Author Topic: Aqua-Vu MICRO AV  (Read 16454 times)

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Aqua-Vu MICRO AV
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:13 AM »
I have one of the aqua vu micro and it has a lithium battery and I am no expert but can you charge a lithium battery off of a lead acid battery with just a standard charger. If anyone could help out with this I would also like to use a lead acid battery to charger mine on long days on ice.  IMO this unit is more designed for searching for structure and bottom then sitting and watching your jig with it.

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2012, 12:13 PM »
I have one of the aqua vu micro and it has a lithium battery and I am no expert but can you charge a lithium battery off of a lead acid battery with just a standard charger. If anyone could help out with this I would also like to use a lead acid battery to charger mine on long days on ice.  IMO this unit is more designed for searching for structure and bottom then sitting and watching your jig with it.

I agree ... I was planning on using it for running and gunning and just checking an area after I blast a bunch of holes. The battery should be sufficient for my needs. On the other hand, if it needed charging while on the ice, I thought it would be great to just charge it off my flasher battery (if possible).

... also, I just ordered it now from BPS. Unfortunately, BPS seems to take FOREVER to ship. I bet it takes 3 weeks for it to reach my door in upstate NY ... We shall see!

Offline chris71383

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2012, 12:40 PM »
I had the same issue with the screen getting fuzzy and turning blue, got ahold of aqua vu yesterday and they got the replacement sent out yesterday for me. Hopefully it will be here today or tomarrow since I have a weekend trip planned to head north. Make sure you mention the rebate for the free case and they will throw it in the package for you.

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:13 PM »
I guess Manufacturers "Field Testing" and Customers real world use are still Miles apart !! :%$#!:

Are companies still field testing items before deploying them? Didn't think profits allowed for this any longer. Isn't there a saying about not to buy the first or the last model of something? :) It amazes me what some manufactures will put out there and then you go to use them and they are just garbage.

How is the cabling to wind back up on the spool? Does it have any kind of memory to it or does it A@#hole? I have the quad view and of course it has a larger cable but I don't like how your suppose to coil it back up.

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:57 PM »
The cable winds up nicely on the spool and it has a little memory which does not affect the camera on bit. I use mine for  a search and destroy mission and it worked flawlessly.  I put it in my pocket drilled 20 or 25 holes in a row and worked my way back to the rest of my gear checking every hole for structure or weed.

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I take back what I said about Bass Pro Shops. The Aqua Vu Micro just arrived at my doorstep ... I ordered it Wednesday afternoon online with regular ground shipping.  Wow, that's much faster than my previous BPS orders.  Now I just need to charge it up and wait several years for ice!!! No, but really ... when I get a chance to try it out I'll report back with a review.  Hopefully I didn't get one with a bad diode :-\

Offline ds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I got one for Christmas too but no ice to try it out. After reading about the camera troubles I set it on the fridge and put the camera in the freezer for a few hours and it seemed to work OK .  Hopefully it does as well in the water.

Offline chris71383

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Took 2 days and I got my replacement, as well as the free case and coozies

Offline MochaMay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Here is my Aqua Vu Micro / FL-20 setup...

Attached a small camera tripod to the back of the Micro
(Image removed from quote.)

Plastic reel for the camera head is attached with Velcro

Removable and portable...

Wondering if you could share the brand/model of your tri-pod for you Aqua Vu? Also how did you mount your spool to the Vex?

Looks great hoping to get mine set up like yours!

Thanks!

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:27 PM »
would like to know about the pod you used also please thanks

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:37 AM »
Looks like he has a fancy version of velcro for the spool.

Offline tinyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Tried the Micro out on a recent trip to northern MN, with temps well into the -20* range.  Kept it in an outside pocket each day, and the battery held up fine.  Great for running and gunning.  The cable has a little memory which isn't pulled taught by the light weight of the camera, I might add a bell sinker next time.  Also, the thin cable is difficult to turn precisely (like aiming at a jig), but for a quick check down the hold it's awesome.  I would say if you want something to line up with your jig and watching while you're fishing, a full-size unit would probably be better.  Same if you wanted to use it in open water.  For hole hopping, it's AWESOME!
Prayin' for cold

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 31, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Tried the Micro out on a recent trip to northern MN, with temps well into the -20* range.  Kept it in an outside pocket each day, and the battery held up fine.  Great for running and gunning.  The cable has a little memory which isn't pulled taught by the light weight of the camera, I might add a bell sinker next time.  Also, the thin cable is difficult to turn precisely (like aiming at a jig), but for a quick check down the hold it's awesome.  I would say if you want something to line up with your jig and watching while you're fishing, a full-size unit would probably be better.  Same if you wanted to use it in open water.  For hole hopping, it's AWESOME!
How did the screen do in the sun? Sounds like a great search tool!

Offline tinyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:09 AM »
How did the screen do in the sun? Sounds like a great search tool!

There was a decent amount of glare in the sun.  Thanks, forgot to add that.  Held close to my face with a hood and ball cap it wasn't too bad.  Might be nice to concoct some sort of shield.
Prayin' for cold

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #44 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:41 AM »
             Yep! It came with a connector that plugged right in. Now can recharge/ power cell and micro for days!

What model did you get?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline icinfool88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I dropped the ball and didn't order the free camera case for my Micro AV - the offer expired January 31st.  Does anyone know of another offer on this case?

Paul
//i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/hankthecrank/NebraskaLogo_1.gif

Offline T_hall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2012, 03:16 PM »
My wife hates the ice shanty, I just discovered this site last month and spent lots of money on new toys thanks to post like these. I would send an email to customer service about your case and see if they will still honor your request. I got the case and it is a nice addition fits my tripod and the camera in there nicely, I still am worried about dropping it down the hole though.

Offline zen_grasshopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:30 PM »
The offer is back and expires in April.  Cabelas has the rebate link on the website.

Jon

Offline Lance Yates

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:13 PM »
What model did you get?

Trent 11,000 mah

Offline icinfool88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 20, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Thanks Zen