New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373058 times)

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #690 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Nice fish LastCast69, how big were the pike?

I was gonna fish tomorrow but with the wind and rain, might wait a day til the top hardens up again. I don't have class until 2pm Tuesdays and no class Thursdays, so if any of you guys that fish during the week wanna meet up, PM me I'm game. I have my own gear just enjoy some company on the ice, especially up here because i could learn a thing or two about chasing the toothy critters. Will report at end of the week, Tight lines fellas!
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #691 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:31 PM »
about 30". caught 4 on sunday all that size.  the skinnier one had a big perch in its stomach. i took it out to look at it and it was still alive! pretty crazy

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #692 on: Jan 24, 2012, 02:38 AM »
Haven't been able to fish in a while. Going on a 3 day trip for brother Thor's birthday. Setting up camp on shore and staying out the whole time. Should be interesting.... Won't have any cell service for 3 days no outside contact this is gonna be wild!!!! Good luck everyone, I'll post pics when I return home, if I return home hahahah. Craig slay some walleyes for me!! Clint hope you tear **** up on vacation, I know you will!! I'm so excited woo!!
It really is great to hear that there is people just as crazy as i am and wanna stay for days out ice fishing. Went 5 wholes days out there only talking to the couple that lived there on the island. Lol they were awesome and they told me where he gets em every spring, they're there in the winter too. Have a fun time guys
Tight lines. Ice 'em and be safe

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #693 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:13 AM »
where ya heading for this trip?

Offline thetrigger22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #694 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:11 AM »

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #695 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:20 AM »
wow thats a nice tiger!!

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #696 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:24 AM »
that is one nice tiger musky! coincidentally...its a state record by 11oz if that guy didnt know...or ice fishing world record instead
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #697 on: Jan 24, 2012, 12:36 PM »
That is a beauty of a Tiger, if anyone knows more on if it is confirmed to be the new record please post.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #698 on: Jan 24, 2012, 12:53 PM »
can anyone confirm if they still stock round lake, lincoln pond, bartlett pond, or durant lake????

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #699 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:04 PM »
that is one nice tiger musky! coincidentally...its a state record by 11oz if that guy didnt know...or ice fishing world record instead
So how do they verify the record fish?  Seems NY is "the" place for big tigers.
2009 Otisco Lake  http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/52312.html

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #700 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:36 PM »
So how do they verify the record fish?  Seems NY is "the" place for big tigers.
2009 Otisco Lake  http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/52312.html

has to be a certified scale, measurements and girth should be taken as well, along with a photo of the fish with those measurements and weight on scale, if the fish was kept it could easily be taken to a place with a certified scale, DEC offices probably have them. If that fish is 28lbs which it looks like it if not bigger, then it is the new ice fishing world record/state record, but only for ice fishing, ny has some 30+lbers in open water. cool to see one come out of the st.lawrence and its head waters, dont know how often they are stocked there.
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #701 on: Jan 24, 2012, 03:07 PM »

I saw a huge Tiger Come out of Oneida last season . 43 inches only one I have ever seen but boy oh boy was it a beautifull fish  ;D

Offline phishn704

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #702 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I know Auger Lake is private, we own a camp there. Just checking to see if anyone has been there fishing this winter yet.  We are having a wkd trip up to the lake

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #703 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Im looking to drive up to Massena in the morning, Id like to try fishing off Robert Moses st park any info on ice conditions or where to launch from? Im thinking that I should be able to walk right out from the boat launch?

Offline Dorrski12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #704 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:03 PM »
very nice tiger
I'd rather be ice fishing

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #705 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Great day on Black lake -
 ;D

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #706 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:08 PM »
nice haul
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #707 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:09 PM »
thats a tasty pile ya got there phil

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #708 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Great catch.
Tight lines. Ice 'em and be safe

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #709 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:34 PM »
nice eyes Phil ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #710 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Im looking to drive up to Massena in the morning, Id like to try fishing off Robert Moses st park any info on ice conditions or where to launch from? Im thinking that I should be able to walk right out from the boat launch?

Ah No You can not walk right out from the boat launch unless you have a date with death ::)

Robert Moses is a place your better off going with someone who knows it a little bit.  That at times is one of the most dangerous places that I have fished. There is heavy current and in some places back curent , if the ice is solid then OK but if it is shaky, there will be no saving someone there.  Try to get someone else who knows something to go with you to atleast give you the low down.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #711 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Ah No You can not walk right out from the boat launch unless you have a date with death ::)

Robert Moses is a place your better off going with someone who knows it a little bit.  That at times is one of the most dangerous places that I have fished. There is heavy current and in some places back curent , if the ice is solid then OK but if it is shaky, there will be no saving someone there.  Try to get someone else who knows something to go with you to atleast give you the low down.

x2.... Be careful with unfamiliar water. Specially in this area. The fishing is garbage there this year anyway.

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #712 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:47 AM »
Thanks gentlemen, i will be sticking to more familiar territory for the time being.

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #713 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:47 AM »
Nice haul FFP! 
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #714 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:52 AM »
x2.... Be careful with unfamiliar water. Specially in this area. The fishing is garbage there this year anyway.
I assume you guys are talking about the back flow area from the foot of the power dam back to the dyke that includes Robinson and Pollys Bays?
Sometime when someone is headed there, I would like a little "tour".  I would like to give it a shot some time.  ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #715 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:36 AM »
looks like the lessons with old fillet paid off ! Great haul Phil ! ;D

Offline Burning Beard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #716 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:45 AM »
I am headed up to Franklin Falls for the weekend tomorrow morning from NJ and was wondering about the recent mild weather and rain and it's effect on the flow.  Has anyone been by there in the past few days or does anyone think there may be a potential hazard crossing the areas where the river flows through pond?  Our camp is on the other side and we need to cross the flow to get there.  Our plan is to quad across.  Think we are safe?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #717 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:35 AM »
is it possible to fish aiger lake? that is right next to the northway, correct?

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #718 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I am headed up to Franklin Falls for the weekend tomorrow morning from NJ and was wondering about the recent mild weather and rain and it's effect on the flow.  Has anyone been by there in the past few days or does anyone think there may be a potential hazard crossing the areas where the river flows through pond?  Our camp is on the other side and we need to cross the flow to get there.  Our plan is to quad across.  Think we are safe?

Enjoy the mercury fish, I'm oretty sure the ice is solid it doesn't get as warm in that neck of the woods
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #719 on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:12 AM »
meant auger lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.