Author Topic: Antero Res  (Read 1651 times)

Offline rabel74

• IceShanty Rookie
Antero Res
« on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Hey, Has anyone been on Antero lately? I am planning on going out there this weekend and didn't know if anyone has been out this week?

Thanks
Josh

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Antero Res
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Went yesterday. Popped 6 out 7 seven ice cherries there's yesterday. Only the sleepy teenager didn't catch one.

Offline rabel74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2015, 11:56 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Tight Lines
Josh

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:53 AM »
How did you do Sat, Rebel?  We went there, fished the south end near the ramp and got nothing - a few hits, but no connections.  No one seemed to be getting much
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline striider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:47 PM »
I went Sunday morning, left around 12.  Caught one tiny trout near the dam - gate station area.  The guys that were catching them had active lures.  Mine were boring 11 mile style since that's where I usually fish.  I will try again this weekend with some new tackle, but not looking forward to the tourney mobs.  My daughter Courtney will be out there selling breakfast burritos for the Hartsel Highline Cafe on the ice, so say hi if you see her :)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I went Sunday morning, left around 12.  Caught one tiny trout near the dam - gate station area.  The guys that were catching them had active lures.  Mine were boring 11 mile style since that's where I usually fish.  I will try again this weekend with some new tackle, but not looking forward to the tourney mobs.  My daughter Courtney will be out there selling breakfast burritos for the Hartsel Highline Cafe on the ice, so say hi if you see her :)

Is she hot?  The burritos I mean-- ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline striider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2015, 12:24 AM »
Lol @SLAYERFISH.  The burritos should be insulated to keep them warm, and my daughter is 15, so no bright ideas! ;)

Offline rabel74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:40 PM »
I forgot to post but I was able to land about 25. I went home with my limit of 8 at about 1100. I would have been off of the ice earlier but I was being pickey about the ones I got. I talked to a couple people on the ice and they only had 1 or two bites the whole day. I had a great day.

Tight lines

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:49 PM »
im headed up in the morning. weathers looking good. were you norh or south side?

Offline rabel74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:27 PM »
I think it was the south end. Close to the ramp. Did you do any good? I am planning on going tomorrow.

Tight Lines

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Went today but not in the tourney iced one 14 incher and one bite. That was it had a good time. First time using my little buddy heater as a cooker. Made grilled cheese and some cut up kielbasa. Was awsome and kept us fishing longer. Think a lot of people got skunked today. I heard a two pounder won first prize not sure how accurate that is.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:17 PM »
I read that a cutbow over 7 lbs won the tourney. Pic on fish exploder

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:23 AM »
Went to my honey hole at antero yesterday. The honey was all goNE because it was a slowww day.

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Yeah, same here my honey hole dried up completely.  A 7lb fish won first prize and 4th was a 2lb fish, i think a 3lber won second, and third.   I forget the exact weights.   I was really surprised a 2lb fish placed, I guess it was a slow day in general.

Cheers,
Brad

Offline Kinosao

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:25 PM »
I think the 7 pounder was a brown, 2nd place was a cut-bow

Wish I bothered to weigh the top one in, only 17" but was awful thick, might have been close to honorable mention status 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.