Author Topic: Mounting- o.k. or not?  (Read 4459 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re:Mounting- o.k. or not?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2003, 08:08 PM »
I know I made light of this subject in my first post, but...

I once caught a 21lb 7oz brown trout while fishing bass at a local bay...I kept the fish because I thought it would make the local derby...it ended up I couldn't get it officially weighed to enter it and it was too old and big to be palatable. Always regretted killing that fish.

Since then I've caught many "trophy" fish and have released all of them.

I think the true "trophy" is the memory of the experience and the pictures to prove it! Besides you can't "stretch" a mount near as much as a memory.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2003, 08:19 PM »
Mount it, why not.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline INDY AUGER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2003, 08:49 PM »
I WOULD SAY IF YOU ARE NOT DOING IT TO EVERY FISH YOU CATCH,ONE OR TWO WOULD BE OK. IF IT WAS THE BIGGEST FISH IN THE LAKE AND YOU TOOK IT ANOTHER ONE WOULD COME ALONG AND TAKE ITS PLACE. NOTHING LIVES FOR EVER.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2003, 02:21 PM »
i dont have any fish mounted but when i catch something that is worth a mount.... it will be a replica... i will take the pics and take the measurements. that is either way weather the fish is thrown back or eaten. Just my opinion.

Melbs      :'(

Offline olds-Pa

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 25, 2003, 04:34 PM »
What's the big deal here? Have it mounted if you want. My taxidermist will skin it out for me and give me the meat to eat. Done it twice now. Take care of the fish like you are going to eat it, and you can.

missfishylicious

« Reply #35 on: Dec 25, 2003, 04:54 PM »
a few months ago my sister in law caught a huge brown trout in the west canada and my brother in law measured it's length and it's girth then she released it .she felt great about letting that fish go .later my brother in law went to a local taxidermist and told him the measurments and he made up a replica fish which he gave his wife for xmas she thought how did he catch that fish again  :o you couldn't tell the differance so she has a beuty for the wall and let a beuty live.can't do any better than that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.