Author Topic: Tried out my new Vex  (Read 2301 times)

Offline pleasureseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
Tried out my new Vex
« on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Hey you guys and gals,
  Don't mean to be a bore, but I just got my new Vexilar (birthday present to myself), and had a fantastic day on Sat., even though it seemed a bit slow for everyone else.  Me too, until I started seeing them on the flasher.  No more fishing blind... its just an fl8se, but now I see the "light".  Oh yeah, we were at Rifle Gap, Caught 13 slabber perch and one 12" bow.  Anyone gonna be at the tourney this weekend?  Let me know , I live in Rifle and might be able to help out with storage of gear,overnight, or whatever.

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tried out my new Vex
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:16 AM »
They sure are cool to have, no more wondering if the fish are there huh?
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline gullunkerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:26 PM »
I,ve had a fl8se for years and love it. Now you need to get a Aqua-view, I have one and it opens up an amazing whole new world. Watching the fish's reaction to different techniques/actions/lures/presentation is something you could get addicted to. I plan on hitting RG this Sunday,but I don't plan on getting into the tourney, but can't wait to try out my new Jiffy Stealth STX.
keep punch'en holes till ya find'em

Offline nhurianek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Congrats on the vex, it is an amazing to to be able to use.  It is even more amazing when you are fishing or exploring new waters, not more guessing. 

Gullunkerson - what is the deepest you have used the aquavu at?  I am thinking about picking one up for laker fishing.

Offline mrpike16

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GIVE ME SHELTER
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:42 PM »
I have the FL-12 and would quit fishing ice if we couldn't use them.  I'm new to ice and the vex is new to me, BUT, those thing are great, see the flash, move the jig, catch the fish!! 8)

Gona get a FL-8 for my son, only fair!

Offline gullunkerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Congrats on the vex, it is an amazing to to be able to use.  It is even more amazing when you are fishing or exploring new waters, not more guessing. 

Gullunkerson - what is the deepest you have used the aquavu at?  I am thinking about picking one up for laker fishing.

I have the std model with a 50' cord, with the infra-red lights on the lens darkness is no problem, if you can afford it, buy the 100' and the 4way camera. The biggest problem with the single lens is having to keep turning it.

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Hey you guys and gals,
  Don't mean to be a bore, but I just got my new Vexilar (birthday present to myself), and had a fantastic day on Sat., even though it seemed a bit slow for everyone else.  Me too, until I started seeing them on the flasher.  No more fishing blind... its just an fl8se, but now I see the "light".  Oh yeah, we were at Rifle Gap, Caught 13 slabber perch and one 12" bow.  Anyone gonna be at the tourney this weekend?  Let me know , I live in Rifle and might be able to help out with storage of gear,overnight, or whatever.

We're fishing Harvey Sunday since the whole rest of the free world will be at Rifle at the tourney, the coordinator is one of my fishing friends, said 380 registered.  I don't really like those crowds plus in those huts lots of people pool their fish and split the pot.  Hard for a single angler to compete against that, and guys I know have been "pre-fishing" it all week.  Crazy.  We like Harvey for the variety, bigger crappie and some huge pike and a state record smallie caught there last year.  (released and a pic, 23 " long) Sounds like we may see you at Harvey if Rifle doesn't pan out.  We're from the Olathe area and usually ice Blue and Crawford.  BTW, I probably would would catch only half the fish if it weren't for my Marcum.  They are the bomb!

Offline pleasureseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Yeah, Harvey is great.  Maybe we'll slip over there if Rifle doesn't work out.  I've always wanted to check out Blue Mesa, winter or summer.  Was at Crawford last summer.  It was like 1,000,000 degrees.  So, no fishin'.  Lots of swimmin'.

Offline gullunkerson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:13 AM »
hey guys, I'll be at HG sunday solo, preferable after perch and crappies, I plan on drilling a bunch of holes until i find em, I'll be on radio channel 7, I'll call you when i find'em.

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2009, 04:15 PM »
hey guys, I'll be at HG sunday solo, preferable after perch and crappies, I plan on drilling a bunch of holes until i find em, I'll be on radio channel 7, I'll call you when i find'em.

Cool, I'll take my radio and can do likewise, we'll have some really experienced locals with us after the Rifle tourney is done and they really know that lake.  I can introduce you to a few of em.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.