Author Topic: saturday 11 mile  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
saturday 11 mile
« on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I got skunked. Couldn't freakin believe it. First time ever on hardwater. I fished all day long in the rocking chair area. I saw lots of fish and tried lots of different jigs/lures and none of them induced a bite. Lots of oeople left early. I only saw two huts on ice on my way out.

Offline yotepounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: saturday 11 mile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:22 PM »
hambone, its been brutal up there. The fish come in on the flasher but just won't take. Very frustrating. I keep hoping the bite is gonna change. Its happening that way to everyone I talk to. I figured with this little front there would be some real positive posts.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:41 PM »
I went Thursday and fished the cove east of witchers and only saw three pike. Went to the other end of the lake and only managed two 17" stockers right before I was ready to leave. Still better than working.

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Definitely better than working. Has anyone tried Antero or heard anything about the recent bite?

Offline MTNBOYJD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Don't feel bad, you're not the only one to get skunked today. My buddy and I fished 5 hours without a bite. Saw some nice fish and not one showed any interest. We fished Friday evening
and managed one small pike. That's the Mile.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:48 AM »
Definitely better than working. Has anyone tried Antero or heard anything about the recent bite?

Fished it within the last week - see 2x recent antero posts for description of conditions, bite, catch
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:15 PM »
These slow days can only mean one thing, that we are due for some "slay days!"

Offline yotepounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:16 PM »
These slow days can only mean one thing, that we are due for some "slay days!"
[/quote
]true that hambone

Offline golden rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Hambone77, were you in the black hut fishing solo? Think it was a Farbil. We were one of the last groups to leave the area......should have left after lunch,lol.

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2013, 04:51 PM »
No I fish out of an Eskimo pop up and I had my eight year old son with me. It's funny because I told him we might pack it in early and he got mad and said "they are gonna bite around dinner time" so we stayed till dark. Then on the ride home he said "I still had fun even though we didn't catch anything" It's those kind of statements that make me a proud papa.

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:01 PM »
I was out there Sat. as well and it was painfully slow.  Only managed to catch 1 and only had 3 lookers and 3 other swim throughs......  definitly one of my slowest days out there.  Think that was the trend on the lake yesterday.... come 930 it seemed that there wan't a time when there wasn't an auger running from people moving around looking for the fish.   I was fishing out of cross creek.  Lots of people......very little fish.  Weather was beautiful though and as always better than a good day at work.
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:40 PM »
I'll just wait for next summer in the boat- ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline checkers8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 AM »
Iced it Saturday as well. Fished from sun up to 3:30. I only managed two perch and a 8" pike. They were iced between 11:00 and 12:00. My buddy caught his first fish at 2:20. It was a 15" bow. The mile is a cruel mistress at times and this is one of em.
I love that land of winding waters more than all the rest of the world. A man who would not love his father's grave is worse than a wild animal.

Chief Joseph Nez Perce

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.