took a couple of pictures but the dang phone leaves a lot to be desired.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: As always stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12456 on: May 13, 2018, 05:15 PM »
WS......looking good sir  ;) :thumbsup: :flex:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12457 on: May 13, 2018, 07:03 PM »
Good evening ,light rain most of day never had chance to finish mowing lawn. This weekend is start of Men's Div.1 college lacrosse playoffs so I've been spending day watching different games.
Wallyworld condolences to you and your son on the passing of your ex-husband and his father. May you have a safe trip north hope you find the trophy walleyes.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the explanation on the trees. Finished rock work looks great also good work by the girls .

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12458 on: May 14, 2018, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

Pat...My Condolences to both you and your son on your loss, so sorry to read that. Safe travels today to you and Mr.WW, best of luck with the fishing trip!   :thumbsup:

48* and calm this am, high of 70 here today.

Marv...nice looking job with the stones, what a great idea using the ice shovel!  Good luck with today's section, and a very nice touch to the mulched area by the ladies, looks terrific!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Running a tad behind this am, someone put another log on the fire last evening....and another brew in front of me, lol. Will catch up to you all at break....cawfee's on!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12459 on: May 14, 2018, 03:42 AM »
good morning ER's Got awakened by throbbing right hand, so up and put an ice pack on for the last 45 minutes,hope the gremlin doesn't sneak in while I'm hunting and pecking with my left hand   :nono:  Think next time I need to chill a hand, I will make some ice water to get it in. 

Was about to bring in the bird seed tray and as the day light had not completely faded see rat dart out to the plate.  I reached for Mr. Winchester, before I could open the door slightly, it made a couple trips out and, then one too many. the cross hair found its target.  I didn't know they could jump that high  :) it made a couple more jumps and was dead when it landed half way back towards me.  Then between trying to type this heard Mrs. loosing her supper on the way to the bath room.  Got that cleaned up, now I need a coffee.

Stone work looks great Marv.  You better be careful, or your going to find others will want you to go into landscaping and do theirs.  ::)

WW, Good luck on your Walleye quest, hope you have a week of just right weather.

See Eddie went whizzing threw.

Okay back to my pillow,

Good Day all.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12460 on: May 14, 2018, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Bud, ER's,
                             It's 50* and mostly clear here on my hill, with a mostly sunny day ahead with a high of 73*. :woot:
                             Bud.........I'm sorry to hear that you have that throbbing problem. When mine got to that stage that's when they suggested surgery! ::)
                             Eddie.......Sometimes it's hard to say no when having a good time, I hope you're not to sluggish at work today. :whistle:
                             Wally........As Eddie said, my condolences to you and your son, even though he was your ex, it makes an impact on someone. Safe
                    travels up north and good luck with the fish. :flex:
                            Marv.........Everythin g looks great, if the stone with the dirt gone still lost some of it's color there is a product called "Wet & Forget" you
                    can get it at most hardware stores. Just spry it on and leave it alone. :flex:
                            Steve.......It seems that you and the court systems time was wasted, if the case went that fast they should have been ready to settle
                    before it got to court. Jury duty is a selection from drivers license and  voting registrations, if your name is exactly the same on both then no
                    worries on getting a recall, but if they are different in any way, you could get called again. ::)
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the water!

IW   

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12461 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Good morning everyone, my condolences wally world. Great job on the walkway whopper stopper. On my way to the doctors for a follow up appointment. Job search not going well. Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12462 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning.
WW, sorry for the loss. Good luck this week, will be looking for your reports. Be Safe.
WS, the stones look good. That is a lot of work.
The dinner went well, even had a beer.
Wife wanted Chinese for Mother's Day so daughters took care of that, then last night I got her a Hot Fudge. She was happy.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12463 on: May 14, 2018, 07:08 AM »
I got home yesterday around noon, totally worn out. SCORE Turkeys to many to remember/ My hunting buddy, my son and I a big fat 00000. It is a weird season. We do not have that many turkeys right now so it is hard to find some property we can hunt. We had hunted one end of an 80 first thing in the morning and they went the other way. When we went to the other end later they were on a ridge on that end where they like to strut. My son watched the 4 toms strut down the ridge following a couple of hens. I am going to sneak in there in the dark and set up when I go over there next Thursday. these birds have been hammered from the road so they are going to be hard to get in range.

IFF If I remember right you are suffering from carpel tunnel. I think a friend had his fixed with ortosopic surgery with little cutting so the heal time was short. There must be a surgeon near you that does it that way so it might be worth looking in to.

WS It might be worth paying Eddie to come out and pour some stamped concrete and dying it to look like slate and do away with the stone so you do not have to go through this again in a few years. After watching a friend picking leaves out of his landscaping I knew right then I would not do it.

When I got home my wife's son was here. Shortly after her daughter showed up with a beautiful rose bush. As the duahghter was leaving, the wife turned on the oven. I told her to shut if off as I was taking her out for pizza. I took her to a new pizza place that has great pizza, thinner crust and not a big heavy carb filled edge.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12464 on: May 14, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Morning all,

Thank you all for your kind words. It always helps knowing others are sending their thoughts your way.

Eddie.....hope the fresh air clears the fog this morning  :woot:  bet your Mom was happy to see everyone yesterday  :thumbsup:

TT......better luck next trip sir  ;)

IFF....sounds like you will soon need to consider a more aggressive option for the hand  :(

WS....guess you picked the right job path with logging  ;)  shoveling rocks is best left to the prison work crew  :roflmao: :whistle:

MrC.....the whole trial by jury thing is a joke for the most part, too much plea bargaining & politics involved  :wacko:  not to mention the old adage of "money talks, bs walks"  :wacko:  hope you can get your sleep pattern re-established quickly

IF45....don't give up on the job search, something will turn up  ;)  the main thing is you are feeling better  :)

H2L.....glad you had a nice time at the bowling banquet  :clap:  now it's time to fish  ;D

IW....hope the shoulder exercises are getting easier & the pain is getting less each time :) 

Heading out soon. Will keep you all updated !!

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12465 on: May 14, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Good Morning again,

Fisher-45 hang in there, something should show up.

Tom, I am beginning to wonder if maybe a fractured bone in my hand,  ??? and that it goes all the way back to the elbow.  I know the old bones are not as strong as they would have been 50 years ago. Heck of a deal when I can hardly twist the child proof cap off Mrs. meds.

Another thing I just noticed is my right arm is bigger than the left, must be from all the rod jigging I have been doing  :unsure: :flex: :whistle: :whistle: :roflmao: Would elbow bending cause that too  :o maybe I better start practicing using left more or will have to buy two sizes of gloves for Ice fishing ::) ::) :roflmao:

I better check on what or how much ole medicare would cover, sure beginning to like the idea of Medical coverage on the job.

Like Marv now have to wait for the grass to dry some, as a thunder storm last night watered it for me, but now needs to get hit with the mower.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12466 on: May 14, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Greetings fellow 9;45ers , nice sunny day head back to work tonight see what did not get done last week.
Eddie have a safe and good day at work hope that one last beer does not leave you feeling to sluggish all day.
IFF sorry to read the rats are back eating from your bird feed. You might have to lay off the fishing and exercise routine if you resumed it for a few days and see if that helps your hand. Hope your wife is feeling better and loss of supper is not start of anything serious.
Ice Wanderer supposedly I will not get another summons to jury duty for six years at local level and four years on federal level. I have already received summons to federal court within a year of serving on local level. Thankfully I was able to provide proof of my service on county level and avoided the summons to federal court.
Icefisher-45 may you get a good report from your doctor. Hope things improve with the job search.
Hunts2long glad you enjoyed yourself at bowling league banquet and your wife is able to enjoy more food types as her health gets better.
Mr. Turkey better luck on Thursday's hunt. Nice work taking the wife out for dinner even if it was just pizza. Have fun planting rose bush may it grow and bloom for many years.
Wallyworld a lot of things about the trail that have me shaking my head appears homeowner considered contractor a friend because of previous work and did not ask enough questions as the job dragged out over time. No matter how much of a friend you consider someone still have to separate friendship from business relationship.

A good and safe Monday to everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12467 on: May 14, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone :bow:

As luck would have it just as my day was ending a nice gentle rain moved in :thumbsup: Things are so dry I certainly hope it continues for a while.

TT I hope Thursday is your day :thumbsup: I have never hunted turkeys, but I have seen them at the shack off and on. I would like to give it a try next spring.

Good luck on the eye hunt WW :thumbsup: I hope you end up with some good ones!

Bud I hope you figure out what is causing the pain in your hand and put an end to it. Hard to say what could all cause you to have one arm bigger than the other :woot: Probably best go with the rod jigging theory ;D

Thanks for all the compliments on my yard work, along with the few tips that were thrown in, much appreciated.

This stone work is a bear. When I first did it I spent about 3 weeks working on it after work. Everything held up for about 15 years before the grass started coming up. I was going to put plastic down on the piece I did today but I am wondering if that is a good idea or not due to it being next to the foundation. I may just go with fabric although many use nothing. If I can get another 15 out of it I am thinking someone else will have the problem.

The mulch in the ditch lasts for 2 years and then I add a thin coat. If they ever redo the road out front I am guessing it will be all wiped out.

Today's digging ended with my getting all the old rocks out and waiting on the wife to pick a couple sun hearty bushes.

I hope you all have an excellent evening. :thumbsup: As always stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12468 on: May 14, 2018, 08:59 PM »
The guessers sure missed it for tonight!!!!!!!!!! All of the storms were guessed to be in the far southern part of the state. We have been listening to thunder for the last hour and it does not look like it is going to end soon by the looks of the radar. Just a narrow band but it keeps building up as it comes on shore. We have not gotten much rain just a lot of noise.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12469 on: May 15, 2018, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  55* and calm this am, high of 76 today with rain expected by late morning. The coyotes are talking this morning, bothering some of the local dogs making them bark....including mine!   ;D

Marv...thanks for the pictures and the update, you're moving right along, looking better and better!! Hope you can treat yourself to a fishing trip soon, you deserve it!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...hope your night went well and you didn't find the store in chaos since you've been gone!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...might be time to get that hand taken care of, denfinetly start jigging with the left arm to even thigs up.  ;D. Nice shot on the vermin!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you are on the fish, looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...welcome back! Some smart birds your hunting, hope Thursdays new set up finds them coming your way!   :thumbsup:
  H2...taking the boat out today? Best of luck out there if heading out!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope your Dr. visit went well yesterday, best of luck with the job search, something will pop up soon.... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...was a little in the fog starting off the day yesterday, lol, but better by coffee break. Sometimes I forget I'm not that 20 something year old I once was staying up late. How's MW doing with his business, bet he's busy as heck right now. Hope your arm is coming along better Sir!   :thumbsup:

Not too much to report on the job, things are moving along really well. Yesterday a large group was protesting outside the Capitol, Black Lives Matter. The talk seemed to shift after that....most wondering " don't all lives matter?"
  I'll leave it there...cawfee's on!   ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12470 on: May 15, 2018, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It;s 56* and clear at this time but as Eddie said some rain might hit later this am, the weather cat is out on patrol. ::)
                        Marv........See as I said 8 years ago when I retired, "I don't know how I had time to work with all that I have to do." You are finding
                the same thing out. The stone looks great hope you get another 15 out of all the work! :flex:
                        Tom.......I'm sorry to hear that the Turkey hunt was a bust. :%$#!:
                        Steve.....I hope you don't have to work overtime to clean up where others didn't do their part! :cookoo:
                        Bud........If you think it's a broken bone, you should have the Dr. x-ray it. ???
                        Back to the therapist today for another session, I'm about half way in to the normal time, but it could go longer.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water looking for eyes like Mr. & Mrs. WW.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12471 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Good morning everyone, sunny and in the sixties currently weather guessers calling for thunder storms to pass through around 5PM. Some of the storms maybe severe hopefully I will not see any damage here at condo complex or over at the house. First night back at work not to bad have to get adjusted to being awake over night.
Whopper Stopper I would go with landscape fabric you do not need foundation problems down the road.
Eddie may you and the crew not have to scrambled this afternoon putting protective covering over your work.
Ice Wanderer may you have a good therapy session today with no pain afterwards.
Tom Turkey good luck on Thursday.

Have a safe and good day.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12472 on: May 15, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a rainy day today. Have a job interview tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12473 on: May 15, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Hi everyone.  Been awhile since I posted.  I'll try to catch up a little.  The ice went off here the week of February 18th.  On Saturday, February 24th, I started a project that I had been putting off for a few years knowing what a pita it would be; re-building my 1993 Spectrum fishing pontoon.  After two and a half months and about $6,500 later, I'm down to the console, captain's seat and wiring left.  The crap weather, only being able to work on it on weekends and my own ineptitude at times has made the job a very, very long one.  I'm also a one-man-band, with only my wife lending an occasional hand when I needed someone topside while I was underneath.  Knowing what I know now, I will never do it again, but when I'm finally finished, (hopefully by the end of next weekend) I will have built a brand new pontoon from the cross members up from scratch and by myself.  I will post some pics when she's finally finished.  I'm going to call her "500 Beers" for the estimate of what I've consumed both working on her and agonizing over decisions about her the last two and a half months.  ;D  Every waking moment outside of work has been spent rebuilding her.  I purchased most of the materials and seating from the Marsh Brothers (Pontoon Specialists online) in southern Michigan.  They are great to work with and have the most complete selection of materials and accessories online.

My work has finally settled down a little bit also, but we unfortunately lost a major account (LED test probes) to a Chinese competitor.  It was 25% of our business.  That one really hurt.  The family is doing well and my almost 27 y/o son is finishing up his second degree with an internship this summer.  He has an undergrad degree in psychology from Pitt and just finished his school work for his Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA).  He WILL BE pursuing his masters degree in Occupational Therapy in short order if I have anything to say about it.  He has also picked out a very, very nice future daughter in law for us (hopefully!).  She teaches middle school grades in science and English at one of the local Catholic schools and is pursuing her masters for a reading specialist degree.

But back to Ice Shanty stuff...  I continue to deal hunt, but the pickings have been really slim as of late.  The fishing last winter was pretty good across most of the ice belt compared to the previous two years and so most of my favorite sites have by now eliminated most of their excess stock in ice gear.  I hope to start finding some gems soon.  Get ready for some good buys on boots.  I'm watching some good ones, just not good enough to post yet.

As always, if you're looking for a deal on fishing gear (doesn't need to be ice fishing related), I'll be more than happy to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal for you.

Hoping to post more regularly again now that the last couple of months are finally behind me.  Whew!!!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12474 on: May 15, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Afternoon all,

Well the fishing has sucked so far  :'(  Hoping things improve sooner rather than later.  Been pouring down rain most of the day,  starting to clear now so we`re off to the water.

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12475 on: May 16, 2018, 02:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  52* and foggy on the Hill this am, high of 67 today.  We had some pretty good thunder storms roll through yesterday, were spared from the some of the higher winds and egg sized hail that hit areas to the South/East of here.

Wally...hope the fishing picked up after the rain passed. Best of luck with today's trip!   :thumbsup:
  Mr.Ninja...nice to see you posting again! Looking forward to seeing your pontoon project, you've been busy! Congrats to your son on his achievements and best of luck to him perusing his Masters, awesome!  :clap: :bow:   Sorry to hear about the setback with your company, hopefully you can land another account to make up that difference, best of luck!    :thumbsup:
  I-45...we'll be pulling for you today with the job interview...Good Luck!!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...did your area get hit with that hail and strong winds yesterday? We kept a good eye on the radar and had almost everything ready to go before the rain hit our work area...got a little wet, but nothing major.
  Jeff..hope your therapy went well yesterday and no painful side effects last evening.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hoping the gremlins haven't landed on your computer again! Good luck with today's project!    :thumbsup:

Concrete season is back at the Capitol starting this morning, 5am start today. We have a large enough crew now to keep the marble going forward as well, so believe I won't be pouring unless a 911 call comes.... ;D
  Time to get ready....cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12476 on: May 16, 2018, 04:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 45* and clear here on my hill and the weather cat couldn't wait to get out this morning. :blink:
                       Welcome back Deal Ninja you sure have been busy, I can't wait to see the pictures of your rebuild. I'm sorry to hear about the loss account.
                       Eddie.........It sounds as if you have a bigger crew than they ever had, they must be expecting to get a lot of work done this summer! :flex: My therapy
             session was not bad except that the therapist had me put a big ball against a wall and do push out outs, you should have seen her face when my arm quivered
             like jello on the first push out. :o
                       Wally..........Sorry to hear that things wen't going well on your trip, may the fishing pick up for the rest of the week. :thumbsup:
                       Steve.........We didn't get much rain yesterday .07" on my rain gauge and no wind to speak of either. ::)
                       I-45..........Good luck at the job interview. :thumbsup:
                       I hope everyone has a good Hump Day, Wednesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12477 on: May 16, 2018, 04:44 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Highs of 85 today with our enemy Mr humid paying a visit.

45 good luck with you interview today :thumbsup:

WW hope things get better in the fishing department for you two today :thumbsup:

Yesterday I was back to wood mode. I had to pick everything up from the s-i-l's yard and ended up with 2 loads of oak. By the time I got done the morning was shot. I spent the afternoon in the orchard mowing and watering trees.

Today I am back to the rock work. The wife picked up the bushes she wants me to plant in the rock bed so it should be a full day by the time the planting and washing are finished.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what's on the agenda.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12478 on: May 16, 2018, 05:58 AM »
44 this morning and mist coming off the water. A beaver went swimming up the shore line as I was making my coffee.
DN, nice to see you back. I would never take on a project like that but in the old days I could have helped with the beer.
Eddie, sure an glad I don't have to make that drive into downtown Albany everyday anymore. I have been getting a couple tables set up in the garage for my tackle sale this weekend. I can't believe I have so much "stuff" that I will never use. I don't troll spinners, haven't pike fished in a couple years. I jig fish and I have enough of those to last a long time. In the process I have found a few items that may be worth more than I thought, so have set those aside in case someone ask, "got any old stuff".

WW, the fishing will only get better. I haven't even been out yet. Every night just before dark there are two guys in a canoe trolling up and down out in front of the house. I am sure they are on the walleyes as there has to be some still up in the river. Good luck and hope the weather improves....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12479 on: May 16, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Good morning everyone, it’s beautiful out today. Interview went well. They said they would be in touch either way within a couple of days. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.