The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: THERES A BAD MOON ON THE RISE?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
THERES A BAD MOON ON THE RISE?
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:33 PM »
full moon,super moon,blood moon,blue moon on the rise and to beat all my front yard is full of ROBINS eating perch bait.i thought planet X was bad enough.
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: THERES A BAD MOON ON THE RISE?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:45 PM »
i here you mo like hard water fishing but cant wait to be sitting in the boat easier on the body.now the full moon dont know if i want to venture out tom maybe at the church bite might be bad during the day it was like a light was on last night outside.

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:09 PM »
buddy and me do a lot of walleye overnight fishing trips  we said nope with this moon never do good on full plus xtra bright nights

Offline Storms Brewin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Definitely agree here. My father and I have tracked this for many years trying to figure out best time to fish around the full moon. As good as the fishing was about a week ago, the fishing flattened out over the weekend. Even with a fairly full moon, it was too nice of a day yesterday to stay home.  ;D

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2018, 04:08 PM »
ohh yea were still jigging up panfish on a local lake  but not traveling to do the overnight thing

Offline Emptybucket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Fished hard past three days, differnt locations and the bite has been very light, mark fish no interest. A few perch today but really light bite, is it the moon? I don't know but I just wanna rip lips. 
Ice is cool!

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Seems it’s slow for lots of folks. My two cents says it’s the yo-yo barometer. Seems like every 36 hours we are either seeing a warm front or a cold front move through. We haven’t had 3 days of stable weather in weeks.

Offline smally hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Fished a small lake 3 out of last five days .. today being the slowest . Ran 15+ tipups between 4 ppl and we caught idk 6fish . Two trips prior are totals were 30+pickerel 3 pike . So idk i think it depends on the water your fishing as far as the moon goes

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:21 PM »
The past two weeks a lake that I've done very well on earlier in the season and all of last season has turned into the dead sea.  I've been all over the lake alone with about twenty other guys that fish there and everyone has the same experience, hardly marking any fish and the ones that you do mark the vast majority, I'd say 90% of them, have lock jaw.  I don't know what's changed for sure but maybe Petros is right about the yo-yo barometer. 

Offline Unclejoestuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I’m not sure about the moon but I have fished maybe a dozen times this year and yesterday and into the night was the best I had all year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.