The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: FULL MOON LATE BITE  (Read 1070 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
FULL MOON LATE BITE
« on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:05 PM »
super moon late bite this isnt the first time this happened to me/usi shoulda known it was a full moon
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline iceman2719

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FULL MOON LATE BITE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:32 PM »
What body of water are U fishing? Looks like Kinzua?
Don't horse em!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:35 PM »
What body of water are U fishing? Looks like Kinzua?
both are lake arthur first porters cove second muddy creek third porters cove
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:53 PM »
super moon late bite this isnt the first time this happened to me/usi shoulda known it was a full moon
GOD BLESS
mo

great job finding the fish Mo. sounds like you worked your tail off though. i can remember fishing with you some 20 years ago in Bear Run. same thing happened. had to stay til dark to get a fish. I remember a whole season when the bite (bass and crappie) never even started until 3 or 4 pm. i would drive from johnstown 2 hours, get there around 3 , set up. everyone else would be leaving. they said nothing was biting. around 3:30 all hell would break loose.bass til dark and crappie would follow. so i never bothered fishing til late afternoon. happened A LOT that season. the late bite.

Offline renelumpmp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:37 AM »
We have yet to go out for our first time....but i think we'll eventually be "into the moonlight" types.  Can't wait to get out there this weekend.  We don't know much about it but we're learning.  Had the nephews out for a derby this past weekend and now my husband and i are getting sucked into it.  We're excited. 
-Michelle Cusick

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:45 AM »
On Sat. the Vex was loaded with active fish and I hooked my fair share through out the afternoon and into early evening.  I fished another lake in the morning.  About an hour before dusk the Vex went blank and the fish dropped to the bottom.  I could jig them up but the bite went LIGHT.  So I moved to another location until dark same deal.  So I packed up and moved again same deal.  I just could not turn then on after the sun went down.  I switched things up, location, depth, sizes, colors, jigging patterns, ect...  Plenty of people out after dark.  I guess I'm in need of a night time L.A. fishing lesion.

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:20 AM »
If they don't want to bite not much you can do it seems to me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.