The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Fletchers pond.  (Read 1948 times)

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
Fletchers pond.
« on: Aug 20, 2019, 09:44 AM »
I'm planning a trip to fletchers this coming ice season. And looking for advice on when would be better chance of having good fishing. I'm thinking mid January. Any thoughts?

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fletchers pond.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Hsvent fished fletchers in a few years but ive never had any trouble getting to pike and gills... Sometimes a lil trouble fi ding bigger fish but idk if ive ever gotten skunked out there
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Usually is there fishable ice up that way by mid January? Fletchers , Cadillac region?

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Usually but using usually very loosely... Weather is a tricly tramp when it cpmes to ice...

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2019, 02:33 PM »
I know the weather can be hit or miss. I've been to Houghton a few times and last year went to east and west twin lakes. All around the middle of February and thought I'd try a little earlier this year. Deciding between fletchers or Mitchell is a tough call. Sucks being an ice addict living in southern ohio.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2019, 06:45 AM »
Well mitchell has everything fletcher has plus walleye.... But mitchell can be tougher at times so its a toss up

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Would love to catch some walleye. Not interested in keeping but more just to catch some. If I'm around pilgrims village can you get to some areas for walleye if your on foot?

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Would love to catch some walleye. Not interested in keeping but more just to catch some. If I'm around pilgrims village can you get to some areas for walleye if your on foot?

Short answer... yes.  Mitchell and Cadillac.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Mitchell and caddilac both hold walleye in decent numbers... I personally wpuld choose a different lake thats nearby.... Pm me and ill tell ya what it is

Offline CeePac

• IceShanty Rookie
  • You hear what happened to Pluto? That's messed up!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2019, 08:38 AM »
I'm looking at a similar trip to Mitchell Lake or Houghton.  Would it be better to try and fish a private lake (we have to rent a house anyway) up in that area or do you think we'd have our best luck on Mitchell?

I hear Houghton is very shallow - anyone have luck fishing there?

We're from the Detroit area and willing to travel about 3 hours max for this trip at end of January.  Any advice would be helpful on good spots to fish.  Last year we did Tea Lake and have 0 bites....

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I'm looking at a similar trip to Mitchell Lake or Houghton.  Would it be better to try and fish a private lake (we have to rent a house anyway) up in that area or do you think we'd have our best luck on Mitchell?

I hear Houghton is very shallow - anyone have luck fishing there?

We're from the Detroit area and willing to travel about 3 hours max for this trip at end of January.  Any advice would be helpful on good spots to fish.  Last year we did Tea Lake and have 0 bites....

Lakes Mitchell and Cadillac have numerous access points that will produce fish whether your footing it or machine travel - definitely multi-species lakes, but getting to be more of a crappie/bass fishery, IMHO.  End of January / first of February there is usually a fishing tourney that brings a fair number of fishermen onto these lakes - not exactly sure which weekend it will be, but just so you're aware. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.