Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607639 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16050 on: Jun 16, 2019, 04:47 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads here on the Shanty!   :thumbsup:
  61* here this am, like Jeff mentioned more rain on tap for the day....calling for about an inch again, Doh!

Jeff...that really sucks about your shoulder pains continuing, sure hope they can figure out what the heck is causing it!! Hope you can get some answers tomorrow. Have a great day today with the family and grandchildren, wish the boys a Happy Fathers Day for me.   :thumbsup: 
  Bud...that was a lot of flipping on the grill, must have had a big crowd yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...agreed, the ticks have been brutal here as well this year, never expected to see so many in the concrete jungle I work at...that was a first. 
  Tom...glad you got all your meds taken care of, hope you had a nice time with your son and DIL yesterday!   :thumbsup: 
  Wally...safe travels back home, hope the trip back is problem free.   :thumbsup:

Meeting up with a few family members for breakfast with my Mom this am, most of the kids will be by for an early afternoon dinner....good old spaghetti and meatballs...won’t be grilling today, lol.
  The garden is coming along pretty good, garlic is almost ready, cucumbers are starting to climb, but some things are still pretty slow yet however. Just need some sunshine to stick around I guess.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16051 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. Supposed to be a cloudy and rainy day. My wife is working today. The people at her work have been great to us thru the move and everything. We have been very Blessed.

Mason Eddie, Spaghetti and meatballs sound like a awesome dinner. Nothing better then fresh Garlic.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully you can see your surgeon soon.

IFF, I wish the tire carriers were like the old style where you crawled under the truck and beat the nut to spin and the tire fell on you.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Safe travels to those visiting family.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16052 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads !!!!!

Eddie....enjoy the visit with your mom.

IW.....hope you can get to see the surgeon tomorrow.

IFF.....nothing like a good old fashion burger and dog cook out!!

WS.....looking forward to your report today.

Heading back home later today, not looking forward to the traffic  :-\

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16053 on: Jun 16, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's.

60* and cloudy this morning.
WW, safe travels today. You can never tell what the traffic will be like this time of year.

Eddie, we are just sharing the ticks with the "city folk". Why should we keep them all out in the "sticks". The DEC does have big flat bottom barge but I haven't seen it on the water yet this year. They will pick up trees that have their roots stuck on bottom. The garden sounds like it is coming along fine.

Daughter and her BF are coming up the aftenoon.

Well, I fished the contest yesterday, and I fished and fished.... I caught 4 walleyes and only one keeper and I knew that wasn't a money fish. It got very windy late morning and didn't get any better. The wife said my cousin called and was in 2nd place at the time. I am sure he was bass fishing. Talked to 4 guys coming in at the launch and they said they did very well on spinners but no money fish. They said the biggest walleye was 19 inches.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16054 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

As others have said Happy Fathers Day to all the IS Dads :thumbsup:

IW very sorry to see you are having shoulder pain, I sure hope you can get some answers.

WW hope you are having an excellent time, drive safe on your return trip :thumbsup:

Eddie enjoy the day with your family sir :thumbsup: Hope you get some sun for the garden.

We decided to pack it in yesterday morning. We awoke to rain on Friday morning and checked out the local radar. One said that the rain was mostly past, the other said there was lot more to come ??? We finally decided to give it a try on one of my favorite musky lakes. After getting the boat uncovered and driving the 12 miles, the wind and a light drizzle started. As we left the access heading to where we wanted to go the rain started coming down hard. The temperature was around 49-50 and it felt cold. By the time we started fishing the girls were shivering and we were all soaked even though we all had full rain gear on.

We stuck it out for about 4 1/2 hours and finally decided we had had enough. We went back to the cabin and gathered up all our wet clothes and went into town to the local laundromat.  By the time we returned to the cabin it felt good to keep the heat cranked. Around 7pm the rain stopped and we went to one of the close lakes and fished until dark. My wife caught a couple of small pike and that was it. Friday nigh the rain returned around 11pm and when we got up Saturday it was still coming down hard. That's when we figured enough.

One highlight of Friday night was a camp bear around midnight. There were signs saying not to leave garbage out, which we didn't. However the guys that stayed just before us had thrown food outside and the 1 garbage can was half full :cookoo: We stayed up watching, getting a glimpse of the brute digging around under the faint light from a yard light.

Yesterday was spent returning home and getting everything dried out and put away. We had a good time under the conditions, but as far as the fishing went, it couldn't have been much worse.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16055 on: Jun 16, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Good morning Happy Fathers day to all the dads here on Ice Shanty. We had some rain over night believe weather guessers are calling for more to come later today. The last forecast I saw for this coming week has chance of rain almost everyday. My guess about rain this past Friday was wrong had a pleasant sunny day.
IFF congratulations on the walleyes. I hope the store had a good sales day and folks did not just come for the hot dogs and burgers. May you find time and help to fix spare tire problem.
Icefisher-45 happy you finally have a date for the MRI. May Monday's injections not be to painful and help the headaches.
Eddie guessing the ticks maybe in the soil used in planters not to surprised by your finding them other wildlife such as deer,raccoons and coyotes have been sighted at time in NYC. Hope you fond your Mom in good spirits this morning. Enjoy the Spaghetti and Meatball dinner with the kids and grandchildren hope soon you can use garlic from your garden in the tomato sauce or for garlic bread.
Wallyworld may you have a safe trip home without many traffic delays. I'm Guessing your grandchildren's school year starts some time in August for them to be finished for the year already believe last day for most districts in my area is June 26TH.
Tom Turkey glad you were able to get the metaformin. Hope you had a nice evening with your son and DIL. May the weather allow you to get the pontoon launched soon.
Ice Wanderer sorry to hear about the shoulder hope you are not headed for more surgery. Have a good day with your sons and grandchildren if any are visiting you today.
Hunts2long congrats on the walleye may your cousin have finished the contest among the money winners. Have a good afternoon with your daughter and her boyfriend.
Whopper Stopper sorry the weather cut your trip short still had some unexpected excitement between the fire and bear. Might be time to inspect the rain gear and see if a new application of sealer to any seams corrects problem or if it is time to purchase new gear. Best to you tomorrow at your pre-opp. appointment.

Everyone have a safe and good Fathers Day. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16056 on: Jun 16, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Happy fathers day too all
Bob P.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16057 on: Jun 16, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Good Morning ER's and Happy Fathers Day to all Dads. WS wow you and the ladies really went all out  sticking it out for those 41/2 hours. IW hope your results come soon. Ifound a nice buy on some stuff at a garage sale- a fenwick hmg rod , a flueger trion reel and a abu cardinal reel all in mint shape 20 bucks. I might have to go back today. I've been out 2 more times got the striped kitty then some small small fish.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16058 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Next weekend there is another event planned, bet the usual crowd is going to be disappointed, no grill but a "Food Truck", which if they want to chew on something they will have to break out the folding money  ::) :whistle:

took off a couple hours early to meet up with the kids for the Dad's day dinner.  Yup golden coral, and ate to much lol
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16059 on: Jun 17, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  59* and cloudy this am, going to see some sun today  :thumbsup:, high of 76.

Bud... glad you took the time off to meet up with the family, work will always be there!   :thumbsup:
  OG...very nice find at the garage sale, did you go back for seconds?   :clap:
  Steve...looking forward to harvesting some garlic, first time for growing that.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...sorry to read about the weather screwing up your trip, that sucks, way to go sticking it out as long as you could though!  :thumbsup:  Considering another trip to that cabin this season?
  H2...glad you got out there and joined in the contest, that front coming through probably messed up the bite. What ended up winning the contest?
  Wally... hope the ride back home went smoothly, the rain was coming down pretty good all day here.   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope you had a good day yesterday, best wishes with the injections today Sir!   :thumbsup:

Had a nice day with the family and visit with my Mom yesterday. The weather conditions were pretty crappy, but we made the best of it.
  Hope everyone had a great weekend!   :thumbsup:    Back to the marble again today.....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16060 on: Jun 17, 2019, 04:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 53* and clear on my hill with a nice day ahead. ::)
                            Eddie.........I'm glad to read that you all had a good day together as a family. :thumbsup:
                            Marv..........The girls are tough, it would be hard for me to stick it out for 4 1/2 hours being cold and went. Way to go, :clap: :bow: It must
                   have been fun watching the bear. :roflmao:
                           Wally...........I hope your ride home was trouble free. :thumbsup:
                           Bud.............I think taking time off to spend with the family was a good idea. :thumbsup:
                           I-45............Good luck with the shots today. :clap:
                           H2l.............I'm glad you got out on the lake a joined the contest. :clap:
                           Steve..........I'll wait to see what the surgeon says but I think it might have to be another surgery? ???
                           Yesterday afternoon we went to #2 son's for Fathers Day dinner, Clams, Kielbasi, Corn on the cob and potatoes was dinner with Shrimp, cheese
                    and crackers, and some Brie cheese for appetizers. What a meal.
                           PT today and my wife's mother and my wife's daughter are coming for a few days.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW   

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16061 on: Jun 17, 2019, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like the sun might be coming out this morning. Have my Botox injections this afternoon. My poor wife is sleeping in this morning.

IFF, that’s good you got to get away and spend some time with your family.

Mason Eddie, Good that you had a good visit with your mom and a good day with the family.

Old Goat, Great deal at the yard sale. Hope you got to get out yesterday.

Whopper Stopper, I’m sorry the weather cut your trip short.

Hunts2long, i’m Sorry the fish weren’t cooperating yesterday. Hope your cousin did well.

Wally World, Hope you had a safe trip home.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you get to see the surgeon today and their able to figure out what’s wrong.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16062 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:19 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

53 heading to the mid 70's today, a chance of rain this afternoon

Eddie sounds like a nice day with family yesterday :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a good day with the marble. The girls actually checked to see if there were any other openings for the cabin this summer and there weren't. It looks like it was a one time thing for this year.

IW I sure hope you don't need to go through surgery again, best of luck to you on that :thumbsup: Wow! what a spread at #2's house, that had to be fun :thumbsup: Yep the girls are a team that's for sure, when they are with there is a full time banter.

WW hope your ride home went well :thumbsup:

mr.clean I don't think there is anything wrong with our rain gear, if we were dressed in full bubble wrap it would have seeped in some how. Between the wind and driving wind even our socks were soaked and we had rubber boots on that went up almost to our knees  :cookoo:

45 hope the injections help, good luck :thumbsup:

First thing this morning is my pre-op. Not sure what I will do after that. I got behind on a few things due to our trip so I will spend time outside.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16063 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Whopper Stopper, Good luck with your pre op today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16064 on: Jun 17, 2019, 06:51 AM »
59* and some sun.
Had a great Fathers Day. They grilled steaks out in the rain. They were very good and I didn't have to do it.

My cousin got knocked out of the money at the last minute. Heard that 19" was the biggest walleye. The GSLFF still hasn't updated their Website. I think they do most of it on that FB thing. I don't do FB very much. My cousin did say one fishermen had money fish in walleye, bass and trout.

IW, have fun with your house guest and good luck with the doctors.

WS, good luck with the pre-op.

WW, hope the trip back home was OK. Weather isn't looking good for fishing the rest of the week.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16065 on: Jun 17, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Morning all,

WS......good luck with the pre-op  ;)   sorry Mother Nature stepped in and shut down your trip  :(

IF45.....hope the shots do the trick this time  :)

IW......good luck at pt, hope you can get in to see the surgeon  :-\

Eddie.....glad you had a good day with family yesterday  :thumbsup:  looks like a decent day to be working outside  :clap:

H2L.....nice your daughter and BF did the work for you  :bow:

IFF.....good for you taking time off to spend with the family  :thumbsup: :clap:  guess you can add "master griller" to your resume  :woot:

MrC......you are right, grandkids start school the last week of August  ;)  and now they don't have to make up any snow days, they have"blizzard bags" which is school work on the computer they can do at home which counts as a day in school  :)

The trip home wasn't bad traffic wise but the rain/fog was a PITA  ::)  glad we were traveling west bound, the east bound lanes heading towards Boston were bumper to bumper moving about 30 mph for a good 50 -60 mile stretch on I-90  :o
Lawn work is on tap today once the grass dries here and at fishing camp  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16066 on: Jun 17, 2019, 07:43 AM »
54* start again today. Low 70's for the week. Gas prices are all over the place. I topped off the tank again in the town where the auction place is at $2.24. It is a lot easier on the wallet. In the city there are some places still at $2.70

I need to get the lawn mowed today. I need to keep my lawn mowed as the place next door goes up for sale this week. I noticed yesterday that when they stacked up the old wood at the house on the other side that they have stacked it under the drip from the porch. Duh Stuff is already pretty rotten.

Quite day yesterday as the son and dil came up on Saturday. The had the mentally retarded 46 year old young man with them. My son takes care of him a few days a week. Between my son and his brother taking care of him he has been making some great improvements. He was putting a 100 piece jig saw puzzle together. He goes by the shapes of the pieces. He could have put it together upside down.

I forgot to remind my other son to send me the recipe for the rhubarb pie he made for me last month, when he called yesterday. It tasted like the rhubarb custard pie my mother made. The wife made one yesterday from a recipe for one with out a top crust that she got off of the internet. The top of it was so hard I had to cut it with a sharp knife. I ended up throwing the whole thing in the garbage. It was worse that then pie my former FIL told the MIL that she should sell her pie crust recipe to Goodyear to make  tires out of as it was so tough. I was thinking the same thing.

IW Hopefully you do not have to go through another surgery. Sadly it might be the only way to get rid of the pain

IFF We have not been to Golden Coral since the wife had the gastric sleeve surgery. She can not eat enough to make it pay and I do not need to eat that much any way. We stopped  at a restaurant the other day so she could have their shrimp special. She had 3 skewers with 11 shrimp on each one. She only ate one and brought the other two home.

WS I hope they get the results of your preop back fast so it does not screw up your scheduled scope of your knee. I need to go over and get some blood work done. I usually have the results online  before the day is over.
No matter how good your rain gear is the water seems to get thorough. You needed one of the military surplus rain ponchos I just sold. I bought them incase we had rain on a hunting trip to Colorado. You can sit with your gun under them to keep it dry they are that big.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16067 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Just got home from having the Botox injections. 31 shots. This time did by a different Doctor. Felt Everyone go in. My wife thought I was going to come off the table a couple of times. Hopefully this round works.

Tom Turkey, Hope you got your lawn mowed today. Good you had a quiet day yesterday.

WallyWorld, Glad you made it home ok. Traffic on I90 is a pain.

Hunts2long, Glad you had a great Father’s Day and the steaks were good.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16068 on: Jun 18, 2019, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 59*, high of 72 today with some rain showers expected.

I-45...best of luck with this round of the injections Sir, hope they work for you!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you made it home safely, some of that rain was really coming down at times.   :thumbsup:
  H2...sorry to read your cousin just missed on the money board, better luck to him next time! Glad you had a great day, nothing better than a nice steak on the grill.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the pre-op went well and everything is still on schedule.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...wow, what a fine meal at your sons house!  :clap:  Hope your PT went well and maybe you got some answers to the pain you have been having. Enjoy the visit with your wife’s family!   :thumbsup:

We had a really great day on the marble yesterday, our best so far with the new crew, everything is coming together nicely now.   :thumbsup:
  Had one of the homeless guys come by our area around 8am blowing off some steam about the Governor, lol. He was just polishing off the last bit of a tall Milwaukee Ice for breakfast....couldn’t barely understand what he was saying, but the swear words were loud and clear.  He was heading right towards the Capitol ranting and raving  ..... ;D
  Time for another 8....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16069 on: Jun 18, 2019, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all doing well. Eddie I tried to get back to the garage sale again but they were not open any more. However a bright spot came again on some chubby darters and snap raps at 3.5 ea. Hoping they hit the 70% off soon. Then I will buy as many as possible. My daughter has had her first break-up with the boyfriend. I'm glad she told me about it not traumatic but still tears were shed. IW WS and I-45 hope your all getting better.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16070 on: Jun 18, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

56 heading toward to 70 later today, scattered sprinkles around noon possible.

45 I about came off my chair reading about your 31 shots :-\ I hope they help you out :thumbsup:

Eddie glad to read the new guys are cranking :thumbsup: So far everything is on schedule for me on Friday.

OG Has to be hard seeing your daughter in tears :( Hope she springs back  :thumbsup:

WW hope your lawn work all went well :thumbsup:

IW hope the PT went well and a few questions were answered :thumbsup:

Yesterdays pre-op went well and all the paper work is in. Blood work came back good, EKG showed everything firing on all cylinders. A few pokes and a tug later ??? I was set free ;D

Today I have to round up a new toilet seat for our upstairs. I have a few cedar chips to spread and then just some tinkering to do.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what is on your agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16071 on: Jun 18, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....hope the shots do the trick this time  :-\

OG......nothing like Dad's shoulder when a girl has a broken heart   :whistle: 

Eddie.....glad the guys are meshing so well and getting better all the time  :thumbsup:

WS.....with all the recent rain the mowing was a challenge yet again  ::)  have fun tinkering  ;D

TT....gas here in my little town is $2.85, about a dime more than anywhere else around  :blink:  hope you were able to get the mowing done  :flex:

A trip to hunting camp is on tap today.....hoping to knock down the grass, should be interesting as it hasn't been done yet this year  :o

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16072 on: Jun 18, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning. 60* and cloudy.

Eddie, you do get to see some "great" ones around the Cap. When I worked in 99 Wash. Ave we would go set in the Park and watch the show. Who knows I may have seen that same guy, 25 years ago.

OS, daughters always seem to get over it, on the other hand, the grey hair stays.

WS, glad the pre-op went well.

Ice-45, after all those shots, they better work. Hope you are feeling better.

WW, good luck with the mowing at hunting camp. Go slow you don't want to stir up any bugs....lol. They have been very bad here. Just hooking up the boat they carry you away.

I hooked up the boat yesterday afternoon and went out for a few hours. 7 walleyes (4 keepers) 17" the biggest. Water has dropped 6" and temp was up to 68*. Most came from 19 to 22 fow on jigs. Very little wind, no clouds, no weeds and they were some what shallow for this lake. Couldn't get a hit in deeper water and I marked fish very DEEP. I have to study my map some more.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16073 on: Jun 18, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 65* here and cloudy. Talking showers this afternoon and for the rest of the week. Head is still sore from the injections yesterday and the headache is still there. I thought my wife was going to kill the Doctor. She said next time if there is one the first Doctor will do the injections. She got the mri moved to next Monday. She’s not sure about the stairs after the next surgery. I told her it will be ok. This has been very tough on her. I hope there is a resolution soon.

Whopper Stopper, Glad the Pre op went good.

WallyWorld, Good luck with the mowing at the Hunting Cabin today. Watch out for ticks.

Old Goat, I hope your daughter bounces back soon from the break up. Good thing she has you to lean on.

Hunts2long, Sounds like you had a good day on the water yesterday.

Mason Eddie, Sounds like you had some entertainment yesterday.

Ice Wanderer, I hope the pt went well yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day and manages to stay dry if it’s raining where you are.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16074 on: Jun 18, 2019, 09:27 AM »
I managed to get most of the yard mown yesterday. Only the old garden spot to go. As I was mowing near the leaf pile I notice a second potato plant had come up. When I looked at it the potato was on the top of the ground. I buried it so we will see if either of them produce any thing.

I noticed a male blue bird investigating one of my bird houses. I decided I needed to clean it out. When I opened it there was a 3/4 inch toad in it. ??? The house is almost 6 foot off the ground. While I was cleaning out the rest of the bird houses I found that two of them were full of ants. I had noticed birds going in and out of one of them. I though they were feeding some young. I now think they were going in and feeding on ants. Both will be taken down to day and disinfected as I put some diazinon in them to kill the ants after plugging the holes.

ww You might want to get a can of Sawyers tick spray to put on what you wear to mow. It will last through a few washings. I have it on my camos I wear tukkey hunting. I hav only had one tick on me since I started using it.

IF-45 Hopefully all of those shots work. when i was at my paid doctors the other day he said he did not relaize the procedure hurt me. I remember saying how bad it hurt when he was doing it. Maybe I was imaging saying it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16075 on: Jun 18, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Good day after steady sometimes heavy rain earlier this morning currently getting a period of light rain another round of showers forecast to come in later this afternoon. Think my area might see new Spring rain fall record.
Bobolink hope you had a nice Fathers Day this thread is active year round feel free to drop in from time to time.
Old Goat good score at the garage sale. May your daughter get over the break up fast.
IFF glad you were able to leave work early and spend some time with your children.
Eddie good to read your mom is well and you had a nice Fathers day with your family. Depending on how much you and your wife like garlic you may want to internet search for info. on garlic festival held yearly in Saugerties,NY. (Northern Ulster county) Good to hear your work crew is running on all cylinders guess you see a little of everything working by the capital.
Ice Wanderer sounds like a great time and dinner at Son number 2's home. Hope PT was not to painful yesterday and you got to see your surgeon. Have a good visit with your wife's mom and daughter.
Icefisher-45 don't think I would have made it through 31 injections to my head without taking some breaks. May this round help stop the headaches. Does your wife have any hobbies or activities see can do to get a break from work and your medical problems.
Whopper Stopper given the weather conditions you describe I can see water getting through your rain gear. Good to hear the pre-opp went well and you still on for surgery date. I hope the toilet seat is not colored seams they change shade often and the seat never quite matches the rest of toilet.
Hunts2long sorry your cousin missed out on prize money because of another anglers last minute catch better luck to him next contest. Very nice of your daughter and her Bf to do the grilling on Fathers Day. Congratulations on getting out yesterday and catching the walleyes.
Wallyworld I keep forgetting how much things have changed since my school days and how it is now possible to do school work over the internet. Hope you brought a string trimmer with you to hunting camp may need to shorten the grass some before mowing.
Tom Turkey good to read you had a nice dinner with your son and DIL. Give my thanks to your son for helping the mentally challenged man. Your neighbor is lucky that you care about neighborhood appearance and are keeping your property in shape to help with their home sale. May whomever buys the home turn out to be as good of a neighbor.

Have a good Tuesday. Best to those fishing.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16076 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   Cloudy and 64*, high of 72 today with PM rains expected.

Steve...it sure has been a crazy wet Spring this year! We got hit with rain yesterday around 10am causing us to shut down outside, it started letting up at quitting time. Have heard about that Garlic Fest you mentioned but have never been to it, understand it’s a garlic lovers paradise.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...I use the Sawyers spray as well on my hunting clothes, seems to work very good on the ticks.   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope you have less pain today and the injections are working, can’t imagine getting stuck that many times, damn. Best wishes sent..... :thumbsup:
  H2...nice job on the Walters again, good eating size fish!    :thumbsup:   What’s your biggest walleye out of the Sacandaga? Good luck with the fishing today if you’re heading out.
  Wally...hope your lawn machines handled the grass ok at the hunting camp, must have looked like a hay field the way everything is growing.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad to read everything went well with all the tests and Friday’s surgery is still on schedule, excellent!   :thumbsup:
  OG...have been down that road before with the boyfriends, never easy. Good luck with the chubby and snap rap deals... :thumbsup:
   Jeff... hope you’re feeling better and everything is going well the guests.    :thumbsup:

One more follow up visit with the Dr. for me today, hopefully the last one. The wound is healing pretty well, still a small hole under my arm that hasn’t completely closed up yet...but no pain to speak of other than the adhesive over the gauze wanting to pull my skin off...irritating.
  Truck is ready for some new tires, getting a few prices today....Mavis won’t get a call or ever see another penny, that’s for sure.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16077 on: Jun 19, 2019, 04:32 AM »
Morning all,

Mowing never happened yesterday as it was absolutely pouring when we got to camp  :%$#!:   stupid weather   >:(   Heading to the lake in a couple minutes  :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16078 on: Jun 19, 2019, 04:52 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 52* and cloudy here on my hill, no rain up this way yesterday, it was nice all day. ::)
                        Eddie........It might take a while for that hole to fully close. When I was 27 I had an appendectomy and it got    infected and the surgeon opened
                 the wound and it had to heal from the bottom out. I too had skin rash when changing the dressing 3 times a day, until a nurse put on this thing called
                 a Montgomery strap, It was two pieces of adhesive material with laces between them. All I had to do is unlace the string and change the gauze and
                 re lace. :flex:
                        Marv......I'm glad your pre op went well and your surgery go as scheduled. :thumbsup:
                        I-45.......I hope the injections are working. ???
                        Wally......I have to mow every 5 days, I hope the grass at camp doesn't get too high between mowings. :blink:
                        Steve.....Monday's PT wasn't very good, I have another problem going on, the orthopedic dept. wouldn't renew my arthritis med until I have another
                 blood test, that's today. So with the med wearing off just doubles the pain I have going. :%$#!:
                        I din't post yesterday, I slept in, my #3 son called me Monday night and I had to take him to the emergency room, he thought he pulled a hernia trying
                 to get his daughters Barbie car up from the basement, I didn't get home till 4 am. He's OK. It was a twisted testicle!
                        Everything with the house guest are going OK, I've been sleeping most of their visit so far.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday Hump Day either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16079 on: Jun 19, 2019, 06:31 AM »
60* and cloudy.
Wife and I went to the Garlic Fest about 10/12 years ago. It was fun and they had Garlic ice cream and Garlic everything.
IW, hope #3 son is feeling better
Eddie, the rain stayed South of here yesterday and it was sunny most of the day. My biggest walleye is 26 inches and that was caught many years ago out of Sacandaga.

I went out again yesterday afternoon. The spots from the day before produced 2 walleyes so I started searching. Found some active fish and in little over 2 hours boated 13. Lots of shorts (14") and only 4 keepers. Yesterday they came from 32 to 28 fow. Looks like rain is in the forecast, except for the weekend. One of the walleye I caught yesterday had most of one gill plate missing. I didn't see anything else wrong with it. You sometimes can see where a pike tried to make it dinner.

Got some things to do around here as I have fished 4 days in the last week. My body also feels like it and to think I use to take 2 week vacations and fish almost every day.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.