Author Topic: UV jigs  (Read 3661 times)

Offline 1969starcraft

• IceShanty Rookie
  • My 19 foot winter home
UV jigs
« on: Mar 26, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Anyone try using the new UV jigs. I saw them at the bait shop by me and was told they are very good. Just wondering if anyone has done any good with these because I havent heard of anyone else using them yet.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: UV jigs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2009, 01:52 AM »
Anyone try using the new UV jigs. I saw them at the bait shop by me and was told they are very good. Just wondering if anyone has done any good with these because I havent heard of anyone else using them yet.
Never heard of them! What do they look like and what fish would you be targetting with them! THANKS!  Is that 69 wooden, nice old boats!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline 1969starcraft

• IceShanty Rookie
  • My 19 foot winter home
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2009, 09:37 AM »
The jigs look just like normal jigs but they will glow without charging them and fish are supposed to see them better than glow jigs. And snagger, the camper is the 69 starcraft.

Offline mk_bovee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:44 PM »
The jigs look just like normal jigs but they will glow without charging them and fish are supposed to see them better than glow jigs. And snagger, the camper is the 69 starcraft.

i havent seen them in person yet, but i have seen them on an on line catalog.

they dont GLOW in the traditional sense, but rather they are brighter in normal lighting conditions due to the paints reaction to the UV light in lighting ( natural or otherwise ).    they will not charge like a true glow lure, but are brighter than glows during daylight conditions.

heres a website to read more about them.   http://www.fishyum.com/servlet/StoreFront         

right now its closed for maintence, but when it gets back up check it out.
dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive                                            team broke azz

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2009, 11:29 PM »
 Sounds like a good jig for the last or first 2 hours of light, then change to true glow near dark!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2009, 01:29 AM »

heres a website to read more about them.   http://www.fishyum.com/servlet/StoreFront         

right now its closed for maintence, but when it gets back up check it out.

Still down...  Maybe they closed ??

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2009, 06:59 AM »
THe owner of FishYum and creator of the jigs that you are talking about passed away in (I think) March.  Rumor has it that someone bought out the inventory and was going to continue to make the jigs, but nothing so far.

-Jeff

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2009, 08:36 AM »
They make a UV paint for jigs that when compared to regular glow jigs is supposed to be as bright if not brighter

www.fishvisionpaint.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.