Author Topic: Gear Carrier  (Read 6374 times)

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Re: Gear Carrier
« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Snip/ It`s your basket, it`s your seat. It can even help carry out your catch or carry your lunch in.
Mine is even painted fall leaf camo to use hunting.
I apologize in advance but I could see a Dr. Suess Cat in the Hat ice fishing book rhyme here. 

I would not wear it in the brook
I would not leave it on a hook

I would not ever leave it home
I would not paint it shiny chrome.

I can not fill it full of weeds
and dare not sparkle it with beads.

I  would never fill it with stinky fishes
even though that is my vert wishes...sorry again!

Thanks for a good morning laugh.

Thread killer

Offline Coldfinger007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Agreed but times they are achanging.  Im 6"7 buckets are uncomfortable for me to sit on anyway...My knees are in my chin.
SMBrickner, for those tall icemen out there who feel that the 5 or 6 gal buckets are a little too short to sit on comfortably for hours at a time.  Check with your local city/public pool to see if they have any of the over-sized plastic buckets that the dry calcium chlorite briquettes come in ("Pulsar Plus Briquettes", 100 pound size).  These buckets are HUGE and are made of heavy plastic.  The lid easily screws on & off.  I glued a 1-inch foam pad on the top of the lid for added comfort.  The bucket is 21 inches tall, and about 14 inches diameter at the top.  This bucket is very comfortable, and the added storage space is a big plus.

Check out this site to see what the bucket looks like: http://www.archchemicals.com/Fed/ICM/Support/ProdLit/Pulsar_System_Product_Information.pdf

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Ok I managed to get 4 combos, 2 rattle snake rattle reels, 3 tip ups, an ice scoop, 3 small tackle boxes, pole holder, and my humminbird in the compartments it was built for.  And there is still some room left for my Gulp and some Waxies.  For me that means that I can take this bag, my hand auger(leave the Jiffy at home during early ice) and strap a bag chair to the bag and I am ready to go on the ice.  Or later in the year throw the bag, my auger, minnow bucket, and my new Cabela's pop up shelter in my sled and still have a little room left over.  Heck when I take my Arctic Kitty wheeler with me I could even take my grill and an extra big cooler of beverages.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline JFergus7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2009, 11:28 PM »
I have the Lakewood ice pack near the bottom of that page. It is amazing and well worth the money. The inside is hard plastic and has separators for each tipup. It has a velcro strap that holds four jig rods. The whole unit is sturdy enough to sit on. My mother got it for me for christmas about 5 years ago. I had no idea how much she spent on it til now. I'm not sure if I would ever have spent that much on a basket but it's handy as all heck and I'm glad I've got it.

Have to agree with you about the Lakewood case.  We did a lot of work last year to remodel it and make it even better.  The improvements over the old models are awesome and it is well worth the money!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:09 AM »
Have to agree with you about the Lakewood case.  We did a lot of work last year to remodel it and make it even better.  The improvements over the old models are awesome and it is well worth the money!
The only downfall of it is it's weight. It weighs quite a bit empty. It has ton's of room for storage. When it's loaded up it feels like a bag of concrete. Everything I need can be either strapped to it or put in it though.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:12 PM »
The only problem I had with the Lakewood besides the weight I the fact that my jigging rods wouldn't fit inside of it decently.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2009, 04:59 AM »
The only problem I had with the Lakewood besides the weight I the fact that my jigging rods wouldn't fit inside of it decently.
Mine has a velcro strap on the side with a pouch for the butt of the rods to fit in. It works good if the bag is on your back. The weight is more my own fault because I put 8 tipup's in it (I think) then strap 4 rods to it. Pile all the lil pouches with jigs, terminal tackle, food, and drinks. I've had it for years so I'm always figuring out a way to put more stuff in it. Again, heavy as all heck but it's also handy as all heck having everything in one spot when I'm on the lake. I just put mine in the sled for the trip out.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.