New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373305 times)

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1380 on: Jan 18, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I think I saw you out there a few times.  If you had that hoodie on in your profile picture, then I deff saw you out there. haha. Next time I will come introduce myself.

Yes do so, just look for the good lookin guy,  Thats me :P 

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1381 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Thank you very much....just looking for a dynamite spot to bring the little ones for some nice eyes.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1382 on: Jan 18, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I was going to say to you guys who keep talking about your good looks that you should start another thread!!! :sick: 

Offline joey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Cold Water Curl!!!
« Reply #1383 on: Jan 19, 2013, 01:18 PM »
In reference to Brandy Brook; Has ANYONE had a decent day with perch there this ice season? Anything under 9'' does not count. Last year was my first year fishing BB and I really was into the jumbos from 1st ice - mid January. The only thing going on there are cigar sized stocker walleye in the half dozen times I've been there thus far. I've only lived in North Country now for a little over a year and maybe last year was a fluke perch wise there but I just can't believe how awful the perch fishing has been there thus far. Either way, I start back for the eyes Monday. Was just wondering if I was the only one striking out there. As for Coles, plenty of micro perch in the 3 hours I put up with that place for.

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1384 on: Jan 20, 2013, 12:35 PM »
We had our first real trip this morning. The boys and I had a great time, we caught a quarter pail of perch, a small largemouth and a 25" chain pick. Let the bass and pick go, bass is out of season and we practice catch and release on game fish (mostly). I would never take them out on suspect ice but thank you for the warning, I will make sure the conditions are ideal before making the hour and fourth five minute drive up lol.

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1385 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:02 PM »
You guys see that guy who's truck sunk in Oneida lake lmfao
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #1386 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:07 PM »
You guys see that guy who's truck sunk in Oneida lake lmfao
It didn't happen on Oneida or in NY.

Offline WailinOnPerch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1387 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Did any ice up there survive the winds??

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1388 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:37 PM »
I would not bring any kids onto Hawkins Point period....  Way too many other places to fish that is a lot safer for kids

Offline Esox on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1389 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Hey ya'll,
    been on site for two years, finally registered... Looking for a fresh report on Cranberry Lake, ADk ice conditions.   Want to go up for a few days n camp on ice n fish for pike.  Enough ice for a snowmachince?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1390 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:42 PM »
now that you have 3 posts you can view the reports and conditions board.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline perchpounder97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never give up.-Mike Iaconelli
« Reply #1391 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Hey guys just a quick piece of advice.......visit chapmans bait in black lake sometime if you get the chance they are great people and the store is awesome. I went in there today for the first time and was really impressed. They even had fin-bor augers!

Offline UpstateNYinCT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1392 on: Jan 21, 2013, 10:40 PM »
How's the ice around Ogdensburg area on the big river?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1393 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:19 AM »
How's the ice around Ogdensburg area on the big river?
Wheathouse is just getting some ice.  Maybe will be some on it this weekend.  I'm sure there will be.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1394 on: Jan 22, 2013, 05:26 AM »
Hey guys just a quick piece of advice.......visit chapmans bait in black lake sometime if you get the chance they are great people and the store is awesome. I went in there today for the first time and was really impressed. They even had fin-bor augers!

and he had 2 piece spuds to for a great price  ;D

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1395 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Walleye are in at Coles Creek which is between Waddington and Massena.  Many people are reporting they are catching up to 9 pounders

Not sure who you been talking to but me and the team have been there everyday, either one or many of us at a time and there has been very few keepers out there in the last 2 weeks, To say "they are in" is kinda leading people on, I have seen literally 20 or so men leave the ice on a daily basis without a single fish.  Can they be caught ?  YES but they are far and few apart at this stage, the big rush was first ice , as always it's good then peders out just like it has , just like EVERY year for the last 25 years!  There is much better spots then coles for Walleye...Just saying

Offline UpstateNYinCT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1396 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:15 AM »
Thanks guys hoping for trip up to the big river in the next month or so.  I have access to some other areas for main river pike that I would love to try out.

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1397 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Not sure who you been talking to but me and the team have been there everyday, either one or many of us at a time and there has been very few keepers out there in the last 2 weeks, To say "they are in" is kinda leading people on, I have seen literally 20 or so men leave the ice on a daily basis without a single fish.  Can they be caught ?  YES but they are far and few apart at this stage, the big rush was first ice , as always it's good then peders out just like it has , just like EVERY year for the last 25 years!  There is much better spots then coles for Walleye...Just saying

Glad someone called that out.....Coles and Brandy are very poor spots to catch walleye that are legal. First ice I was there and it was good, the very next day coles was dead

Offline Kevin76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1398 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Any one have info on crystal lake or clear lake ??? Thinking of trying there this weekend

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #1399 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:54 PM »
Will be on red lake tomorrow
Just enjoying life

Offline detriotwings

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1400 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:10 PM »
coles creek is hit and miss for eyes,ive seen good bites after dark

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1401 on: Jan 24, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Anyone been fishing around the colton/potsdam area? wondering how the ice is, but i'd imagine its gotta be walkable possible wheeler ready by now with all this cold. I want to bring a friend who's never been this weekend.
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1402 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Anyone been fishing around the colton/potsdam area? wondering how the ice is, but i'd imagine its gotta be walkable possible wheeler ready by now with all this cold. I want to bring a friend who's never been this weekend.

Colton is prob. good, have not seen much ice in Potsdam yet....

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1403 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:08 AM »
I would not bring any kids onto Hawkins Point period....  Way too many other places to fish that is a lot safer for kids

All I know of Hawkins point was good fishing, did not know the dangers that lurked up there. Like I said prior, I would make damn sure I was going on safe ice if I was traveling 2hrs up there. We can continue to talk about fishing and not about who would go where with their children.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1404 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:20 AM »
made our first trip up north and fished hyde a few weeks ago and seemed as though everyone we talked to had tried to steer us more toward red. since we are kinda new to that area i was wondering if someone that fishes those areas could inbox me and give me some info about pros and cons of each place. which are better for jigging and which are better for tip ups and such. only going to make a few trips up this year. so not trying to invade or anything lol. i appreciate it if anyone would offer some friendly tips. if not thats fine too. with the price of gas and bait it would just be nice to know where the most productive places are.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1405 on: Jan 27, 2013, 03:17 PM »
made our first trip up north and fished hyde a few weeks ago and seemed as though everyone we talked to had tried to steer us more toward red. since we are kinda new to that area i was wondering if someone that fishes those areas could inbox me and give me some info about pros and cons of each place. which are better for jigging and which are better for tip ups and such. only going to make a few trips up this year. so not trying to invade or anything lol. i appreciate it if anyone would offer some friendly tips. if not thats fine too. with the price of gas and bait it would just be nice to know where the most productive places are.

Wheres hyde? Most the people on this north country thread are St. Law county area.

Offline twodogs02

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is that battery failure?
« Reply #1406 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Spent the weekend on Chaumont and nailed the perch.  It is nice to drill and find 7-12 inches of ice.  I lost an ice creeper at the state launch I think, if anyone found it I can describe.  Thanks. 2 dogs

Also, the bait at the hardware store is great and one scoop of perch minnows gets you 60-70 minnows.

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1407 on: Jan 27, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Wheres hyde? Most the people on this north country thread are St. Law county area.

part of indian river lakes jefferson county. saw something about red lake on here so i thought maybe this might cover those lakes as well. pretty sure most of them are in theresa.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1408 on: Jan 27, 2013, 06:32 PM »

Google -   ;D

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1409 on: Jan 27, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Google -   ;D

Google-- hyde Bay Cooperstown NY.

Not northern ny.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.