Author Topic: 230 am still awake what would you do !!!!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
230 am still awake what would you do !!!!
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:57 AM »
pics fixed little rusty lol

was going fishing thurs but didn't know where .. laying in bed wed night ... hmm I should go try to ice a rainbow and cross that off my list ... hmm I could go ice fishing here and cross that off my list too ...
2am im loading my stuff and off for a drive ugh I didn't think this through .......

so after a drive and a slight nap in the truck there I am trudging along sore and tired to start my day of rainbow challenge ... which by the way I hate trout they are evil and frustrate me ... so why would I chose to do this ? it was 2 am it sounded like a good idea to do 3 things ive never done before.

so drilled some holes grabbed my rod and jigged away for about 4 mins when wahm pop there goes my shiney new hook ... hmm its my 6 lb line too ok ...
re tied and about 2 mins later boom and this guy I get to see !!!!
my first rainbow through the ice

suddenly your legs aren't sore you not tired and you have a dire need to go pop a bunch of holes and jump from hole to hole every 2 mins!!!! people don't think its an addiction ! so anyways fished all dam day after and seen a bunch come in but none would hit being the typical frustrating fish they tend to be for me. continued to walk around all my 60ish holes I drilled (ran out of gas or I would have drilled more)    dropped down my little jig flasher lit up red and drag started screaming !!!! he set the hook for me he hit so hard !!!!!
about 3 or 4 mins of coaxing later I get my second ever rainbow !

only 2 fish caught but man what nice prize for all the effort put into this trip

although buy the time I dragged the flip over all the way back to the truck I was sure a dead moose was behind me

little guy was 2.05
and big one was 4.29 a new pb rainbow !!!!! and only the second one ever ice fishing
id go back tonight but now have to work the next 4 :(

what would you do at 230 am and you couldn't sleep

Offline Young Catcher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 230 am still awake what would you do !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014, 12:40 PM »
When got rainbow trout,  always excited.
I never got more than 3 lb rainbow yet.

Congratulations to you.

Good luck next time!

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014, 12:52 PM »
230am, if I'm still up at that time I'm probably unable to drive to the lake!  ;)

That is some serious dedication, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Offline Badgersbunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Last time I couldn't sleep I found myself in the garage ripping apart an old microwave and making a lure dryer with the motor. It turned out good.

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Last time I couldn't sleep I found myself in the garage ripping apart an old microwave and making a lure dryer with the motor. It turned out good.
wouldn't a fan do it justice haha
And so it begins........

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:38 PM »
pics fixed little rusty lol

was going fishing thurs but didn't know where .. laying in bed wed night ... hmm I should go try to ice a rainbow and cross that off my list ... hmm I could go ice fishing here and cross that off my list too ...
2am im loading my stuff and off for a drive ugh I didn't think this through .......

so after a drive and a slight nap in the truck there I am trudging along sore and tired to start my day of rainbow challenge ... which by the way I hate trout they are evil and frustrate me ... so why would I chose to do this ? it was 2 am it sounded like a good idea to do 3 things ive never done before.

so drilled some holes grabbed my rod and jigged away for about 4 mins when wahm pop there goes my shiney new hook ... hmm its my 6 lb line too ok ...
re tied and about 2 mins later boom and this guy I get to see !!!!
my first rainbow through the ice
 (Image removed from quote.)

suddenly your legs aren't sore you not tired and you have a dire need to go pop a bunch of holes and jump from hole to hole every 2 mins!!!! people don't think its an addiction ! so anyways fished all dam day after and seen a bunch come in but none would hit being the typical frustrating fish they tend to be for me. continued to walk around all my 60ish holes I drilled (ran out of gas or I would have drilled more)    dropped down my little jig flasher lit up red and drag started screaming !!!! he set the hook for me he hit so hard !!!!!
about 3 or 4 mins of coaxing later I get my second ever rainbow !
only 2 fish caught but man what nice prize for all the effort put into this trip

although buy the time I dragged the flip over all the way back to the truck I was sure a dead moose was behind me

little guy was 2.05
and big one was 4.29 a new pb rainbow !!!!! and only the second one ever ice fishing
id go back tonight but now have to work the next 4 :(

what would you do at 230 am and you couldn't sleep
Very nice fish congratulations
And so it begins........

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:41 PM »
next time ya go use pk lures...rainbow flutterfish....its a rainbow killer for me for three years.
I am haunted by waters...

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Beauties, Diefenbaker I assume?.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:48 PM »
North by lake X y z lol. But no not dief

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:53 PM »
haha, that's fine, no need to disclose. Where there's fish, I catch them!. Finally getting out tomorrow myself.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2014, 06:20 PM »
nice trout  congrats

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2014, 07:10 PM »
awesome Spoxick!! If I'm still up at that time, I'm usually watching youtube vids on fishing or tying rigs. Or changing a diaper lol!

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Congrats white tail how old? My diaper is gonna be 5 in Jan. I had my time to fish in 2010 when he was born then now.   Still catching up from September and Oct working straight through. Nice paychecks but man the home projects pile up fast. some what caught up so hopefully time for more ice fishing. After all I didn't get the icefish license plate for nothing!!!

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2014, 05:36 AM »
Haha! I've got a 9, 7, 5 and 18 month. My two oldest boys love going fishing so they come regularly, Can't wait to their old enough to do some tournaments!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.