Author Topic: Tube Jigs  (Read 2645 times)

Offline pisces

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tube Jigs
« on: Nov 16, 2013, 12:11 PM »
What are the best tube jigs used for Lakers and for Trout ? Also, where do you buy them? I want to try Laker fishing this year so any info would help . Thanks !

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tube Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2013, 05:21 PM »
I picked up an assortment of RadicalGlow tubes at Discount Fishing on Santa Fe in Denver. The big ones work well for Lakers and the little ones are good for trout. I believe the glow makes a big difference down deep and a little taste of sucker meat in the tube or on the hook won't hurt either. just get the right lead head to go with tube and you're good.

http://www.radicalglow.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_43
" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 09:08 AM »
+1 on RadicalGlow.  They have a good online site as well - plus the shipping department ALWAYS throws in an xtra somethin, somethin in the box when you order online.  Good company and a good product. 

Offline Granbysbia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2013, 09:48 AM »
budget tackle in granby

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Damn, $7.50 for 5 tube jigs? The trout seem to like my buck or two 'Freshwater Basics' tubes in various sizes!  ;D

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Damn, $7.50 for 5 tube jigs? The trout seem to like my buck or two 'Freshwater Basics' tubes in various sizes!  ;D

Yeah cheap tubes are what I use.  Size/color is all that matters. Fish are not impressed by size of your wallet! ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2013, 12:52 PM »
...or the size of your worm!
I agree that color is the key...that and presentation. Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2013, 07:19 PM »
OP asked for the best not the cheapest-there's a difference ;D These are some thick heavy duty tubes that last and glow very well-agreed most fish can't tell the difference shallow but 90 feet down these really glow and I believe they are worth a bit more.
" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2013, 10:06 AM »
OP asked for the best not the cheapest-there's a difference ;D These are some thick heavy duty tubes that last and glow very well-agreed most fish can't tell the difference shallow but 90 feet down these really glow and I believe they are worth a bit more.

Ha, sorry I didn't mean to say they weren't good! I haven't used them and I would imagine the quality is very good! Some anglers have tight wallets so I just wanted to throw out there that you don't need expensive tubes and that the cheap ones will work. I don't doubt the quality on those tubes are great, and my cheap ones don't glow - so that's a good point when you're fishing in 60-100fow for Lakers!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2013, 01:26 PM »

I can read.  "best" is subjective-  opinions are like a-holes evrybodys got one.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Once again you're spot on Slayer. Seeing the presentation at that depth can make all the difference. Add scent to that, (sucker meat) and you have a winner. The other thing I like to do is to change things up when things aren't working. "Glow" or "No Glow"...it won't matter if the color and presentation isn't quite right. Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline A0fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2013, 02:12 PM »
Fresh Water Basics are made by Gitzit/Canyon Plastics as far as I can tell.  They may not have the latest technology but the plastic they use has geat action, and action often trumps color and glow/no glow.  They are a fine choice IMO.  This is based on fishing mostly for other species and some of you laker lovers might have better intel on which tubes are "best."

Offline Malty Falcon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2013, 11:51 AM »
For trout, Berkely Atomic Teaser Tubes work really well for me.  Many colors to choose from, and the scent in em works when nothing else will.  They are my go-to jigging lure, especially when tipped with a wax worm.
Fishin' is better with a Malty Beverage!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.