New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373302 times)

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1230 on: Dec 26, 2012, 07:51 AM »
;D Got the Otter Pro Cabin (full insulated model (ice blue camo).  Two man (one and 1/2 of me.  Just a little bigger and a little heavier than the one from last year.  The boys are all set for shelters now - so I can keep this one, if I like it.  Don't know if I like the seats in it - I may have to do a redesign on that part.
See ya soon.

I was thinking the same thing

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1231 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Chapmans reported 1-4" on black. Gotta be careful. I'm headed to check moon and mud today... Can't take it anymore...   ;D no reports from loti yet...

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1232 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:33 AM »
what about perch?  also moon lake had three inches on it the other day!!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline ShaneO19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1233 on: Dec 26, 2012, 10:37 AM »
;D It ain't on the ground yet!  I'll stick by my idea that the weather channel, and others, sensationalize the predictions and talk about the worst case scenario.  We may get it, but not very likely.
Anyways, I'll be in my garage tonight putting the tracks on my wheeler.  ;D

I can pretty much guarantee that Black Lake will get at least 1 ft of snow from this storm and potentially quite a bit more. I went to Oswego for meteorology for awhile and have been studying the weather for my whole life so I get excited about snow storms and significant weather events. It does suck though that this is coming just as the ice is building and starting to become fishable. Hopefully the wind will blow much of this off and it wont hurt too much.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1234 on: Dec 26, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Anybody been by loti yet?

checked it out yesterday.  Walked about 10 ft. then turned around.  crack, crack, crack, crack--- that was enough.

Offline sergeantworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1235 on: Dec 26, 2012, 02:24 PM »
Did a drive about today, found an average of 1 to 2 inches (varied) at Hyde, LOTI, butterfield, and red. None safe. There were some folks out on moon, but I let that one be because it gets crowded very fast. Goose was 21/2 - 3 1/2 inch. Was out there for about an hour or two, it was very shallow. Much more than I remember it being. Anyway, its looking better but the snow could screw it up for us! We will see..

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1236 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Did a drive about today, found an average of 1 to 2 inches (varied) at Hyde, LOTI, butterfield, and red. None safe. There were some folks out on moon, but I let that one be because it gets crowded very fast. Goose was 21/2 - 3 1/2 inch. Was out there for about an hour or two, it was very shallow. Much more than I remember it being. Anyway, its looking better but the snow could screw it up for us! We will see..

Anywhere on the river is going to be alot shallower than you remember this year, water levels way down, I have never seen them this low.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1237 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:28 PM »
I heard perch had an inch or two on it. I spent a few hours on eel bay today with about 2.5 to 3" of good ice. Was crackling a bit but not to nerve racking as there was only about 2' of water. Really low... Cured the itch though. Only saw one perch on the ice. Felt good to get out finally...  ;D

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1238 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:42 PM »
How much snow was on Eel

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1239 on: Dec 26, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Heard some people were out fishing Coles creek today. Anyone check out the ice there?? Plan on driving around tomorrow looking for at least 3 in.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1240 on: Dec 26, 2012, 05:22 PM »
How much snow was on Eel

Maybe two or three inches.... Real cold real shallow...

Offline perchpounder97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never give up.-Mike Iaconelli
« Reply #1241 on: Dec 26, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Hey for you guys that have been around a long time and the guys that fish eel bay a lot.........how much is this low water going to effect us. I've only fished eel bay 1 time but I really liked it and I'm just wondering what you guys are predicting is going to happen. I guess im just wondering about all of the shallow water bays on lake Ontario because I haven't experienced a year yet with water this low and am just looking for some input from some one who may have seen a season like this before.

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1242 on: Dec 26, 2012, 06:29 PM »
I had really good luck in 2 fow last season while fishing Eel Bay

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1243 on: Dec 26, 2012, 06:32 PM »
I hole hopped all over and didn't see anything in most holes... Maybe if the snow doesn't kill it ill try and get out a little further this weekend... Should be good if the wind keeps the snow off... It was blowing hard today...

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1244 on: Dec 26, 2012, 07:33 PM »
I hole hopped all over and didn't see anything in most holes... Maybe if the snow doesn't kill it ill try and get out a little further this weekend... Should be good if the wind keeps the snow off... It was blowing hard today...

Took a ride over there yesterday to scout the ice in both places. Didn't see tracks on eel so I didn't go on it.  Hopefully the wind doesn't trash the ice as it seemed like it stretched out a good ways. . .  Same thing at LOTI only I did walk on that for a good ten feet- launch was sketchy at best as only two steps were taken before an abrupt turn around.  Pressure ridge is back in the same place so if anyone is going there and it's covered with snow, be careful if you don't know where your going.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1245 on: Dec 26, 2012, 07:42 PM »
Heard some people were out fishing Coles creek today. Anyone check out the ice there?? Plan on driving around tomorrow looking for at least 3 in.
Brandy brook has good ice so coles must be close to being fishable.......hopeful ly the snow blows off the ice....
Budweiser pro staff

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1246 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:54 PM »
I can pretty much guarantee that Black Lake will get at least 1 ft of snow from this storm and potentially quite a bit more. I went to Oswego for meteorology for awhile and have been studying the weather for my whole life so I get excited about snow storms and significant weather events. It does suck though that this is coming just as the ice is building and starting to become fishable. Hopefully the wind will blow much of this off and it wont hurt too much.
Time will tell - it still ain't coming down yet - and - I studied weather a bit my self  - used to do some flying  ;)  The models show the possibility bit like I said, it ain't here yet.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1247 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:56 PM »
its snowing hard in CNY utica area we got 5 inches in the past couple hours
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1248 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:33 PM »
hopefully it stops soon but winter is here !!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1249 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Yep getting pounded here in Mexico...already different than last year...will be the second run of the snowblower tomorrow, only ran it twice last year...

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1250 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Getting hit pretty good right now just south of the ADK's

Hopefully the wind keeps up.

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1251 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:58 PM »
Looking to get out this weekend, but this snow doesn't help. Utica area is getting nailed right now. Any reports of good ice in the Adirondacks? Durant? Adirondack Lake?
Pete

Offline builderone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1252 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Gouverneur area is starting to get it pretty good now.  >:(

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1253 on: Dec 27, 2012, 05:04 AM »
Time will tell - it still ain't coming down yet - and - I studied weather a bit my self  - used to do some flying  ;)  The models show the possibility bit like I said, it ain't here yet.
>:( Time is here and so is the storm.  8" and it is coming.  Will have to see what the totals are and what the lake looks like later in the day.  When it lets up. I'm doing a little scouting for Friday AM.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1254 on: Dec 27, 2012, 05:45 AM »
Phil your reports are always great, thanks!  I am still 3-4 weeks away from ice fishing but I am just as excited watching how it is all coming together...

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1255 on: Dec 27, 2012, 06:10 AM »
I hope to fish somewhere this weekend.  who didnt get snow lol.

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1256 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Oneida county delta/Oneida lakes got pounded!!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1257 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:41 AM »
We got pounded here in Cranberry, probably 16inches of powder since 9:00pm last night. still snowin but wont accumulate as much...but probably another 6 inches by the end of the day I'm guessing.

This really hurts the ice. This is the second dumping we have gotten in the last week or so

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1258 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:44 AM »
my area ended up with about a foot of snow maybe plus/minus a little
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #1259 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:46 AM »
10" here and still coming down :'(  So much for fishing this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.