The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Fishn Report  (Read 30097 times)

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Canyon Ferry Fishn Report
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:51 PM »
This info should be in the Lake specific thread under Conditions and Reports....that's why its there...
?????????????

Offline Dieselbean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 24, 2011, 05:34 AM »
Headed up to canyon ferry now will post upon my return    I dont understand why this has to be so proper   anyways after i make five post or whatever ill post in the lake condtion area sorry neptune

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #32 on: Dec 24, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Hi guys, just thought I'd post you a note and hope it has the desired effect and this thread goes back to the chat for which it was intended. Neptune is technically right, however, each and every post belongs to the member and posting fishing info here is not a violation of Iceshanty rules. The boards were created for optional use by the members and are not generally updated/maintained by the Moderators; they are your boards, for your input and your use. Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to all, anything I can do to help out here, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.                        Don
                                                                           Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

PS, Please keep it civil ;)

Offline wolfkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • take the old women she might be worth one donkey!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 24, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Hi guys, just thought I'd post you a note and hope it has the desired effect and this thread goes back to the chat for which it was intended. Neptune is technically right, however, each and every post belongs to the member and posting info here is not a violation of Iceshanty rules. The boards were created for use by the members and are not generally updated/maintained by the Moderators; they are your boards. Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to all, anything I can do to help out here, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.                        Don
                                                                           Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

PS, Please keep it civil ;)
so what exactly are we to post here. i seem to get more info here then in condition and reports. it seems to be a fine line.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 24, 2011, 03:55 PM »
The optional lake reports/conditions boards were designed by Iceshanty Admin for your use for that purpose, what you as a member post anywhere on the Montana site is your post and your business alone; there is no rule that your MUST put anything in the lakes/conditions reports rather than in a chat thread. Lakes/conditions is designed for just that and should be a quick reference to a given lake/recent conditions...posting specific, detailed lake info on a chat thread defeats the purpose for which the conditions board was designed...but you may put your post about anything, anyplace you wish.  :tipup:         Don

Offline wolfkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • take the old women she might be worth one donkey!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 24, 2011, 04:00 PM »
thanks LT. just trying to help other hardwater freaks like myself

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 24, 2011, 04:42 PM »
And that should pretty much put this whole matter to rest..........Amen.  Thanks Don it makes perfect sense.  Neptune is a great contributor to the site as well as everyone else that posts, new and old..........There's always something to learn on here....especially for a rookie like myself and I appreciate all that give info.......

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Thank you Don.... Merry Christmas to you and everyone else on this site:)

Offline IceRuki

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get busy living, or get busy dying...
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Was out today by Hole in the Wall, one walleye.  Pretty slow, ice was popping and snapping pretty good.  Ice was about 8", wish the fishing was better though!

Offline Dieselbean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Fished south of the silos.  trout were hitting. much better than last weekend  the pressure ridge was stil cracking and moving around alot  so your still stuck a couple hundred yrds out 

Offline CrawPappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 25, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Anybody fish the east side yet?  Confederate?

Offline Skookum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Didn't fish east side but fished by the Silos on Christmas eve.  Got a few trout and had fun with the family.  Nice day, only out about 100 yards and in about 10 fow.  Weather was great.

Wait - is the this the right place for this report?

Disappointed in ice shanty - thought this was a place to share fishing information.  Instead it seems to be a place for people to tell everyone else how great they are and how well read they are.
I said a cold bear on ice.

Offline captain stubie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lip ripper!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 26, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Going out tomorrow with some family. Anyone having any luck with the perch? And if so what on?
its better to have hooked and lost then to never have hooked at all.

Offline Montana Made

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2011, 10:14 AM »
Kind of want to go out on Canyon Ferry this weekend. Anyone know where the catchin is Im not really picky on what it is

Offline Guiltydog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice, ice, baby!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Fished down by the dikes yesterday and today.  Caught a nice rainbow on the only bite I had today.  Yesterday I had 3 hits and actually got one to the bottom of the hole and it spit the hook >:(.  Yesterday there were a few fish on the ice and today I only saw a couple of others. Its slow, but there's fish being caught.
Keep your rod out of my icehole!

Offline Minn2Mont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Any luck out there today?

Offline captain stubie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lip ripper!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Caught a couple perch yesterday. Pressure ridges weren't really fun  :sick:  but nice day for a family outing.. does anyone know of there's ice up north at China mens?
its better to have hooked and lost then to never have hooked at all.

Offline UncleFarm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:04 AM »
hey, friends! i am very new to this site and cant seem to find the conditions for holter and hauser..  i've read that a member has to make five posts or something to see conditions  (?)   does somebody want to help a fella out?  i tried to contact a moderator but cant seem to do that either...  i sure appreciate any help anyone could give me!  thanks a ton!!!
:tipup: Helena Hand-Auger :tipup:

Offline CrawPappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:06 AM »
My buddy and I fished Wed south of Silos.  Caught 5, had 8 bites, 2-3 lbs, 5-8 fow, they took a variety of "jigs" all with maggots, black wooly buggers took 3 fish, best bite was 745 to 930.

Offline waterloo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Thanks for the update CrawPappy!  Have been putting off driving the distance until I had heard some positive indications that there were fish starting to move through.  Had been planning on going over on Friday, and your update has just convinced me.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:58 AM »
hey, friends! i am very new to this site and cant seem to find the conditions for holter and hauser..  i've read that a member has to make five posts or something to see conditions  (?)   does somebody want to help a fella out?  i tried to contact a moderator but cant seem to do that either...  i sure appreciate any help anyone could give me!  thanks a ton!!!
After three posts, you can send/receive pm's (That's why you couldn't contact a Moderator, you can also then access the Reports and Conditions Board), hope that helps. By the way, the Moderators screen names are highlighted in blue bottom of the home page.                                                     Don
                                                                                    Iceshanty Moderator

Offline UncleFarm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:07 PM »
thanks!!!! 
:tipup: Helena Hand-Auger :tipup:

Offline lunker_lake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Has anyone been out this week. I would like to know how the ice is holding up in this warm weather.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Has anyone been out this week. I would like to know how the ice is holding up in this warm weather.
Ice was good and solid Monday 8 to 10 inches of black ice. Its not going anywhere now. I would watch out for the pressure ridges though theres some iffy spots on them and I would guess there could be a little open water around them

IceCreeper

CanyonFerry ice conditions
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:55 AM »
When we left CF Wed there was ALOT of water on the ice,does anyone know if the wind blew it open yesterday?

Offline Turbo51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Went today, on the ice fishing at 7:45am, not blowen open yet. Alot of water on the ice. Pressure ridge is open at the end by the dikes south of the Silos. The wind was picking up and it started to rain when we left around 1:30pm.

Offline MT Fysherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:44 PM »
But did you catch any fish? ;)

IceCreeper

« Reply #57 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Pray for cold nights! :bow:

Offline Turbo51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:57 PM »
We had a total of 4 rainbows from 1 1/2 to 3 pounds. My 12 year old daughter lost three the last one was, easy over 4 pounds. We released them all. Over all it was a pretty good day.

Offline BuckFever45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 30, 2011, 05:23 PM »
I was out the last weekend and the only ice was on the south end. open water north of confederate and white earth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.