Author Topic: Otter Sidekick  (Read 1691 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Otter Sidekick
« on: Dec 02, 2021, 10:31 AM »
I have an Otter Sportsman Caddy which is great for trips but to bulky for everyday quick trips. It’s going on Craigslist today. Wondering about the Sidekick, any advice anyone that has one can provide? Or, is it just more crap in the way.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Otter Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2021, 10:52 AM »
I have an Otter Sportsman Caddy which is great for trips but to bulky for everyday quick trips. It’s going on Craigslist today. Wondering about the Sidekick, any advice anyone that has one can provide? Or, is it just more crap in the way.

I looked at both the Sportsman's Caddy and Sidekick and ended up with the Sidekick. Definitely worth it. Fits otter rod holders, bait pucks, etc. No ragrets

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2021, 11:03 AM »
As you are already bringing a bucket you may want to consider a bucket caddy ..there are a lot of options and lil cheaper in price .

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-15051-Stacker-System/dp/B0000226AU/ref=dp_fod_2?pd_rd_i=B0000226AU&psc=1
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2021, 04:51 PM »
Is GH the only person that bought one?

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2021, 10:26 PM »
I looked at both the Sportsman's Caddy and Sidekick and ended up with the Sidekick. Definitely worth it. Fits otter rod holders, bait pucks, etc. No ragrets

Not even one letter?

I got one last year and I personally think it’s better than the caddy. Fits perfectly on a bucket, goes right on the cross link rail if you have an otter pro, I got an otter stop cottage on clearance last year, really wanted a pro but there weren’t any around late last year. I removed the bench from the framework and made a pro seat mount to the framework, works awesome! A Velcro strip on the bottom of the caddy and she doesn’t move.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:05 AM »

mkuiper

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:34 AM »
sidekick looks pretty slick, I have an eskimo flip over (sierra) and looking for some sort of center console.  I suppose a bucket would work for something like this.  Anyone tried it in an eskimo? otherwise looking at the clam one, not sure if it will fit though

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:57 AM »
I use a sidekick in my pro cottage.  Works perfect for me.  Caddy would have been too cumbersome for me.  Little pricey for what it is but well made and functional imo.

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:16 AM »
For those of you with the sidekick, how far would it hang over the front of an otter bench? I have an XT cabin with the bench, and I'm looking for something I can stick on the bench seat to hold stuff when it's just me or one other person. This seems like the perfect thing to slap on the bench seat, and then just pick it up when it's time to really move. 3D printing a bracket to hook it onto the bench back shouldn't be too hard, but I don't want the front 3rd hanging in mid air. Is that 23.5" length the actual product length? You never know these days until you get one in your hand. 

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:19 AM »
sidekick looks pretty slick, I have an eskimo flip over (sierra) and looking for some sort of center console.  I suppose a bucket would work for something like this.  Anyone tried it in an eskimo? otherwise looking at the clam one, not sure if it will fit though

I have a sierra and Have yet to find a center console that will work without some sort of modification. 

The Eskimo one does mount properly because there isn't a flat surface.

mkuiper

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:44 AM »
I have a sierra and Have yet to find a center console that will work without some sort of modification. 

The Eskimo one does mount properly because there isn't a flat surface.

That's a bummer.  I'd like something built for it specifically.  Guess I could just pop out the second chair when it's just me and put a bucket/sidekick there.  But defeats the purpose of a 2 person

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2021, 03:18 PM »
For those of you with the sidekick, how far would it hang over the front of an otter bench? I have an XT cabin with the bench, and I'm looking for something I can stick on the bench seat to hold stuff when it's just me or one other person. This seems like the perfect thing to slap on the bench seat, and then just pick it up when it's time to really move. 3D printing a bracket to hook it onto the bench back shouldn't be too hard, but I don't want the front 3rd hanging in mid air. Is that 23.5" length the actual product length? You never know these days until you get one in your hand.
23.5" sounds about right.  If I had it here at home I'd tape it but it doesn't look like its changed from last year to this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.