New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373068 times)

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1410 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:42 PM »
huh thats funny cause i didnt say hyde bay... and know i didnt drive to cooperstown i drove north to theresa past watertown and on the way back drove by guffin and chaumont to check it out. maybe you googled it wrong? :whistle:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1411 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:46 PM »
"The Indian River Lakes system, located on the St. Lawrence River plain in Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties, consists of 18 natural lakes. They range from shallow, highly productive warm water lakes to deep, cold water lakes. The system provides a unique opportunity to fish for a variety of species in a relatively small geographic area."

copy and pasted from nydec website.... think i may have the right thread
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline nascarfango88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1412 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:53 PM »
Has anyone on here been to Perch lake recently? I have not been there in years, but was thinking about hitting it up again.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1413 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:03 AM »
heard that... may have to go check it out sometime. thank you  :)

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1414 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:26 AM »
we were at perch lake saturday. fishin was alittle slow. seems the pickeral are taking over because thats about all we caught besides a good sized small mouth bass. theres 10 to 11 inches of ice and no snow.  :tipup:
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1415 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:19 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

caught this on 6 lb test on my jig pole today in the st lawrence...biggest fish ive ever caught...and i put it right back down the hole after a quick photo opp...took over an hour to ice the dam thing...

Nice job!  I have had a few run  ins like that myself, fun but a waste of time, how many eyes are swimming by you during that battle...  Still fun though!

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1416 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:48 PM »
"The Indian River Lakes system, located on the St. Lawrence River plain in Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties, consists of 18 natural lakes. They range from shallow, highly productive warm water lakes to deep, cold water lakes. The system provides a unique opportunity to fish for a variety of species in a relatively small geographic area."

copy and pasted from nydec website.... think i may have the right thread

You have reached a great achievement. You are better at googling than I.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1417 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:20 PM »
 ::) didnt have to google it i had been there and knew it should have been under this thread.   tight lines my friend  ;)

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1418 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:35 PM »
::) didnt have to google it i had been there and knew it should have been under this thread.   tight lines my friend  ;)

genius

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1419 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:44 PM »
listen i asked a simple question... you were a smart@$% and i returned your attitude.. if you would like to keep this going pm me and we can fight in private... if you wanna get the last word in than thats fine too. im tired of people like you on here trying to make people look stupid for asking a question about something. its not a soap opera and i honestly have better things to do than argue with you because you misunderstood what i was asking which honestly was fair considering i didnt specify hyde LAKE. that was my fault.

now if anyone has any HELPFUL information about the area i would still enjoy getting some and would be very thankful for it.

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1420 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:04 PM »
listen i asked a simple question... you were a smart@$% and i returned your attitude.. if you would like to keep this going pm me and we can fight in private... if you wanna get the last word in than thats fine too. im tired of people like you on here trying to make people look stupid for asking a question about something. its not a soap opera and i honestly have better things to do than argue with you because you misunderstood what i was asking which honestly was fair considering i didnt specify hyde LAKE. that was my fault.

now if anyone has any HELPFUL information about the area i would still enjoy getting some and would be very thankful for it.

"Wheres hyde? Most the people on this north country thread are St. Law county area. "

How is that smart?

Thanks though.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1421 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Google-- hyde Bay Cooperstown NY.

Not northern ny.

???

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1422 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Great entertainment!

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1423 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:16 PM »
thank you fishforpike. so ... a little off topic... or maybe back on lol. hows everyone been doing. we fished down around lakeview today near sandy pond.. i caught a 3 or 4 lb largemouth, some real nice gills and the bf got some nice gills and a decent pike. saw a lot of fish on the camera but man were they finicky! wish i coulda iced half of what i saw, they just didnt wanna bite, tried everything. got a third of a bucket though. man i woulda loved to keep that bass  :(

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1424 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1425 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Black Lake has been relatively "hot".  Probably about time to get into the mid-winter "blues" - "doldrums" - whatever you want to call it when the fish seem to just turn off.  We got about 8" of snow through the day today, that should slow down the car and truck traffic on the lake  ;D
Any time you want to give Black Lake a shot there, bluetickchick, shoot me a PM and I'll try to steer you in a decent direction.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1426 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:56 PM »
thanks! will definately take you up on that sometime.  we got three inches and got sleeted and rained on today fishing. but still a good time.  :tipup:

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1427 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:49 AM »
nice catch!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1428 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Nice, healthy looking eye. Good going. :clap: :flex:

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1429 on: Jan 29, 2013, 12:01 PM »
thats a nice walleye for sure
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1430 on: Jan 29, 2013, 12:03 PM »
nice eye

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1431 on: Jan 29, 2013, 02:38 PM »
sounds like a damn good morning. congrats!!

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1432 on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Black Lake has been relatively "hot".  Probably about time to get into the mid-winter "blues" - "doldrums" - whatever you want to call it when the fish seem to just turn off.  We got about 8" of snow through the day today, that should slow down the car and truck traffic on the lake  ;D
Any time you want to give Black Lake a shot there, bluetickchick, shoot me a PM and I'll try to steer you in a decent direction.

Wow, what a difference, we only got two inches in Redwood, it will all be gone tomorrow though.

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1433 on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:10 PM »
nice eye man
retired let the fishing begin

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1434 on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Anybody on here been up to Lincoln pond this year? Probably going to bring the boys out for some musky fishing on tip ups and then try to tackle some crappie.

Offline TMBWarriors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • walleye
« Reply #1435 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:42 PM »
Congrats on the eye  :)

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1436 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:00 PM »
thanks guys, almost didnt have him, he spit the hook as i was bringin him up..had to stick my arm into the frgn water to grab it..lol, soakd but well worth it...caught a few more eyes, 2 sturgeon and a 12 inch pig perch...all by 9 am...

Glad you got out early? It makes all the difference on the walleyes.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1437 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:40 PM »
nice eye! glad to see you had a good day out there!

Offline tatoice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1438 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:00 PM »
the perch bite was pretty good on eel bay last weekend. 

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1439 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:08 PM »
the perch bite was pretty good on eel bay last weekend.

GREAT!! Have been hoping to hear that. Have our second "guy" trip planned there again in a few weeks with my boys at the cabins there. Got skunked there once early this season. Was hoping to hear better fishing starting there b4 our trip. Hope to keep the kids busy again chasing flags like last year. With any luck the pike will move in now ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.