Author Topic: Starting them young at Basin Harbor  (Read 5637 times)

vtsmeltking

Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« on: Jan 28, 2004, 07:57 PM »

fishguts.

Re:Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2004, 09:29 PM »
that smile says it all... great pic.

theeotherwhitemeat

Re:Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Very cute!!! Have a little 3 yr. old myself.  She keeps telling me she`s going fishing with daddy!

kodiak73

Re: Starting them young at Basin Harbor
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2004, 07:55 AM »
my  daughter is 19 months old and she has to see the fish and then sits on a stool while i filet....cant wait to take her mom says she is to young yet ....kodiak73

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2004, 08:05 AM »
nehusker13 and I were fishing on a like near Brookings, SD. It was colder than a Well Diggers @#$ and I thought I heard a baby crying. I climbed out of my shanty and listened. Sure enough I was right. Over about 75 yards was a small clam style shanty complete with a newborn baby. I personally don't think that 18 months would be a problem if you were more concerned about entertaining them than fishing, but there is a limit. This situation wasn't only bad judgment, it was dangerous. The temp ended up being 15 below with a 15m/h wind. Thats too cold for a baby.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2004, 11:23 PM »
[ ;D ;D ;D My daughter is now nine turning ten but I will always remember when she was three and caught a trophy walleye. She was casting into a marsh off lake manitoba when I though she snagged the bottom but to my disbelief a trophy walleye surfaced. Yes I helped her bring it in however she was the one that hooked the fish.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.