New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373288 times)

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #420 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:43 PM »
;D  Folks' definition and understanding of "Upstate", "Central", "Southern", "Western", "Northern", "North Country", "etc." in NY always puzzles me.

Anyways, up here in the "North Country" of NY we got ICE  ;D

Don't really understand how my asking about what BB stood for has sparked this ....what is considered "upstate...north country...northern NY...whatever you want to call it discussion??  I simply asked what BB stood for since on the Oneida lake thread (which is a lake I am close to) BB is Big Bay.  I simply stated that knowing that this is the Northern NY thread....and Oneida lake isn't in "Northern NY" ....that you guys were obviously not talking about BB on Oneida lake and I was interested to find out what BB you were refering to.

FISHFORPIKE....I never even said North Country in my post???  Simply listed the name of the thread "Northern NY"

Wasn't trying to stir up stuff.

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #421 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:56 PM »
false alarm, the 20+ lber turned into a 14lb 9oz, impressive none the less. going there tomorrow. ;D
Dont know how much of you follow the FLW tour but Scott Martin, (Rolands son) Is hosting the Scott Martin Challenge tv show on Saranac Lake coming up soon.  Just thought some folks would be interested to see that, must be NY is finally on the map!

PS- sorry if its off topic but it is Northern NY
which saranac lake, gotta be lower its the only one with walleyes in it I am pretty sure.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #422 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:02 PM »
Not sure which Saranac but it is for bass.  Sorry didnt clarify not the the FLW Walleye circuit.  He is also doing a show on Champlain too.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #423 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Don't really understand how my asking about what BB stood for has sparked this ....what is considered "upstate...north country...northern NY...whatever you want to call it discussion??  I simply asked what BB stood for since on the Oneida lake thread (which is a lake I am close to) BB is Big Bay.  I simply stated that knowing that this is the Northern NY thread....and Oneida lake isn't in "Northern NY" ....that you guys were obviously not talking about BB on Oneida lake and I was interested to find out what BB you were refering to.

FISHFORPIKE....I never even said North Country in my post???  Simply listed the name of the thread "Northern NY"

Wasn't trying to stir up stuff.
You don't have to - I was just answering and stirring at the same time -  ;)  Just find it interesting.

Offline icepike26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #424 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Oh so many different choices for the mighty st lawrence, which place should I choose for tomorrow ;D ;D ;D
FRABILL RANGER XL TWIN FLIPOVER
ARCTIC ARMOR PLUS SUIT
BAFFIN ARCTIC SERIES BOOTS 
ESKIMO AUGER
HT HUSKY WOODEN TIP UPS
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500HO
BUDDY HEATER
ICE HUNTER SERIES 24" ULTRA-LIGHT COMBO
ICE HUNTER SERIES 26" MEDIUM COMBO

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #425 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Dont know how much of you follow the FLW tour but Scott Martin, (Rolands son) Is hosting the Scott Martin Challenge tv show on Saranac Lake coming up soon.  Just thought some folks would be interested to see that, must be NY is finally on the map!

PS- sorry if its off topic but it is Northern NY

i havn't followed it much since the flw has changed and my bud dropped out but scott is an awesome  fishermen , hears my buds you might know them , NNYI one of the best times i ever had that was in Port Clinton Ohio

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #426 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Thats a nice stringer there!  Some good eats.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #427 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:47 AM »
Thats a nice stringer there!  Some good eats.

thanks, but it was a hard bite jigged 4-5 footers,  was rough that whole week but it was worth it , and they were tastey

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #428 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:53 AM »
Oh so many different choices for the mighty st lawrence, which place should I choose for tomorrow ;D ;D ;D
Let me know how you are doing.  Back to Black Lake today.  Still searching.  ;D

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #429 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:56 AM »
hitting a big pike lake today  :tipup:
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #430 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:59 AM »

I hear ya buddy!! Finally some choices. 5/6 of my spots for mega donk pike are good to go. I'll keep you all updated. Good luck!! And fishforpike keep me updated on black lake too!! Nypike, 20+ pounder that's crazy!!! Get the inside scoop on that yet???

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #431 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:20 AM »
I hear ya buddy!! Finally some choices. 5/6 of my spots for mega donk pike are good to go. I'll keep you all updated. Good luck!! And fishforpike keep me updated on black lake too!! Nypike, 20+ pounder that's crazy!!! Get the inside scoop on that yet???
ya, it was 14 something, I think 14lb 9 oz. I am going to that lake today.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #432 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:22 AM »
Nice that's a good pike. Hope you get a big'n

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #433 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Nearly 8" out of Rollaway this afternoon.

Was this near the channel?   :o 
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #434 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Heading to Black Lake on Saturday.  Can anyone tell me what the best way to access Black Bay is?  First time there on ice.  Thanks.

As far as I know, there is no public access near there.  It is all private lands and camps. 
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline beavercreekoutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #435 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Thanks jascpa

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #436 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:31 AM »

So you gunna bring me to the ole mighty St. Lawrence with ya this year?  ;D

Offline stevoxc700

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slinging on the north shore
« Reply #437 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:41 AM »
went to tupper lake yesterday drilled over 30 holes any where between 5-8 inches hit two spots with only3 inches....perch where hitting all day alot of nice ones a couple northern here and there but no walleyes  >:( headed back up tomorrow maybe try a few different lakes in search of the eyes

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #438 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Damn you Northerners lol, reading these post really make me want to head home or at least half way and chase some gators, my buddy just sent me a txt that our pike hole has solid ice and he was just about ot drill it up. Dirty son of a B......
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #439 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:28 AM »
i havn't followed it much since the flw has changed and my bud dropped out but scott is an awesome  fishermen , hears my buds you might know them , NNYI one of the best times i ever had that was in Port Clinton Ohio

(Image removed from quote.)

Great shot Freddy!! Those are some pretty prestigious folks your hangin with there!! I love that you have the biggest eye in the group!! ;)
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #440 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Was this near the channel?   :o
In the channel.

Offline icepike26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #441 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Let me know how you are doing.  Back to Black Lake today.  Still searching.  ;D
Doing well on the perch, haven't really got into the pike yet, here's todays catch
wait there's more  ;D

End result 50 keepers!!

FRABILL RANGER XL TWIN FLIPOVER
ARCTIC ARMOR PLUS SUIT
BAFFIN ARCTIC SERIES BOOTS 
ESKIMO AUGER
HT HUSKY WOODEN TIP UPS
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500HO
BUDDY HEATER
ICE HUNTER SERIES 24" ULTRA-LIGHT COMBO
ICE HUNTER SERIES 26" MEDIUM COMBO

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #442 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:30 PM »

thanks Ice Addict 

nice perch icepike 26

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #443 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:39 PM »

Here's some walleye i caught on the raquette river. Biggest one 23 inches 3 pounds

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #444 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Nice fish everyone, man i love being off school but icant wait to go back so i don't have to drive 3 hrs to fish haha. Back to the 'dam next weekend to start another 'joyous' semester ::)
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #445 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Nice fish everyone, man i love being off school but icant wait to go back so i don't have to drive 3 hrs to fish haha. Back to the 'dam next weekend to start another 'joyous' semester ::)
Enjoy it while you can...once your out and have a job it seems that your spare time is lost.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #446 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Ive never ice fished the raquette before...can anyone point me in a general direction wouldnt mind some northern or eyes? pm me if ya must, not looking to crowd ya, just want to take my little boy out. thanks
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #447 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:22 PM »
http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/55789.html Great info here Jclair good luck brother  @)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #448 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Some of today's catch.  Getting in tune. ;)

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #449 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Ive never ice fished the raquette before...can anyone point me in a general direction wouldnt mind some northern or eyes? pm me if ya must, not looking to crowd ya, just want to take my little boy out. thanks

Hard to find pike and walleyes on the raquette at a decent rate honestly. I know the whole system well due to it being my home water, and my dads, and grandfathers before him. I'd stick to the st. Lawrence with the kids. Safer ice and more consistent fishing, usually..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.