Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Lake Diefenbaker 2023-2024

<< < (12/12)

shawno:

--- Quote from: Hatandboots on Mar 21, 2024, 03:47 PM ---Wish I had the action you guys are having with the Walters but Burbs are good too!

I don't know the exact time but I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after midnight. Maybe they come up on main Lake earlier. We were near the dam.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info....that is a late bite. 

Paraaronoid:
I was swimming in the water with the burbot downstream of the Coteau Creek Power Station on March 15th...We definitely found some but it felt like we missed the serious mating season, it seems to happen more at the beginning of March.

shawno:
Awesome photos Paraaronoid! 

I was out at Pelican Pointe recently at LML and I would agree. Traditionally, this is pretty good spot to come across burbot in March. I only saw two…and they had zero interest in my hook. I can only assume the spawn must have been earlier this winter.

speckspotter:
Well I was south of Etter's on LML today after pike. I got one incidental burbot in about 5 fow. There were some guys out a bit further on a big flat 8-9 feet deep and they had a PILE of burbot that they were cleaning. I'm not sure if they had a fabulous morning bite or if they had spent the night, but they had gotten into the lawyers big time.

EVAN NIM:
Thanks to the stranger if your on here for the advice on ice conditions In coteau near the narrow
Would have been a sketchy situation had I driven on

Looked like it had opened and refroze and 4” of ice , few weeks ago there was 20” +

Also looks like possible gas well or just something strange .. on the north side of that narrow as well to watch for

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version