The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: GET READY,SET,------------------  (Read 1187 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
GET READY,SET,------------------
« on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:30 PM »
pulled out my stuff to tune up and get ready for another season on the ice.ordered 1000 spikes from  JA DA bait 19$ no shipping charges.went to gander mtn. got new treble hooks plus ones that SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GLO.picked up new waders from field n stream mine split while i was in the creek they replaced without arguement. feet got wet gettin minnies today.got minnies and set traps.time will tell when its ready  to fish but for me im ready
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline SoYoCoTransplant

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: GET READY,SET,------------------
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Is Lake Arthur ready Mo?

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 06:28 PM »
After I shoveled yesterday, I sharpened a few hooks, retied some leaders, and got several tip-ups ready for the season. I forgot to get tip-up lube, so I have to get that done. Charged the Ion's battery. Just need to pull the Jet Sled out of summer storage, and I'll be ready.

IDK how much snow they got at Moraine (we got about 6"), but we just need the cold.

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Sled is packed and ready to go.  Hope to be jigging up some crappie in a little over a week!

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Got some black Friday deals and bought jigs and a new rod  just need new line and I am ready  will make an attempt at moraine this weekend very good chance it will be ready
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2016, 01:31 AM »
Is Lake Arthur ready Mo?

Get 3 days of cold weather and people think the lakes ready.  I understand you all are itching to get out but yall need to chill a little.  A fish isn't worth your life

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2016, 04:35 AM »
49 and rain on Saturday,it with be really Mo.

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2016, 06:03 AM »
I try to not get ready too early or I find myself sitting in my driveway in the hut, practicing my strikes, lol!  Mid December the gear comes out of storage, unless we get real early cold temps.  I am usually the 1st idiot out there on my home lake too...  I pack my gear away at the end of the year in my 4x8 hut and it says nice and neat all summer long, like an ice fishing museum, lol

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:19 AM »
Got some black Friday deals and bought jigs and a new rod  just need new line and I am ready  will make an attempt at moraine this weekend very good chance it will be ready

I wish it were so, but I'd say no go!  Looking at the 15 day forecast, I'm thinking we'll get between 2-3 by Saturday.  Hopefully the Saturday warmup won't hurt anything, then we should be up to a solid 4" by mid next week.  After that, looks like it will either be slow decline or possibly hold at around 4.  Just an assumption, never know

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:09 AM »
I'll go out on 3 if it's good clear ice.  Hopefully mother nature is in our favor this year
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

icewagon

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:04 PM »
Cold has no staying power up and down temps , I wouldn't get too excited . i think a lot of lakes never get good ice this year .

Offline GreenFinnyBlinny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Wishing everyone a safe and plentiful harvest this year. Going to try and cut some custom bobbers out of cork this year

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2016, 01:18 PM »
muddy creek ,prop finger,trout and cabin area was all sskimmed over yesterday with grey crap.see what Friday is like.i think its going to be a good ice season.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:50 PM »
muddy creek ,prop finger,trout and cabin area was all sskimmed over yesterday with grey crap.see what Friday is like.i think its going to be a good ice season.
i hear ya this wet snow aint gonna help unless it sinks and refreezes dont want to start off with suck ice clear hard ice is hard to come by and saturdays wintry mix and 50 ish oh welllllllllllllllllll on a brighter note shadrachs lights gotta be lookin good with the snow thinkin positive
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.