The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: shout out western penna.  (Read 3043 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
shout out western penna.
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:44 PM »
gettin' lonely here wheres everyone at. penna camotim ice monster snapper nofishtoosmall mod if i missed any i'm sorry need ice now!    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: shout out western penna.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:53 PM »
mO needs a beer

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:54 PM »
1mofish, Western Pa has been represented. I ice fished a week ago on Black Moshannon. Well, let's just say I got to drill some holes. The ice was marginal so it limited mobility or exploration. Might try Lake Roweena in Ebensburg this Thursday. I drove by it Sunday and it was starting to recover from last weeks melt. It's usually good for some stocked trout. It sounds like the guys out east are starting to have some fun.  Lou

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Missed you on Moraine this weekend MOFISH, we had 8" of hard clear stuff...in my dreams anyhow.   ;)

I'm still fishing for steel in Erie waiting for some of the lakes to lock up.  If someone can tell me when we are supposed to get some of the nice cold weather (without the snow) I would be very, very happy.  As it is I can't travel 6+ hours for some of the nice ice opportunities our eastern brethren are currently enjoying.

Indiana...it's been 3 years since last we iced together, maybe this year we'll get our schedules lined up and hit Shenango for some slab crappie...

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline Jim_R

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' Partner
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Still waiting in Erie....seen some water skimmed over, nothing to venture out on yet.

Hardwater...is there any other?

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:34 PM »
im starting to go crazy without any ice!!!!! what am i going to do over chritsmas break???

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Complex, I'm looking forward to that. I just got my new Marcum LX-3 delivered and am extremely anxious to see it work. My thirty gallon bait aquarium is not a true test of its capabilties! What's the story with the Muddy Creek arm? Usually it gets some early freeze. Do you know of any small bodies of water in New York that are ready? Like everybody else, just itchin to get out. I'm surprised I haven't run in to you in Erie steelheadin'.  We made eight or nine days on Elk so far. Last year we had close to thirty days. We lost almost a whole month with no water in the creeks. But as fun as that is, bring on those pannies!!    Lou

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2007, 04:22 PM »
I saw a few ponds with at least a coating on them when we went to Erie last Thursday, but I'd guess with all the rain they had this week that's all but gone.  I'll see what I can find out about small waters in western NY.  My brother is up on Silver, and although the lake is no where near ready he might know of other opportunites.  4 hours is more palatable than 6+.

I saw a report that muddy had some skim on it, but I'm sure it's not ready to be fished with all this temperate weather we are having.  Like everyone else I'm itching to get back on the ice...come on Mother Nature and give us a 'frigid' Christmas present.

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:01 AM »
Missed you on Moraine this weekend MOFISH, we had 8" of hard clear stuff...in my dreams anyhow.   ;)

I'm still fishing for steel in Erie waiting for some of the lakes to lock up.  If someone can tell me when we are supposed to get some of the nice cold weather (without the snow) I would be very, very happy.  As it is I can't travel 6+ hours for some of the nice ice opportunities our eastern brethren are currently enjoying.

Indiana...it's been 3 years since last we iced together, maybe this year we'll get our schedules lined up and hit Shenango for some slab crappie...
i thought that was my dream lol now we are having group dreams boy do we need ice  mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline skippy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:45 AM »
  IM TIRED OF SKINNEN DUCKS. MUCH RATHER BE CLEANEN FISH.  COME ON ICE!!!!!
scott mccall

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:40 AM »
  IM TIRED OF SKINNEN DUCKS. MUCH RATHER BE CLEANEN FISH.  COME ON ICE!!!!!
any beavers to go with them sounds like surf and turf might have to fish shallow water to get any icefishin this year   mo

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:03 PM »
 ??? Yo bros. where's the ICE?   ???  Just got my new LX-2 and want to give er a try.

May have to run down to Wilhelm and see if I can get into the marina.

Anybody been there allready?  We did that last year....remember ?    lol

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:36 AM »
??? Yo bros. where's the ICE?   ???  Just got my new LX-2 and want to give er a try.

May have to run down to Wilhelm and see if I can get into the marina.

Anybody been there allready?  We did that last year....remember ?    lol
hey chuck what about crooked creek it freezes early    mo

Offline MOEFERG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Can't wait to get out on the ice. Indiana Lou how are you? I heard Rowena was still drained. Do you think it will be fishable this year?

Offline MOEFERG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:00 PM »
PS Crooked Creek was open water on Tuesday (the 18th)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:08 PM »
thankx

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Moeferg, Happy to say I iced fished Lake Roweena today and it is back up to full pool. Fished with Tipup 71 from IS site. See report in report section. Supposedly it was stocked Dec 13th but I wasn't there to verify it. No reason to believe they didn't. Great to be out.  Lou

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:18 AM »
ice monster i see you   mo

Offline MOEFERG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2007, 06:59 AM »
Thanks Indiana Lou - hope to see you up there soon...

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:26 AM »
So the 'pond' is frozen over enough to walk on it then?  It's about time we have a body of water inside of 2+ hours that I might be able to get to. 

Did you do any good Indiana?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.